“Live” from the "Enchantment of the Seas" July 19-26,2013 Back-2-Back

Mrfuninthesun and EMc&Drs.... We're flying out of O'hare bright and early Monday AM and joining you! Hoping to board around 1pm. Can't wait!! Looking forward to reading your posts over the weekend inbetween my packing :)

See you on Monday! Have a super flight! Thanks for following along during my first leg. :D

Let us know about the parking. I'm curious to how efficient they are in getting us there and whether you feel safe in the parking lot. We are planning on doing off-site parking for our Freedom cruise in October. We want to save the big bucks for our onboard drinking, oops, I mean purchases.:D

Almost there..shuttle time from the cheap parking.

Know most of you would already be on the ship. In most cases me too. Handing off my dog and a few last minute things delayed me this morning.

null_zpsfa224243.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

FYI--THE place to park is Park-Cruise on Merritt Island just before you get to the port. They take the luggage out of your car, put it on their bus, & unload it at the port. You never touch your luggage until it arrives in your room. They even unload your car in a hanger so you stay dry if it's raining. I think we paid $5 per day. You book a reservation in advance to guarantee your spot. We arrived there this morning at 10:15 and we were on the ship by 11:15.

Check in was a breeze took less than 10 minutes.

You all ready to walk on?

null_zpsb1e65ecf.jpg

My room on the first leg. Fortunately on the second leg of the trip I got the room next door. Not bad considering both these cruises were booked last minute and not at the same time.

null_zps6b99a6f4.jpg

null_zpsa3ae8f54.jpg

null_zps7b8b3752.jpg

null_zps8ed3e3ef.jpg

Water I brought on board. Plan to pick up more in Nassau for the 2nd leg.

null_zps44c16c8d.jpg

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Have fun and I will be following along wishing I could joining you in the Dining room or out on the deck for a drink.

Glad you made it aboard V! Hope all is well in the great North! One day we'll all be on a cruise together again! :-) Dinners certainly are never the same.

FYI--THE place to park is Park-Cruise on Merritt Island just before you get to the port. They take the luggage out of your car, put it on their bus, & unload it at the port. You never touch your luggage until it arrives in your room. They even unload your car in a hanger so you stay dry if it's raining. I think we paid $5 per day. You book a reservation in advance to guarantee your spot. We arrived there this morning at 10:15 and we were on the ship by 11:15.

Think that's the one I used. The one by Radisson. If you pre-pay its $3.95 or something like that a day. Pay the day of and it's a buck more.

No rain in sight for now. A little over cast with the sun popping every so often. Lots of folks taking advantage of the nice weather. Calypso music playing by the main pool.

Various images around deck

null_zpsa2f65950.jpg

null_zps85c5322d.jpg

null_zps4abf12ef.jpg

null_zpse07d5186.jpg

The new Big screen

null_zps3eeafc95.jpg

Workers hard at work keeping the ship looking good

null_zpsaaeb702a.jpg

So I got the soda package and the cup. The Freestyle Coke machine is pretty cool. A guy tried putting a regular cup up to it but learned pretty quickly our handy dandy little cups have a chip in them.

Had a nice lunch in the Windjammer. Had the mandatory first cruise day honey stung chicken, mash potatoes and some green beans.,

Weird - I see on the compass they list the top 3 cruisers. Those were the exact top three names they listed last week, but different from the July 5 sailing ( I was on) . I took note of the top 3 posted in the compass last week as the points for top three seemed unusually low. I wonder if those three are really on a B2B or just a repeat of info in print.

In any case -

Enjoy the cruises

M

Last chance to come aboard!

null_zpsdd9f2271.jpg

Muster drill is over and we'll be sailing away here shortly.

null_zpsfc26f4e9.jpg

Bing Bong Marc just went over all the common sense nonsense we all still generally see on cruises that people should never have to be told. But nonetheless it must be done and Marc did a great job and am sure lots of folks on board will be thankful that Marc made such common sense announcements of course with some humor.

Bing Bong...

Thanks for showing the compass for today. I noticed the Blue Lagoon Beach Break NS97 excursion. That looks like the excursion the hubbs and I would want to take. Just went to book it and its not available for my November sailing. Do you guys think its a new excursion and not posted online or is it just not available for our sail date.

Edited by newcruiser1573