Oceania 2015 World Cruise

Andy

We cruised on Nautica back in 2008 when we did the Hong Kong to Athens cruise. It was 35days and I didn't want to leave the ship when we reached Athens. We certainly didn't get tired of the meals. We made so many wonderful friends on that cruise and are still in contact with them today.

Jennie

Edited by Aussie Gal

Guess I will have to live vicariously through those on CC who can take this trip. Sure wish we could (can we take our 2 cats?? ) take this. Guess we will see what they have to offer in segments.

Service cats?

Well, we did it. Pulled the trigger on the entire cruise. It's the only way we're getting to Australia, NZ and Asia, because I don't want to fly that far. I'd rather spend 180 days and cruise the whole way :D.

Edited by hondorner

Well, we did it. Pulled the trigger on the entire cruise. It's the only way we're getting to Australia, NZ and Asia, because I don't want to fly that far. I'd rather spend 180 days and cruise the whole way :D.

Holy Cow Don, that is beyond stupendous news.

I still want to be you when I grow up, the World Cruise Itinerary is completely amazing:

191501.jpg

Have a wonderful cruise of a lifetime.

Don & Betsy - it will be great to cruise with you guys again!!! As soon as Bruce say this itin he wanted to do it. Figure we save almost 20 days of long haul flights and since we ain't getting any younger those long hauls hurt!!!!!

Talk to you soon

Cathi

PS don't forget to come over to the roll call!!!!

Edited by cathi
add PS

Good for you, Don! Not my cup of tea, but I know you and Betsy will enjoy it.

Paul,

Are you thinking of doing the Capetown to Singapore or Bangkok if it is added to the Nautica itinerary? We are seriously thinking of booking it when it comes out. It would be great to sail with you and Marsha again.

Jennie

Fantastic - good for you! If we could we'd be there too (okay, me more than DW). Skip all that flying about. Curious how to work out the personal logistics of being away that long. What an adventure. Enjoy the trip!

Edited by YoHoHo

Curious how to work out the personal logistics of being away that long. What an adventure. Enjoy the trip!

We practiced logistics on a four mointh RV trip in 2011.

By the way, today was double whammy day -- Betsy really, really wanted to go on the WC, and I really, really wanted to trade in my 2005 Leisure Travel Van for a slightly larger (24' vs. 22') Leisure Travel Unity model. We did both -- I pick up the new RV on Monday.

Monthly bill payment -- all my accounts except one are on line and either set up for auto pay, or if too variable, set up for me to pay them on line; all are email statements. That one account, our local propane company, I simply make an estimated large enough prepayment, in consultation with them. If I have to send a check, I have the bank do it using Bill Pay. I haven't written a check in years.

Deposits -- government and investment deposits are made direct to the bank. A couple of mortgagors pay by mailing their payments to my local bank, using prepaid addressed envelopes the bank gives me. I get email notifications of the deposits. Incidental checks are usually small amounts and are gathered m=by my son from time to time; he has online access to my bank and makes those deposits by smart phone photo.

Income tax -- Ours doesn't vary much, so I can use income figures to make an estimate in December, then file for an extension with the required estimated payment in early January.

Property taxes, etc., are available online if I check the county tax collector web site, and I can pay them online with a credit card.

Pool treatment, lawn care and mowing, plant watering, mail collection and dog sitting -- we are fortunate to have a line-in handyman who does the above chores in return for his room. Think of him as something like a brother-in-law who moves in and does chores for his keep.

Oh, it was sooo tempting.

But we are booked on Viking's new ocean ships maiden voyage. The sailing overlaps the WC on Insignia.

Are you forwarding your mail to O and have it resent?

Just wishing you both the best of health. Expect to see you on Marina's NY to London next May.

Pool treatment, lawn care and mowing, plant watering, mail collection and dog sitting -- we are fortunate to have a line-in handyman who does the above chores in return for his room. Think of him as something like a brother-in-law who moves in and does chores for his keep.

You are leaving your dog for half a year!

...Are you forwarding your mail to O and have it resent?...

The post office will only forward mail for vacation purposes for 30 days, then they start to send change of address to all senders. You come home and all yourcredit cards, magazines, etc. Have to be changed back to your home address. We learned this the hard way when we were commuting between two houses for 6 months and tried to have all the mail sent to one house. It was amazing how much stuff was garbled, including Medicare Advantage Plan stuff that depended on a certain address ... and our Homesread tax record ... they wanted to take it away because they said we had changed our permanent address.

we have a house sitter who handles the mail and forwards anythin that looks official to my son. We give him Power of Attorney to act for us if necessary. He has never needed it to date...

Paul,

Are you thinking of doing the Capetown to Singapore or Bangkok if it is added to the Nautica itinerary? We are seriously thinking of booking it when it comes out. It would be great to sail with you and Marsha again.

Jennie

Hi Jennie,

We too would love to sail with you again but we have done this itinerary before, including a week in Burma on a land tour.

We are doing a West Africa cruise that visits many new ports for us (Angola, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Gambia and others).

Perhaps on another cruise :)

Greetings to Paul.

Paul

While may expenses are included in the cruise fare such as 1 night pre cruise hotel, air from 1 of 12 airports, internet, laundry, gratuities and the 16 visas needed, two big expenses will be insurance and excursions. The excursion guide is over 200 pages with not much under $200/person. There are some packages to help reduce the cost but they will add up quickly. Lots of people on the roll call planning to do private tours.

Oh, it was sooo tempting.

But we are booked on Viking's new ocean ships maiden voyage. The sailing overlaps the WC on Insignia.

Wow, I wouldnt have let that stop me..who knows if she will sail on time..maiden voyages are always iffy and then the moving around starts with different itineraries..

Jancruz1

Is this cruise really waitlisted in all categories already? I'm flabbergasted. Regent never sold out the entire ship for their shorter WC's. If so, I wonder how many people booking will become no-shows at some point.

Organizing all those private tours to keep the excursion budget down is going to be a real task for lots of folks. Spreadsheets will be required!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

You are leaving your dog for half a year!

You beat me to it

I figured everyone on this cruise would have no pets (another reason not to book - who wants to cruise with folks that don;t have pets? LOL)

My dogs would never talk to me again. They hate the one month cruises.

For those of us who can't sail for so long (have parents & in laws over 90 needing our supervision) I hope you will be posting a 'daily'....I can't wait to read about your adventures. All that research & planning...a dream, wish it was me!