Carnival instead of RCCL?

[quote name='Truluv']I'm a Carnival fan, but wouldn't cruise on a Fantasy class or 3-4 day cruise with Carnival even if was free. My party-boat days never started. On the other hand, I'd be very happy with a free 7-day cruise on any of the newer Carnival ships.

If I have to pay, I'm going to weigh cabin categories by cost, itinerary, ship amenities, loyalty program, and the convenience of the departure port. Booked Allure this summer.

OP probably posted the question on the wrong board...you'd get different feedback on the Carnival forum. I think the only thing that you can do is keep your hubby drunk, so he doesn't realize where he is LOL. And tell him the ship isn't representative of Carnival's newer ships or a 7-day cruise. It's going to be a "unique" experience, and being with your family for a few days will make it wonderful.[/quote]
I also thought that she had posted on the wrong board. However as the responses have unfolded, I have been pleasantly surprised at how balanced and "non flaming" they have been. As a frequent visitor on the Carnival boards, I'm afraid that a post like this would not turn out well. I think she is getting some balanced advice here. This actually seems to be how CC was designed. Not the flame wars that so often erupt.

Just got back and had a great time. The ship is old , kept tripping on all the door ledges:p, but does not smell and food was fine,not amazing...but fine since I ate about 5 times a day. It was a great value for a quick trip. Would I plan it as a once a year vacation, heck no, but as a getaway, Id book again tomorrow. DH liked it fine, beat working. But he is ready for RCCL Quest:cool:

[quote name='tinkr2']Just got back and had a great time. The ship is old , kept tripping on all the door ledges:p, but does not smell and food was fine,not amazing...but fine since I ate about 5 times a day. It was a great value for a quick trip. Would I plan it as a once a year vacation, heck no, but as a getaway, Id book again tomorrow. DH liked it fine, beat working. But he is ready for RCCL Quest:cool:[/QUOTE]

Glad you and hubby had a great time.:)

Did this cruise not have Quest on it or was it just not as good as RCI's?

Bill

We went on Carnival Magic in March. We had a great time. There are differences, but there is also a huge cost difference. If we cruise again and the price difference is huge, we would cruise Carnival again. I think every cruise is what you make of it. Thousands of people cruise Carnival, daily, so you know it can't be that bad.

[quote name='tinkr2']Just got back and had a great time. The ship is old , kept tripping on all the door ledges:p, but does not smell and food was fine,not amazing...but fine since I ate about 5 times a day. It was a great value for a quick trip. Would I plan it as a once a year vacation, heck no, but as a getaway, Id book again tomorrow. DH liked it fine, beat working. But he is ready for RCCL Quest:cool:[/quote]

Nice to hear it worked out fine.

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']Glad you and hubby had a great time.:)

Did this cruise not have Quest on it or was it just not as good as RCI's?

Bill[/QUOTE]

Instead of a show, at 10 the have a love and marriage show....not so great, but something to do in between eating :p
But I meant to type that hubby is ready for the RCCL Quantum:cool:, but that Quest is pretty great too.....

[quote name='tinkr2']Instead of a show, at 10 the have a love and marriage show....not so great, but something to do in between eating :p
But I meant to type that hubby is ready for the RCCL Quantum:cool:, but that Quest is pretty great too.....[/QUOTE]

Oh OK I am quite sure the Quantum will be a step up.

What passes for entertainment on CCL these days is pretty bad unfortunately.

Enjoy your future cruises.:)

Bill

The question was how do you get your husband to take a Carnival cruise. You emphasize that you will be together on vacation on a cruise. They aren't the fanciest ships but it's a cruise and everyone is always so happy (with a few recent exceptions). I love the atmosphere on Carnival. Who turns down a cruise?

We've cruised other lines and mostly a cruise is a cruise. I'm not married to Carnival but for me it's the most convenient and economical where I live. When we just want to get away and we have less vacation budget and/or time we take a Carnival cruise from Galveston. I personally thought Norwegian was much less festive but we had a fabulous time in Alaska and the Mediterranean. Disney had great entertainment when my kids were little and it was a gorgeous ship but the food is pretty much the same on all of them.

This is my first Royal Caribbean and we chose it for the ports and dates. I'm not expecting to be so impressed I'll never cruise another line.

As a last resort offer him great sex. :D

[quote name='MarilynTX']The question was how do you get your husband to take a Carnival cruise. You emphasize that you will be together on vacation on a cruise. They aren't the fanciest ships but it's a cruise and everyone is always so happy (with a few recent exceptions). I love the atmosphere on Carnival. Who turns down a cruise?

We've cruised other lines and mostly a cruise is a cruise. I'm not married to Carnival but for me it's the most convenient and economical where I live. When we just want to get away and we have less vacation budget and/or time we take a Carnival cruise from Galveston. I personally thought Norwegian was much less festive but we had a fabulous time in Alaska and the Mediterranean. Disney had great entertainment when my kids were little and it was a gorgeous ship but the food is pretty much the same on all of them.

This is my first Royal Caribbean and we chose it for the ports and dates. I'm not expecting to be so impressed I'll never cruise another line.

As a last resort offer him great sex. :D[/QUOTE]

Have you ever cruised on NCL to the Caribbean or on Carnival to Alaska or the Med?

Alaska and Med cruises are more port intensive and have a different demographic than a Caribbean cruise.

We were just on the NCL Dawn to the Caribbean and the NCL Star was docked next to us and when we came back to the ship this is what we found waiting for us. I don't think it gets any more festive.
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE7QLDZ9Bzw[/url]

Also I don't now anybody who turns down a cruise. lol

Bill

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']Have you ever cruised on NCL to the Caribbean or on Carnival to Alaska or the Med?

Alaska and Med cruises are more port intensive and have a different demographic than a Caribbean cruise.

We were just on the NCL Dawn to the Caribbean and the NCL Star was docked next to us and when we came back to the ship this is what we found waiting for us. I don't think it gets any more festive.
[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE7QLDZ9Bzw[/URL]

Also I don't now anybody who turns down a cruise. lol

Bill[/quote]

Nice video. :)

Archived