Cigarettes on board

Just to let everyone know, I'm Jennyau's daughter. There's no point giving her any quitting lecture, she's heard them all before from me! I wasn't successful, so I seriously doubt any online stranger will be able to change much... Don't waste your valuable internet time... lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Another thing you'er only allowed to bring back into Australia 50 cigarettes' date=' when we went through customs they said they would let you get away with 60 max, so 3 packets.[/quote']

Not sure how crazy it gets with Australian Customs, but last year we had the misfortune of being singled out for secondary screening by the Canadians. While waiting 45 minutes for our turn, we heard lots of screaming and yelling. It tended to start after a customs agent told a tourist something like this: "you have too many cigarettes. You can pay us $400 now or $800 later". Then the screaming would start at which point, the agent would comely repeat over and over. I have found that boarder agents don't tend to have a really good sense of humor.

Good point.....I'm thinking maybe I should post the question on the Aus/Kiwi board

I wasn't having a go at you guys.. I was just joking around! I suggest you buy them duty free on the way out of the country, enough that you think you will need. Doubt you will get them any cheaper on the cruise or anywhere your stoppin, however if your stopping at some South pacific island, they may be cheaper. I know smokes are cheap as here in PNG, like $8 a pack cause they get them in from Asia. But it's a risk you would have to take. Remember as stated before, you can only take 50 cigs back into Australia duty free.. Not sure if that excludes a packet that is open and your using.. Most places around the world dont sell cigs in packets of 50 like we do in Australia thats the issue.

Good luck!

Good point.....I'm thinking maybe I should post the question on the Aus/Kiwi board

I wasn't having a go at you guys.. I was just joking around! I suggest you buy them duty free on the way out of the country, enough that you think you will need. Doubt you will get them any cheaper on the cruise or anywhere your stoppin, however if your stopping at some South pacific island, they may be cheaper. I know smokes are cheap as here in PNG, like $8 a pack cause they get them in from Asia. But it's a risk you would have to take. Remember as stated before, you can only take 50 cigs back into Australia duty free.. Not sure if that excludes a packet that is open and your using.. Most places around the world dont sell cigs in packets of 50 like we do in Australia thats the issue.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info....and I did lol at your post! I knew you were joking around.

I've been accused of taking strange pics in the past.... it's to do with the blogging thing..... when I do my walkabouts I take pics of things I've seen posted here on CC. Don't know if these prices will related to OZ prices.

From Freedom.

IMG_1295.jpg

I've been accused of taking strange pics in the past.... it's to do with the blogging thing..... when I do my walkabouts I take pics of things I've seen posted here on CC. Don't know if these prices will related to OZ prices.

From Freedom.

IMG_1295.jpg

Great photo, you never know when these things come in handy, yes it shows the price :)

I don't smoke, but I have a co-worker who will be cruising on Freedom next year and wants to know if you can buy single packs rather than whole cartons??

You could get packs at most bars (when I was on the Oasis), I paid less than $6 a pack ..... I think they were about $5.25.

BTW, how did that research project turn out? (I missed any follow up in original thread)

Lol, thanks for asking. We're still changing our minds constantly about if the drinks package would be worth it. We could MAKE it worth it, but that would be including virgin cocktails and soft drinks. So basically we're letting our savings decide for us. If we have plenty of cash before leaving, we'll get the package for convenience...

We "test" about once a week or once a fortnight though, to keep the methodology in our minds. Would hate that research to have been wasted...

Lol, thanks for asking. We're still changing our minds constantly about if the drinks package would be worth it. We could MAKE it worth it, but that would be including virgin cocktails and soft drinks. So basically we're letting our savings decide for us. If we have plenty of cash before leaving, we'll get the package for convenience...

We "test" about once a week or once a fortnight though, to keep the methodology in our minds. Would hate that research to have been wasted...

I thought about it a bit as well but wasn't as dedicated a researcher as you and your mom. Basically, I could see coming out ahead on the days that I feel like partying a bit. However, I cannot see myself coming out ahead on port days and days that I would have 0-3 drinks. Like I said in another thread, it is a personal decision for each person.

However, have fun keeping up the research. :)

I thought about it a bit as well but wasn't as dedicated a researcher as you and your mom. Basically, I could see coming out ahead on the days that I feel like partying a bit. However, I cannot see myself coming out ahead on port days and days that I would have 0-3 drinks. Like I said in another thread, it is a personal decision for each person.

However, have fun keeping up the research. :)

Can the rest of us do some research also? I already know that I don't want to pay for the drink package, but that has to do with being cheap and already getting lounge access at night so it would not be worth it for me. But research still sounds fun. If I post tonight and my typing is all crazy you will know that I'm either doing research or my spell checker is.

Can the rest of us do some research also? I already know that I don't want to pay for the drink package, but that has to do with being cheap and already getting lounge access at night so it would not be worth it for me. But research still sounds fun. If I post tonight and my typing is all crazy you will know that I'm either doing research or my spell checker is.

Please, go ahead, feel free. Any research has GOT to be good, doesn't it? It's science. A control group of only 2 isn't a very good base for any research paper...

Please, go ahead, feel free. Any research has GOT to be good, doesn't it? It's science. A control group of only 2 isn't a very good base for any research paper...

So what kind of data do you need to collect. I can probably give it to you now (ahead of time). Let's see: How much>too much. How was it>great. How often>as often as possible. Do you need anything else for you paper? Oh wait, just though of one: What kind>does it pour?

So what kind of data do you need to collect. I can probably give it to you now (ahead of time). Let's see: How much>too much. How was it>great. How often>as often as possible. Do you need anything else for you paper? Oh wait, just though of one: What kind>does it pour?

The more the merrier I say...

Basically we need data on backing up day after day....or would the sodas/mocktails make up for it when our livers need a rest?

I sound like a smoking alcoholic lush....:rolleyes:

The more the merrier I say...

Basically we need data on backing up day after day....or would the sodas/mocktails make up for it when our livers need a rest?

I sound like a smoking alcoholic lush....:rolleyes:

There I was enjoying my research with a glass of wine on the back swing watching planes go by and humming birds fight when the DW talked me into a bike ride. So 20 minutes later I get to enjoy some more wine without guilt because I just burned off the calories.:D Trying to get ready for the bike ride on Hilo.

There I was enjoying my research with a glass of wine on the back swing watching planes go by and humming birds fight when the DW talked me into a bike ride. So 20 minutes later I get to enjoy some more wine without guilt because I just burned off the calories.:D Trying to get ready for the bike ride on Hilo.

I think I need to buy a swing....

You could get packs at most bars (when I was on the Oasis), I paid less than $6 a pack ..... I think they were about $5.25.

Last cruise that my husband smoked he was just starting to wean himself down and wanted to buy a pack. Found a pack to be $5.25. Then we saw a brand of cigs that I have never seen and was told they were on sale and the entire carton was $5.75. Twice I asked, are you sure, checked the print out and yup-$5.75. Check for specials!!!

Archived