Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Queen Mary 2 TA July 27, first solo

Although I didn't sail solo, I was on the QM2 for 21 nights in 2019 (New York roundtrip by way of England, Iceland, and Nova Scotia), and every day (usually after breakfast) I would see a good-sized table of solo passengers in the large coffee lounge adjacent to the King's Court buffet (the Carinthia Lounge, I think it's called). There may well have been solo get-togethers in other venues that I didn't see, but I met plenty of solos individually around the ship. 

In general, it's a very sociable ship, especially if you like a pre-dinner cocktail or two. The Chart Room, in particular, was always hopping in the early evening. I think you'll enjoy the ship.

Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

Although I didn't sail solo, I was on the QM2 for 21 nights in 2019 (New York roundtrip by way of England, Iceland, and Nova Scotia), and every day (usually after breakfast) I would see a good-sized table of solo passengers in the large coffee lounge adjacent to the King's Court buffet (the Carinthia Lounge, I think it's called). There may well have been solo get-togethers in other venues that I didn't see, but I met plenty of solos individually around the ship. 

In general, it's a very sociable ship, especially if you like a pre-dinner cocktail or two. The Chart Room, in particular, was always hopping in the early evening. I think you'll enjoy the ship.

Jim

Thanks that sounds very reassuring!

I just booked a short (4-night) Pacific Coastal (Vancouver to San Diego) cruise, Oct. 22-26, 2024, on the HAL Koningsdam in one of their single-occupancy ocean view cabins in the very front of Deck 1. (HAL has two ships with such cabins; the other one is the Nieuw Statendam. there are twelve single occupancy cabins on each of the ships, ranging from 137 to 172 square feet).

The price was $394.00, plus $136.00 in taxes and port charges---about $100.00 less than a solo occupant in an inside cabin would pay. As both an AARP member and a Carnival Corp. shareholder, I'll get a total of $100.00 in OBC.

This is one of those times when the airfare will cost more than the cruise, but I don't care. I want to do it! My last solo cruise was five years ago.

Jim

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

I just booked a short (4-night) Pacific Coastal (Vancouver to San Diego) cruise, Oct. 22-26, 2024, on the HAL Koningsdam in one of their single-occupancy ocean view cabins in the very front of Deck 1. (HAL has two ships with such cabins; the other one is the Nieuw Statendam. there are twelve single occupancy cabins on each of the ships, ranging from 137 to 172 square feet).

The price was $394.00, plus $136.00 in taxes and port charges---about $100.00 less than a solo occupant in an inside cabin would pay. As both an AARP member and a Carnival Corp. shareholder, I'll get a total of $100.00 in OBC.

This is one of those times when the airfare will cost more than the cruise, but I don't care. I want to do it! My last solo cruise was five years ago.

Jim

Have a great time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, inar said:

Just booked the NCL Bliss sailing March 3rd solo!   Never sailed solo so hoping to meet fun people to hang out with onboard.  

4 of my solo cruises have been on NCL and minus 1, I went to most of the solo meetups - met a lot of awesome people there and the crew members running it will arrange some events/dinners

• Like 1

My name is Mary and I will be cruising solo on the Norwegian Jade leaving from Tampa on Feb 18, 2024.  Any other solos on that cruise?  I have cruised several times with my husband and kids (grown), but my husband has to work that week so I am going alone.  Not sure what to expect, but I hope I can meet some people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow 123 said:

Solo to the Caribbean is October on Holland America.

Hi, it would probably help if you put what ship you are sailing on......and even the date of the cruise.

I will be sailing on the Azamara Journey in November out of Ft. Lauderdale for 12 nights Eastern Caribbean. I booked it last week with a nice amount of onboard credit included. I was on the Onward in December and loved it. This will be my 5th. time sailing solo on Azamara, the price was great. I am thinking of adding on the 13night after mine and doing a b2b because the solo price is really good as well. Azamara is really great with solo's and traveling on the small ships is just wonderful!   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...