“Live” from the "Enchantment of the Seas" July 19-26,2013 Back-2-Back

Good Morning!

Welcome to day three on Enchantment of the Seas!

Today we are in Coco Cay. First tender ashore was at 830, I'm heading to Coco Cay very shortly. Saturday night was a great night with the deck party and midnight buffet.

Todays Compass

null_zps5c872461.jpg

null_zps260001c0.jpg

null_zps02f17631.jpg

null_zps81377269.jpg

Todays going to be a great day of doing a whole lot of nothing in Coco Cay!

If you were in Coco Cay today, what would you do?

Thats it for now, time to get some food and then off to Coco Cay for some fun in the sun!

Till a later time, "Live" from the Enchantment of the Seas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Hello Coco Cay, my home for the next few hours...

null_zps05c31aee.jpg

Tender waiting

null_zps2f45166a.jpg

null_zpsa7aba0c2.jpg

null_zps39f9cc50.jpg

null_zpsf229759b.jpg

"Rush" hour to the island is between 1030-1100 so get on a tender before it after that. That is all for now I'm heading to the island.

Enjoy your day.

I would just relax on the beach and have a coco-loco (or two ;)). Snorkeling is in my DD's plans for our Coco Cay day.

I was wondering if they are doing the post cruise excursions in FL tomorrow?

My DD and I have a later flight in two weeks and when I tried to book last night I received an error that the excursions could not be booked. If they don't I am going to need to rent a car (which I am doing when we land).

Enjoy your day.

I would just relax on the beach and have a coco-loco (or two ;)). Snorkeling is in my DD's plans for our Coco Cay day.

I was wondering if they are doing the post cruise excursions in FL tomorrow?

My DD and I have a later flight in two weeks and when I tried to book last night I received an error that the excursions could not be booked. If they don't I am going to need to rent a car (which I am doing when we land).

OK, Please tell, what is a COCO-LOCO??

We have a post excursion booked for our trip - I believe I read somewhere the site was not working correctly and not able to book anything..

OK, Please tell, what is a COCO-LOCO??

We have a post excursion booked for our trip - I believe I read somewhere the site was not working correctly and not able to book anything..

Coco loco is one of Royal's exclusive drinks for their two private destinations. In Labadee it's a Labadoozie :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

A coco-loco is a frozen drink they sell in a plastic souvenir cup on the island.

It is kind-of like a pina-colada but has a slightly different flavor. They have the recipe on their web site (and in their old cookbook). My first RCCL cruise was a three night on the Sovereign of the Seas and a Coco Loco is a distinct part of that memory

Coco Loco - A CocoCay original It's easy to do a Coco Loco. Toss all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Then pour the potion into a cocktail glass and dress it up with a fresh wedge of pineapple. Yum! Now you can find this frosty treat in two places: CocoCay, Bahamas, our own private island, and at your next backyard barbecue.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Dark Rum (Or make it a virgin Coco Loco without the rum)

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

You can get them virgin or with alcohol.

Edited by vavasmom

Good Afternoon!

It's been a beautiful day here at Coco Cay. I made my way to the island around 9am and returned to the ship around 3. On my tender back to the ship we had a poor passenger that was with medical staff that had a bit to much "fun" today. Appears he may have hurt a foot or leg. Am sure later tonight a frozen concoction will help him a bit.

null_zps92f7df0f.jpg

Since I got to the island fairly early I opted to walk and check things out. Made my way to the West End, its so beautiful there. Tomorrow once its my sea day I'll upload more pictures from Coco Cay. After my walk I got a cooler of beer! Yum, I don't plan to drink it all on the island.

null_zpsf2b6bb8f.jpg

Once I had my beer I was in search of my home for the next few hours and chose this beautiful spot. One thing to note is during the time I sat there it started out like the pictures below looking so beautiful, then the tide went out.

null_zps0ee78f32.jpg

null_zps447df1b0.jpg

Just before 130 I decided I needed to recycle my Coronas and get some food before they closed the kitchen. Got some yummy barbecue. Live Caribbean music was playing in the center of the island which contained to set the tone for many cruisers to have a great day.

null_zpse678b24b.jpg

I had finally had enough heat and sun and made my way back to the ship. I'm so glad I don't have to exit the ship and go home tomorrow. I feel bad for all that will be but know there is another batch of cruisers bitting their nails in anticipation to get aboard the lovely Enchantment of the seas. This though is way I'm really not a fan of three day cruisers. Yesterday afternoon (Day2-3) and today is when most cruisers really begin to be relaxed and have a great comfort level to move about the ship. Then they have to get off the ship! :-)

Tomorrow will be an interesting day as my relaxation level is pretty high, yet in some ways it's still the "First" day of the cruise. In any event I'm glad I'm staying aboard.

null_zpsfc858cd2.jpg

That's it for now, time to watch us sail away from Coco Cay till I return on Tuesday! :-) Time to enjoy the rest of the evening around the ship.

Till a later time "Live" from the Enchantment of the Seas...

Good Afternoon!

I had finally had enough heat and sun and made my way back to the ship. I'm so glad I don't have to exit the ship and go home tomorrow. I feel bad for all that will be but know there is another batch of cruisers bitting their nails in anticipation to get aboard the lovely Enchantment of the seas. This though is way I'm really not a fan of three day cruisers. Yesterday afternoon (Day2-3) and today is when most cruisers really begin to be relaxed and have a great comfort level to move about the ship. Then they have to get off the ship! :-)

I've been reading and living vicariously through you for the past 2 days now. Great review! I am biting my nails as I write this LOL! My kids are beside themselves right now and counting down the hours till it's time to go to bed so we can get up early and head to the beautiful Enchantment tomorrow!! Keep up the good words :)

Good Afternoon!

Since I got to the island fairly early I opted to walk and check things out. Made my way to the West End, its so beautiful there. Tomorrow once its my sea day I'll upload more pictures from Coco Cay. After my walk I got a cooler of beer! Yum, I don't plan to drink it all on the island.

null_zpsf2b6bb8f.jpg

YAY! I wondered if they were still offering the cooler beer special. Is it buy 6 get 7??

Edited by 3dogmom

A coco-loco is a frozen drink they sell in a plastic souvenir cup on the island.

It is kind-of like a pina-colada but has a slightly different flavor. They have the recipe on their web site (and in their old cookbook). My first RCCL cruise was a three night on the Sovereign of the Seas and a Coco Loco is a distinct part of that memory

Coco Loco - A CocoCay original It's easy to do a Coco Loco. Toss all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Then pour the potion into a cocktail glass and dress it up with a fresh wedge of pineapple. Yum! Now you can find this frosty treat in two places: CocoCay, Bahamas, our own private island, and at your next backyard barbecue.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Dark Rum (Or make it a virgin Coco Loco without the rum)

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

You can get them virgin or with alcohol.

Sounds so good. Thanks for posting.. I will be sure to try one if I make it to Coco Cay...

Thanks so much for posting about your experience and the fantastic pictures. We are booked on Enchantment for four days on 10/21 - we will celebrate both my 80th birthday and our 60th anniversary while on board.

We last traveled on the original shorter Enchantment for 7 days on 10/21/01 out of Fort Lauderdale, but now that we're driving from central Florida instead of flying in from up north, we pretty much stick to Tampa and Port Canaveral. One memory that sticks in our minds about our last sailing on Enchantment is that it was so soon after 9/11 that they really weren't sure how to handle security. They did a good job, but we remember police and Coast Guard boats circling (or really semi-circling) our ship before we embarked.

I checked out the menus from postings here but would appreciate your letting us know what your 4th menu is on the 2nd leg of your B2B. Also I have a couple of questions about the Solarium. I've read that it's unbearably hot if they don't open the ceiling - please let us know if they're opening it now and if it's comfortable. We don't feel anywhere our age, but sometimes the noise on the pool deck is more than we enjoy, so we hang out in the solarium. We're also looking forward to the Park Café, which is there.

This will be our 18th cruise on RCI and we have a cruise booked on Freedom on 12/15. It will be our 4th cruise on Freedom - we chose it because we'll go into San Juan, which we haven't visited for many years.

Keep your info and pictures coming - you are doing all of us with future bookings a service by helping us enjoy our cruise vicariously through you ahead of time!

Good Evening Virtual Cruisers!

As I noted before today was a wonderful day in Coco Cay. Mr. Funinthesun didn't get sun burned so that's always a good thing.

We left Coco Cay just a few minutes before 5pm as we trek our way toward Port Canaveral at about 17 knots.

Bye Bye Coco Cay, see you again on Tuesday.

null_zps81746d50.jpg

I have to laugh at the pop up on the fountain machines. "You get unlimited refills until August 2, 2013". That's a long was off from a cruise that's from July 19-22. Must be how they order their cups so that a year from now said passenger can't use it again.

null_zpsc6c15bb8.jpg

Tonight's menu...

null_zpsef8729c7.jpg

My note from the ship on the change over between the two cruises. Assume other ships follow a similar process.

null_zpse2da4dba.jpg

null_zps861c0ee0.jpg

The sound of the ocean sitting out side deck five tonight is so relaxing. Cruising and these sounds and the motion never get old. I'm so glad I've got a few more days to sail.

null_zpsd56ddba9.jpg

Tomorrow will be a fun day and I expect to get caught up on posting some pictures with my phones data since we'll be in port till after 4. I was asked about my Internet use and my usage if free Internet. This cruise I kind of went the cheap route because the first leg was only a three day and we were in Nassau for such a long time period that I could use "Free" Internet at pier welcome center and then places such as McDonalds. Think I only got the 25.00 plan and I'll have to look at how many minutes that was, but I was not many. I also had a 10.00 credit placed on my account from the C&A booklet. Some reason it was 10 when it should have been 5, hope they don't catch it. After this post I'll be over my 25 minutes and will be $.75 per minutes. It's not worth getting another plan as unused time won't roll from one cruise to another from what I understand. I generally try to do as much offline prep to my postings as I can to use the least amount of minutes each time I log in and put up a post. I scan quickly if there may be a question and answer or see that someone else got it answered which is nice. Thanks to those stepping in if you know the answer. I try to find the six pictures to go along with what said topic may be or what's happening around the ship. Other times when I can I data dump a load if pictures to go along with past goings on.

Tomorrow night I'll get a larger Internet package and all will be well again. Thank you all that are following along. Again as I type this the sound of the waves are so peaceful. My next post will be tomorrow morning from Port Canaveral with daily Compass as usual. I'm excited to remain on the ship tomorrow.

uote=MrFunInTheSun;39222732]Good Afternoon!

Just before 130 I decided I needed to recycle my Coronas and get some food before they closed the kitchen. Got some yummy barbecue. Live Caribbean music was playing in the center of the island which contained to set the tone for many cruisers to have a great day.

Is the cooler of beer only available at Coco Cay ? How much does it cost? Sounds like you are having a great time. I can't wait to go... Thanks for all the info

Turn around day! This was one of my favorite days on my last b2b, because for a full hour + there are no guest on the ship! I know you will enjoy!

Also, thank you for the wonderful photo's of the schooner bar! I think I sail on her again soon! She looks outstanding!

I am curious about your cabin change experience today. Did the stateroom attendant assist you? Did you have to do it all yourself?

Your review is Great btw!

-Michael

Edited by mpoole3

Ocean view handicap accessible room. Deck 4

null_zps4407b919.jpg

Ocean view

null_zps0896898a.jpg

null_zpsd907ec46.jpg

Zones being called on the touch screens

null_zpscb89c46e.jpg

Folks getting one last meal in

null_zpsd998e335.jpg

Good Morning!

Welcome to day four, day one! :-)

Today's Compass

null_zps487a1284.jpg

null_zps25db47bb.jpg

null_zps09a759bd.jpg

null_zps2f258d12.jpg

Just had breakfast in the Windjammer will make my way to the B2B meeting spot then head to the solarium for a while for "our" sea day. :-)

My stuff is packed in my room for my steward to move to the room right next door. I'll post more pictures throughout the day of Coco Cay and other misc ship life.

Thanks so much for spending so much of your time to let us, land locked, enjoy a virtual cruise. I'll be on board the Enchantment for Labor Day and reading your post has really increased my excitement. Thanks again, you've made my Monday tolerable.

Folks leaving the ship

null_zps8697726d.jpg

Last minute people in line with guest services

null_zps4bdb9a58.jpg

Getting things ready for the next cruise and lunch on the lido deck

null_zps4c604796.jpg

null_zps8697bd0b.jpg