Oceania 2015 World Cruise

Andy

Interesting--my TA indicated to us that she was told that "upper management" had reserved 3 of the 6 Owner's Suites on the Around the World cruise. If that is true, seems unusual they would block out so many upper level suites from the general public, especially when there is a wait list for them.

Wiks

My husband and I have reserved a cabin for this cruise and he is going to the travel agent's office tomorrow to pay our deposit.

Will post in the roll call thread as well, as we look forward to "meeting" others who will be on this cruise before the big day.

Hello

I presume London England ? Not Canada. Born in UK grew up in Canada. So had same question many times.

Welcome aboard

How many cruise credits will one receive after this cruise?

After 20 cruises one gets a free cruise from Oceania - this would go a long way towards that goal :)

Interesting question -- do they count the segment days and assign credits based on these (around 12) or do they go by the Oceania Club rules that say 55+ days gets 5 credits.

What I was told from O was that this voyage would get 15 credits at the end of the cruise. For us who have 5 credits already it would mean we will be eligible for the "free" cruise after our return!! A bonus to go with a spectacular cruise!!!

What I was told from O was that this voyage would get 15 credits at the end of the cruise. For us who have 5 credits already it would mean we will be eligible for the "free" cruise after our return!! A bonus to go with a spectacular cruise!!!

That's great news! A wonderful "bonus".

Enjoy.

Hi Here in Australia we were only notified by email of this cruise on evening July 17. I called their Sydney office and was told until Sept no segments were to be offered

I called TA on July 19th to be told complete cruise sold out bar a few Verandah cabins. Apparently the USA was offered bookings well before we antipodians

We were able to be wait listed for an Internal cabin - came through on July 23 :) - yesterday we paid our deposits. Not missing out on this opportunity

I doubt any segments will be offered - no need

Can't wait.

Kristine

Kristine - Glad you could at least waitlist a cabin. I just checked O's site and there appears to be several oceanview and some balconies still available.

Still hoping there will be a few cabins for segments as our friends (also in Melbourne) would really love to do the Capetown to Singapore segment.

Have you checked out our roll call yet? There is already a bunch of us over there!!

Cathi

on board booking was ONLY 10% deposit. Our ambassador was surprised I had details before boarding on 7/4. (But that thread was taken down)

We have an inside cabin on hold and we have a futre deposit certificate that entitles us to the benefits of an onboard booking. Hopefully this means that we will only have to pay a 10% deposit. Do you recall whether they offered a discount for an inside cabin?

We have an inside cabin on hold and we have a futre deposit certificate that entitles us to the benefits of an onboard booking. Hopefully this means that we will only have to pay a 10% deposit. Do you recall whether they offered a discount for an inside cabin?

As this is a special cruise you will not be able to put down 10% only, it will have to be the full 20% and you will not get a discount from Oceania..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

As this is a special cruise you will not be able to put down 10% only, it will have to be the full 20% and you will not get a discount from Oceania..

Jancruz1

Usually you are 100% correct but I used an onboard booking and paid a 10% deposit. I got a discount for my outside cabin as well. No discounts are provided for inside cabins on any voyage for using an onboard booking.

Usually you are 100% correct but I used an onboard booking and paid a 10% deposit. I got a discount for my outside cabin as well. No discounts are provided for inside cabins on any voyage for using an onboard booking.

I have an inside cabin on hold, but a C2 cabin is available. Not getting a discount for an inside cabin makes the C2 cabin that much more attractive. Thanks for the help. Sandra

Yes, sorry about that - I have now updated my profile to indicate London in the UK :)

Good news, look forward to meeting. Are you planning to be in Miami earlier than the prior day?

WIKS- absolutely NOT true.

We have never and never will, block or otherwise take inventory off line.

We are in the business of selling staterooms, not harding them!,

FDR

FDR--thank you for your prompt reply. I am happy to find out that what I was told is not correct (however, I must tell you that I understood it was an Oceania rep who said that to my TA; probably just a misunderstanding--I understand we are #5 on the wait list though). Thank you again.

Wiks

Good news, look forward to meeting. Are you planning to be in Miami earlier than the prior day?

Hello, hello! We look forward to meeting you as well. We are booking the inclusive flight/hotel arrangements, so I believe we'll only be there on the prior day and not any earlier than that, as we weren't planning to do a deviation (as I believe it's called?)

I've been surfing the Oceania thread today and have seen that bridge classes are often offered on cruises that have a lot of days at sea, as we will have. I am really looking forward to learning to play bridge - are there any other bridge players on this thread?

Hello, hello! We look forward to meeting you as well. We are booking the inclusive flight/hotel arrangements, so I believe we'll only be there on the prior day and not any earlier than that, as we weren't planning to do a deviation (as I believe it's called?)

I've been surfing the Oceania thread today and have seen that bridge classes are often offered on cruises that have a lot of days at sea, as we will have. I am really looking forward to learning to play bridge - are there any other bridge players on this thread?

I believe that you are inquiring about Bridge players who will be sailing with you on the World Cruise.

That is something that you will have better luck with on the Roll Call for that particular voyage:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1878374&page=7

I did say he wouldnt get a discount on an inside cabin and I am double checking the info I got from res with the boss..

Jancruz1

Kristine - the cruise for North Americans went on sale at 8 am on July 17th which means agents in Australia would not have access until the morning of the 18th unless working late in the evening of the 17th. All cabins were gone within a couple hours but many have since become available to those on wait list - it's easy to say you want a cabin but a little harder to put down a deposit with a $250 cancellation fee,

Not sure who you got your e-mail from about the cruise but it was only announced up here about a week before that

See you on the ship - the planning is already going on.

I did say he wouldnt get a discount on an inside cabin and I am double checking the info I got from res with the boss..

Jancruz1

OK..Here is the info:

While there was a reduced deposit offer during the first week after release, full deposit of 20% is now required.

On Board booking discounts, continue to be available for Category C and higher..

Jancruz1

[/color][/size][/font]

Hello Marie,

What would be best method to contact you for a get together? We head to Australia on the 24th - included is the Orion Cruise visiting the northwest and the Kimberleys.

But no rush. Cheers Howard