Are Children Welcome in Concierge Lounge on Oasis?

...some people are oblivious to the fact that they are there.

Seating is a bit tight & sometimes the conversations can become a bit more 'adult' than you wish your children to listen to.

We have found that sometimes they are even a bit more controversial than we are comfortable listening to :O)

Are children welcome in the concierge lounge on Oasis?

There is language on RC website that says that pax under 21 in CL should be accompanied by parent or guardian.

Also, just in my extremely limited anecdotal experience, I have never seen a young child in CL or DL during the evening cocktail time - I have seen teens with parents but rarely. I think for most kids, it would be extremely boring at best to hang out in CL or DL in evening.

There is language on RC website that says that pax under 21 in CL should be accompanied by parent or guardian.

Also, just in my extremely limited anecdotal experience, I have never seen a young child in CL or DL during the evening cocktail time - I have seen teens with parents but rarely. I think for most kids, it would be extremely boring at best to hang out in CL or DL in evening.

children are still banned from the DL during cocktail hour. they are permitted in the CL after much complaint from suite pax. they will be refused entyre if they are not with an adult though, or at least told to leave.

Thanks for the info. We are staying in a suite, but may just drop the kids off at Adventure Ocean and go ourselves for drinks. I do think we may go there with the kids at breakfast. My kids behaviour is a roller coaster, but that is the case for many 3 year olds.

children are still banned from the DL during cocktail hour. they are permitted in the CL after much complaint from suite pax. they will be refused entyre if they are not with an adult though, or at least told to leave.

Yes...and Darn those suite pax's...we appreciate the adults only in the DL during the cocktail hours and a reason why many prefer it over the CL ..and this is from a mother of 5 and grandmother of 6 and JMHO ;):)

I just got off the Oasis 2 weeks ago and I can verify children were not only in the Concierge lounge during happy hour, they were also in the diamond lounge during the same time period. I did not take mine to either location but the children who were there all behaved.

We are diamond plus and used the diamond lounge for the view rather than the CL on the Freedom. We noticed that our letter said that children were welcome in the diamond lounge. We asked the concierge and he seemed to confirm that. There were children in the lounge as you would expect, it's summer. They were all well behaved. I would guess there were some in the CL as well.

We are going in August on the enchantment and see what our letters say. Our son is diamond as are his children.

Yes...and Darn those suite pax's...we appreciate the adults only in the DL during the cocktail hours and a reason why many prefer it over the CL ..and this is from a mother of 5 and grandmother of 6 and JMHO ;):)

we are CFBC and sail in suites and did not appreciate the change either. especially since I specifically booked a suite due to the then policy. it was changed about 3 months before we sailed.

we are nowhere near Diamond so have to suck it up.

Every cruise we have taken for quite a while now has allowed children in the diamond lounge/diamond event during the cocktail hour. The letter in our stateroom also indicated they were welcome.

Every cruise we have taken for quite a while now has allowed children in the diamond lounge/diamond event during the cocktail hour. The letter in our stateroom also indicated they were welcome.

Really :confused: My last four recent cruises children have not been allowed in the DL during the cocktail hours...Seems like this is just another inconsistency RCI is famous for ;):)

Really :confused: My last four recent cruises children have not been allowed in the DL during the cocktail hours...Seems like this is just another inconsistency RCI is famous for ;):)

You are correct that inconsistency sometimes seems to be a hallmark of RCI but the new policy was quite clearly stated when it was first announced about two years ago. Perhaps some concierges believe that they are the final arbiters of who is and who is not permitted in the lounge, and while I don't completely agree with the new policy, any concierge who contradicts the company's policy should be reported and held accountable.

From the Crown and Anchor site question:

The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

If the children hold the right card that allows them in to the lounge then they have the right to be there. There is more the just alcohol being served in the lounge.

s.gif

From the Crown and Anchor site question:

The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

If the children hold the right card that allows them in to the lounge then they have the right to be there. There is more the just alcohol being served in the lounge.

s.gif

Thanks for posting this..but..no one is disputing the fact that (suite, D+ & PC members) children are allowed in the CL at any hour...It's the DL that RCI policy says their "not" during the cocktail hours..Unless that policy has recently changed. However it seems that some DL concierge's may be bending that policy at their discretion.

And I was on the Liberty in March and the Allure in February and on both, saw with my own eyes members being asked to leave the Diamond club when they entered with children during the evening social. For the Allure the event was held in the nightclub and Dexter would not allow them in. On the Liberty Oana, asked a man to have his drink on the outside deck because he had a son with him about 8 years old. Instead he left with his son. I saw them there for breakfast one morning and that was fine.

that is ship specific, because on the ones I have sailed I have heard plenty of comments about the fact that kids were not allowed during cocktail hour in the DL.. the vast majority preferred it that way.

the Concierge does have limited leeway to run their Lounge as they see fit.

while I (grudgingly) accept the POV from those families that sail in suites, I really don't understand why they are so adamant about it.. the kids are happily welcomed the other 20.5 hours of the day..

And I was on the Liberty in March and the Allure in February and on both, saw with my own eyes members being asked to leave the Diamond club when they entered with children during the evening social. For the Allure the event was held in the nightclub and Dexter would not allow them in. On the Liberty Oana, asked a man to have his drink on the outside deck because he had a son with him about 8 years old. Instead he left with his son. I saw them there for breakfast one morning and that was fine.

This is what is so crazy about RC's rules and policy! On our Allure cruise Dexter made a big fuss (pleasant and welcoming type fuss) to a family all dressed up for formal night - little boy in a tux and his sister in a very pretty dress; both under 10 or so; that was in the Blaze nightclub! There were kids there on other nights too.

Archived