Are Children Welcome in Concierge Lounge on Oasis?

that is ship specific, because on the ones I have sailed I have heard plenty of comments about the fact that kids were not allowed during cocktail hour in the DL.. the vast majority preferred it that way.

the Concierge does have limited leeway to run their Lounge as they see fit.

while I (grudgingly) accept the POV from those families that sail in suites, I really don't understand why they are so adamant about it.. the kids are happily welcomed the other 20.5 hours of the day..

See my post above - this is what causes conflicts and problems - all RC needs to do is be consistent across the fleet! Our recent cruises include Allure, Independence and Navigator - no problem with kids being in lounge on any of them! We were fortunate - each time the kids were well-behaved and sat with their parents and you didn't notice they were there; however, have heard stories of rowdy kids, jumping on furniture, handling food - that would annoy me! This was in the Diamond Lounge/overflow lounge.

See my post above - this is what causes conflicts and problems - all RC needs to do is be consistent across the fleet! Our recent cruises include Allure, Independence and Navigator - no problem with kids being in lounge on any of them! We were fortunate - each time the kids were well-behaved and sat with their parents and you didn't notice they were there; however, have heard stories of rowdy kids, jumping on furniture, handling food - that would annoy me! This was in the Diamond Lounge/overflow lounge.

This is exactly why we will no longer book grand suites or better.The concierge lounge s a joke it is overrun with kids and not WELL BEHAVED .

I Still don't understand why I pay three thousand dollars each for two adults but kids who parent pays the third and fourth passenger rate of FIVE HUNDRED dollars gets to ruin this lounge.

I Stated this before but from now on we will only book JUNIOR SUITES ,I still need a bathtub and will buy my own drinks with all the money I will save ,last time on LIBERTY WE HAD TO TAKE OUR DRINKS OUTSIDE AND GO BACK TO CABIN

I have had both scenarios.

the first time, while the kids( toddlers) were quiet and non fussy all but the first night, they did trash the place. as in the family group came in, took over 2 tables( old CL on EN, 8th floor, smaller) and while they didn't stay long, maybe half an hour, every time they left, Reyno had to immediately call housekeeping to vacuum up the ground in cracker crumbs and pull out the windex for the smudges and spilled stuff. it disturbed our enjoyment to have to listen to the vacuum cleaner( and the obnoxious way the crew member acted towards Reyno one night)

the second time was in the newer lounge up in VC.. much larger, but unfortunately that was when there was one family group that thought it was their personal private hangout. the kids(pre teens.. the toddlers on this cruise were clean, quiet and not a bother) whined every time, descended like locusts on the noshies to the point where if you were not in the room when it was being set up, no one else had even a hope in hell of getting a strawberry or hot chicken appetizer and generally disrupted everyone else. and it was a large group, so they took over a good 10/12 chairs and accompanying tables. they'd trash the joint, leave and then literally at 829 they'd all return en masse and demand cans of soda.

and more than once they'd be in the CL during the day, when Reyno wasn't around to kick them out for being without an adult.

I just don't think the argument of "well I paid for my kids to be in the suite, they should have access" is a valid one. the rest of us paid to be in a suite too. your money doesn't get you more status just because you procreated.

And I was on the Liberty in March and the Allure in February and on both, saw with my own eyes members being asked to leave the Diamond club when they entered with children during the evening social. For the Allure the event was held in the nightclub and Dexter would not allow them in. On the Liberty Oana, asked a man to have his drink on the outside deck because he had a son with him about 8 years old. Instead he left with his son. I saw them there for breakfast one morning and that was fine.

Love Oana..she runs her lounge "by the book" :D:D

This is exactly why we will no longer book grand suites or better.The concierge lounge s a joke it is overrun with kids and not WELL BEHAVED .

I Still don't understand why I pay three thousand dollars each for two adults but kids who parent pays the third and fourth passenger rate of FIVE HUNDRED dollars gets to ruin this lounge.

I Stated this before but from now on we will only book JUNIOR SUITES ,I still need a bathtub and will buy my own drinks with all the money I will save ,last time on LIBERTY WE HAD TO TAKE OUR DRINKS OUTSIDE AND GO BACK TO CABIN

I feel the same.. but luckily we can go to either lounge...and usually end up in the DL..here's hoping the policy isn't changed for the DL..Can't we adults who have raised our children..have a couple of cocktails without other peoples kids (well behaved or not that's not the point)...Lots of activities RCI provides for children...use them at least so you can relax for a minute and others that wish to can also ;)

i have had both scenarios.

The first time, while the kids( toddlers) were quiet and non fussy all but the first night, they did trash the place. As in the family group came in, took over 2 tables( old cl on en, 8th floor, smaller) and while they didn't stay long, maybe half an hour, every time they left, reyno had to immediately call housekeeping to vacuum up the ground in cracker crumbs and pull out the windex for the smudges and spilled stuff. It disturbed our enjoyment to have to listen to the vacuum cleaner( and the obnoxious way the crew member acted towards reyno one night)

the second time was in the newer lounge up in vc.. Much larger, but unfortunately that was when there was one family group that thought it was their personal private hangout. The kids(pre teens.. The toddlers on this cruise were clean, quiet and not a bother) whined every time, descended like locusts on the noshies to the point where if you were not in the room when it was being set up, no one else had even a hope in hell of getting a strawberry or hot chicken appetizer and generally disrupted everyone else. And it was a large group, so they took over a good 10/12 chairs and accompanying tables. They'd trash the joint, leave and then literally at 829 they'd all return en masse and demand cans of soda.

And more than once they'd be in the cl during the day, when reyno wasn't around to kick them out for being without an adult.

I just don't think the argument of "well i paid for my kids to be in the suite, they should have access" is a valid one. The rest of us paid to be in a suite too. Your money doesn't get you more status just because you procreated.

feral rats!

parent pays the third and fourth passenger rate of FIVE HUNDRED dollars gets to ruin this lounge.

You obviously haven't priced a CL suite on Allure for 1 or 2 children. You aren't even close on the price.

And my children will go with me to the Concierge Lounge if they so choose. They are teenagers and they are well behaved.

I have had both scenarios.

the first time, while the kids( toddlers) were quiet and non fussy all but the first night, they did trash the place. as in the family group came in, took over 2 tables( old CL on EN, 8th floor, smaller) and while they didn't stay long, maybe half an hour, every time they left, Reyno had to immediately call housekeeping to vacuum up the ground in cracker crumbs and pull out the windex for the smudges and spilled stuff. it disturbed our enjoyment to have to listen to the vacuum cleaner( and the obnoxious way the crew member acted towards Reyno one night)

the second time was in the newer lounge up in VC.. much larger, but unfortunately that was when there was one family group that thought it was their personal private hangout. the kids(pre teens.. the toddlers on this cruise were clean, quiet and not a bother) whined every time, descended like locusts on the noshies to the point where if you were not in the room when it was being set up, no one else had even a hope in hell of getting a strawberry or hot chicken appetizer and generally disrupted everyone else. and it was a large group, so they took over a good 10/12 chairs and accompanying tables. they'd trash the joint, leave and then literally at 829 they'd all return en masse and demand cans of soda.

and more than once they'd be in the CL during the day, when Reyno wasn't around to kick them out for being without an adult.

I just don't think the argument of "well I paid for my kids to be in the suite, they should have access" is a valid one. the rest of us paid to be in a suite too. your money doesn't get you more status just because you procreated.

To be honest, kids shouldn't behave like this anywhere, whether they should be there or not. I don't get now parents can not get stressed at misbehaving kids. all kids do misbehave of course, but they should be taken away from the scene, its not fair on others (I am a mum by the way!).

Kids usually misbehave because they are tired or bored. why would children want to be somewhere quiet relaxing and relatively adult only anyway.

I think for the DL, the Concierges allow kids during Happy Hour in a ship by ship basis. We never had kids in the Freedom Diamond lounge but on our May 5 cruise, the Concierge -- Sascha's letter allowed them in if they were accompanied by an adult. There were no kids when we were there during Happy Hour but we came before late seating. I think there would be more kids for the early seating. We will see whether kids are allowed in the DL during Happy Hour on our upcoming EN and FR cruises.

That being said, I would not bring my almost 20 month old triplet grandsons into the DL (or CL if they were in a suite -- their parents are D) as they would be BORED. They would have to be watched closely as we do in our semi-childproofed house as they could get hurt. They are good boys (and their parents are using time-outs etc.) but a thinking parent/grandparent considers the child's age when they take them into a situation.

I feel the same.. but luckily we can go to either lounge...and usually end up in the DL..here's hoping the policy isn't changed for the DL..Can't we adults who have raised our children..have a couple of cocktails without other peoples kids (well behaved or not that's not the point)...Lots of activities RCI provides for children...use them at least so you can relax for a minute and others that wish to can also ;)
Best post ever. :cool:The kids have so many places for just kids why can't the adults have the same with an evening cocktail ADULT time? Before you flame me we have grandchildren and great grandchildren that we cruise with.

Best post ever. :cool:The kids have so many places for just kids why can't the adults have the same with an evening cocktail ADULT time? Before you flame me we have grandchildren and great grandchildren that we cruise with.
We need to keep the pressure on RCI to keep the DL kid free and not have the Concierges decide from ship to ship. Keep putting it on comment cards that you love the DL being kid free or complain when the Concierge says in a letter that the DL is open to kids as Sascha did on our FR cruise. As I said it post 34, I love my 20 month old triplet grandsons but would not bring them into the DL as it really is an inappropriate venue for them. Adam Goldstein promised in his blog two years ago that the DL would remain kid free but the policy is eroding.

Talked to Sascha about the kids in the DL on the May cruise (BTW-he is a super concierege!). Just FYI, it was not his decision to allow the kids in the DL. The decision was made by the Hotel Director, and he had to pass that info in his welcome letter. He would rather have followed RCCL's stated policy, but was directed otherwise.

Talked to Sascha about the kids in the DL on the May cruise (BTW-he is a super concierege!). Just FYI, it was not his decision to allow the kids in the DL. The decision was made by the Hotel Director, and he had to pass that info in his welcome letter. He would rather have followed RCCL's stated policy, but was directed otherwise.
Good to know about the HD.

You obviously haven't priced a CL suite on Allure for 1 or 2 children. You aren't even close on the price.

And my children will go with me to the Concierge Lounge if they so choose. They are teenagers and they are well behaved.

yes I have priced Allure prices I was quoting THE LIBERTY the ship we on at the time.

The grand suite us 3200 per person times two equals 6400 plus eight hundred each for third and fourth passenger

I agree allure is more expensive but I was talking about the LIBERTY

Archived