Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

On 1/9/2023 at 9:49 AM, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

A cheap airline ticket…..do they still exist?

Just to follow-up on this - I just booked my flights for my March cruise.  Under $450 for non-stop flights from ALB-MCO (the only cruise embarkation port to which I can get a non-stop flight from my home airport).  The $173 return flight value compared to the earlier flight (8 PM for the one I'm taking vs. 1 PM for the more expensive one) MORE than covers the cost of the post-cruise excursion to the space center.

As a comparison - My flights to Nashville for work this past week were almost the same price, and I couldn't get there non-stop...

• 2 weeks later...

I will be traveling solo on two Celebrity cruises out of Australia this spring (fall down there) as part of my first trip down-under.

I'll be on the Carnival Splendor for the 10-day New Zealand cruise out of Sydney March 28 to April 7 and then the Carnival Luminosa for its 22-day Trans-Pacific from Brisbane to Seattle April 13 to May 4.

I've been on 4 4-day Carnival cruises but no long Carnival cruises. I've been on one 15-night trans-atlantic crossing on the Celebrity Constellation. 

• Like 1

@Doribeansthe Splendor is a  very nice ship, I’ve  been on her a few times but not in Australia. You will have a wonderful time. I’m also taking my first longer cruise for 15 days. It is extra exciting and so much more to pack(at least for me). Enjoy the land of Koalas, joeys, and the Great Barrier Reef😀

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Going solo July 29, 2023 Holland America  25 days Boston to Boston. I have been traveling solo for about 6 years now. I really enjoy it, didn't think I would but I do. My husband doesn't like to travel and doesn't mind me going so I do. 

Edited by shadow 123
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, jerzeeguy said:

First time solo cruiser here booked on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas - 4 Night Canada Cruise (July 18-22, 2023). Looking forward to this cruise and trying my hand at SOLO CRUISING for the first time 😳

Enjoy

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:09 PM, sunsetjewel63 said:

Hi RevZacc,

Your previous cruising, sound's quite similar to mine.  Previously cruised with my now ex husband and I will be doing my first solo cruise this coming May 2023, cruising Alaska on Majestic Princess. I don't believe that the Princess line organises anything for solo cruises.  However I plan to keep myself busy with tours when in Port and have organised my dinner seatings to be seated with other groups. 

Alaska looks and sounds amazing and I'm pretty excited!  It will be my first time traveling to the United States and Vancouver.  Best wishes for your up coming cruise to Alaska and other future sailings through your retirement 🙂 

Hi sunsetjewel63!!  Alaska has been on my bucket list for a long time so I'm quite excited for this cruise and land tour.  Best wishes for your cruise.  Would love to hear a report after you return home.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:52 PM, RevZacc said:

Hi sunsetjewel63!!  Alaska has been on my bucket list for a long time so I'm quite excited for this cruise and land tour.  Best wishes for your cruise.  Would love to hear a report after you return home.

Hi, I have sailed to Alaska at least 4 or 5 times solo....the last time was back in July 2022. 

I did a land tour pre-cruise for that one too. 

Hope you have a wonderful cruise😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 8:52 AM, RevZacc said:

Thank you  RevZacc and same to you.  Hope you cruise to Alaska is amazing.  Yes, same here.  Getting very excited now. Not long to go before May is here.  

• Like 2

So many inspiring tales here, thank you for sharing.

I am booked on the Celebrity Reflection 9-day Mediterranean out of Barcelona,  06/29.  This is my third solo cruise, my first since Covid.  First was Princess Mexico, a wonderful experience as a single, and the second Celebrity Edge Mediterranean.  I found most fellow passengers on the Edge to be less than interested in any sort of friendly banter.  Not sure why the difference between the two but just my perception.  Perhaps it was due to the Med being port heavy but the vibe on the Edge was very, very different.  The single cabins were nice though.

I’m going to give it another shot.  There is always that anxiety that I won’t be able to navigate things on my own but, as people have said here, you have to get up and just do it.  

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, shadow 123 said:

Going solo July 29, 2023 Holland America  25 days Boston to Boston. I have been traveling solo for about 6 years now. I really enjoy it, didn't think I would but I do. My husband doesn't like to travel and doesn't mind me going so I do. 

I am in the same situation - he likes to travel but not nearly as often as I do. Thank goodness he is cool with my solo trips! I am not sure I could be away for 25 days at a time though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cossitt said:

I am booked on the Celebrity Reflection 9-day Mediterranean out of Barcelona,  06/29.  This is my third solo cruise, my first since Covid.  First was Princess Mexico, a wonderful experience as a single, and the second Celebrity Edge Mediterranean.  I found most fellow passengers on the Edge to be less than interested in any sort of friendly banter.  Not sure why the difference between the two but just my perception.  Perhaps it was due to the Med being port heavy but the vibe on the Edge was very, very different.  The single cabins were nice though.

I’m going to give it another shot.  There is always that anxiety that I won’t be able to navigate things on my own but, as people have said here, you have to get up and just do it.  

If I can do it anyone can do it. Go and enjoy. I find people different on different ships. I do

• Like 1

I just booked 4 more solo cruises for next year.  They make a B2B2B2B.  First a TA on the Anthem, 2 days to LeHavre, and switching to Queen Mary 2 for a sailing to Hamburg and then a TA back to NYC.This will be a total of 25 days on both ships.  I will be trying a single cabin for the first time on both ships.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, cossitt said:

My experience with Celebrity this February was similar to yours. In general, fellow guests just weren't as friendly as they were on other cruise lines. Still had a great time though.

Enjoy your trip in June!

16 hours ago, cossitt said:

I found most fellow passengers on the Edge to be less than interested in any sort of friendly banter.  Not sure why the difference between the two but just my perception.

3 hours ago, whee-sailing said:

My experience with Celebrity this February was similar to yours. In general, fellow guests just weren't as friendly as they were on other cruise lines. Still had a great time though.

Enjoy your trip in June!

I'm currently on the Norwegian Escape and can say that my experience is the polar opposite.  Fellow passengers have been so engaging right from the time I boarded and this group of solo cruisers has been amazing!  NCL just does it right for solos, but the fellow passengers that aren't solo have played a small part as well.