“Live” from the "Enchantment of the Seas" July 19-26,2013 Back-2-Back

It's a beautiful day here at Coco Cay. As my room steward from Jamaica said are you ready to do road, we don't say streets.

So why yes, I'm ready to do road

null_zpsa6963c79.jpg

Tender taking folks to the island

null_zpsf51adf88.jpg

Such a beautiful day.

null_zpsed79301e.jpg

null_zps722a996b.jpg

I'm off to the island.

Till a later time "Live" from the Enchantment of the seas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Good Afternoon!

What a beautiful day it was at Coco Cay, in fact it was more beautiful today than it was on Sunday. This was now my forth time to this island and I've been one time to Carnivals Half Moon Cay and I have to say I much prefer this island. Norwegian Gem was anchored just off their private island today.

Today I did much like I did on Sunday I got my cardio on and made my way to the West End. If you want privacy, quiet and seclusion then that is where you need to go.

null_zpse81c05cc.jpg

They had a wedding here at the point yesterday. At first I thought it might be today and folks from our ship but I asked two workers and they said it was yesterday. Not sure which ship was here yesterday.

null_zps094eeac4.jpg

On my way back I went down what is the last road on the left before the point and West End by the Wishing Well.

null_zpsa0dee7dc.jpg

What another beautiful peaceful and secluded spot. Only thing that I was missing was my Coco Loco, fortunately I had some water with me to hold me over.

null_zpsa0a8e122.jpg

Isn't this spot beautiful. Other than the glass bottom boat that was in the waters in front I sat here without interruption until around 11:40 when the kayaker adventure stopped by. There were also a few straggler walkers that occasionally walked by.

After enjoying my surroundings for quite awhile I made my way back to where more activity was going on the island, got my Coco Loco and found this great spot to enjoy more of the island.

null_zpsa89a78e0.jpg

All good things must come to an end and made my way back to the ship.

null_zps2d5fe0ad.jpg

Till a later time "Live" from the Enchantment of the Seas...

Coco Cay. Tuesday

null_zps81bdbd70.jpg

null_zps4631a15d.jpg

null_zps5b67976e.jpg

null_zps02082515.jpg

null_zps2f3e40ff.jpg

null_zps3eabc3c2.jpg

We are about to be on our way as we slowly make our way to Nassau.

Till a later time "Live" from the Enchantment of the seas...

Really enjoying your review.

I will be there end of February and since I do not want to rent a cabana on CocoCay , is there enough lounge chairs for everybody and are there umbrellas. Do we have to rent these or are they for everyone.

Thanks.

Good Afternoon!

What a beautiful day it was at Coco Cay, in fact it was more beautiful today than it was on Sunday. This was now my forth time to this island and I've been one time to Carnivals Half Moon Cay and I have to say I much prefer this island. Norwegian Gem was anchored just off their private island today.

What another beautiful peaceful and secluded spot. Only thing that I was missing was my Coco Loco, fortunately I had some water with me to hold me over.

null_zpsa0a8e122.jpg

Isn't this spot beautiful. Other than the glass bottom boat that was in the waters in front I sat here without interruption until around 11:40 when the kayaker adventure stopped by. There were also a few straggler walkers that occasionally walked by.

Beautiful spot.. do you have to pay to rent those umbrellas? Also, question about the beer cooler. How much is it? How much for refills? Can you get any kind of beer or does it only come with certain kind.. Did you do any snorkeling? Thanks so much for all the info

We will be on the 4 night in October and I am wondering how formal people are in the MDR. We did not plan on packing a suit for my husband, just dress shirt and pants. Would he look out of place? Trying to make the trip with 2 carryons and not any extra space.

Love all the pics and info. Thank you soooooo much for this!

Really enjoying your review.

I will be there end of February and since I do not want to rent a cabana on CocoCay , is there enough lounge chairs for everybody and are there umbrellas. Do we have to rent these or are they for everyone.

Thanks.

There are enough lounge chairs, but umbrellas must be rented. Can't recall the price offhand.

awesome review and fantastic photos.

just one question, we loved Park Café on Allure and was wondering, is it open on the first day? We are so looking forward to the fantastic roast beef sandwich and the wonderful salads, want to head there as soon as we board if its open.

thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with all of us!

Good Evening!

Enchantment of the Seas has been lively as we left Coco Cay pushing our way toward Nassau at 7 knots. Tonight is "Elegant" night and most cruisers are somewhat guessed up. I had planned on eating in the dining room but then elected to eat in the Windjammer as I really didn't feel like putting pants on and ditching the tee shirt. I like how you can basically have the same meal in the Windjammer that's served in the dinning room but with the ability mixing things up some.

Tonight's Menu

null_zps420fcecf.jpg

Bing Bong made mention of like 400 Brazilians on the ship for some certain event. Believe it must be about that many high school girls from Brazil and they were doing some type of photo shoot on Coco Cay. During my walk along the shoreline I ran into some of them having their picture taking against a palm tree with of course the beautiful ocean blue in the back ground.

null_zps2c4bf4fb.jpg

After getting back on the ship I may have taken a nap. After sail away I walked about the ship some and listened to some of the live music in the Centrum which was very good. Later went and sat out on deck in the sun and I may or may not have falling asleep in a deck chair.

Tonight was the captains celebration and parade of flags. I didn't take pictures as its not much different than the ones I posted Saturday night.

Just before the Captains Celebration tonight Mr. Grumpy pants here got his panties all in a twist over some kids that really were being good. The mom even apologized to him because he was so displeased and he still continued to be super grumpy. Another couple came over not long after and stood to the left of him against the railing with their three kids and gave them nasty glares too. Think he needs a drink or two and chill. Life's to short to let such petty things get one all riled up. Hate to see how he'd be if a kid was really acting up. Give kudos to the mom handling the situation well.

null_zps296237e3.jpg

Where I sat on Sunday, the tide was in all day today. At the time I took this picture on Sunday it didn't still look as beautiful as this.

null_zpsd3a9bcd6.jpg

Tonight's towel animal. The first and last night it seems they do not do towel animals. That was my experience on the cruise before this and on the Jewel in April.

null_zps7ceeba48.jpg

Tonight ought to be somewhat a late night, especially since I may or may not have had a nap or two or three. :-)

Well off to have more fun around the ship.

My only three cruises have all been on Enchantment out of Baltimore, so it's great to see her again in pictures.

Apologies if I scrolled past it--the 'high speed internet' here in this hotel is not so high--but if you get a chance could you snap some pix of the bungee trampoline and the curtain in the Orpheum Theater? We usually sat off to the left so I only ever read that half of the verse.

Thanks for the great live thread.

I'm interested in the Royal Tots nursery. Not sure if they let you in without having kids, but curious on the set up for my friend who is sailing with me.

The nursery was pretty small. 3 fisher price toys: door, ball toy, and one other. I think a separate little area for cribs. Tv playing a movie in this area as well. We didn't have our kids with but went to check it out briefly. Hope that helps.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Again great "live from" thread. Too bad you have to depart Friday. Makes me almost want to book a cruise this weekend myself just because I won't be able to "be on" the Enchantment after a week. Enjoy your day in Nassau.

Are you going to go to the "grand opening" of Fat Tuesdays today? :)

Again great "live from" thread. Too bad you have to depart Friday. Makes me almost want to book a cruise this weekend myself just because I won't be able to "be on" the Enchantment after a week. Enjoy your day in Nassau.

Are you going to go to the "grand opening" of Fat Tuesdays today? :)

At least we know we will get a lot of pictures today since he has a free hotspot in Nassau!!

I've already started looking for a Enchantment cruise for Labor day holiday, because of this thread! :D

Good Morning!

Welcome to Day 6, Day 3 "Live" from the Enchantment of the Seas.

Tuesday night was a great night with a great vibe around the ship starting with the 70's show in the Centrum moving to the show in the theater. I did not stay for the entire show as I'm not a big show person but it wasn't to bad. Made my way for another great walk around the ship on deck 10. The seas were smooth and the moon was amazing. Traveling at 7 knots though almost feels we are not moving at all though. Made my way to the Viking Crown Lounge for a bit before calling it a night and one final walk around on the upper deck.

Day 3 Compass.

null_zps706512b9.jpg

null_zpsd513e565.jpg

null_zps6a28b9c4.jpg

null_zpsac22b5c5.jpg

null_zps47283c27.jpg

null_zps258e720b.jpg

Today we docked in Nassau around 7am. I slept right thru just as any good cruiser should do at such an early hour.

Today I'm not really sure what I'll be doing. I'm thinking I'll walk around a bit again but this time take the water taxi to Paradise Island and walk around Atlantis a bit then head back to the ship. We shall see, the joy of no agenda.

That's all for now.

It's a beautiful morning here in Nassau. Time to get off the ship and see what adventures bring. I may take a bus to the opposite side of the island and will of course make the grand opening of Fat Tuesdays.

null_zps53e59844.jpg

null_zpscf0acbee.jpg

Placing stuff into the ship

null_zpsf4beb2a9.jpg

Fascination is our dock mate today

null_zps19b5b2b8.jpg

I always joked that I would go to another ships picturing take crew if they were leaving the ship the same time as us. Today I did that. Hot my picture taking where that lady is in this picture behind the wheel. My picture will now be on the Carnival Fascination. I've got very few to none on the Enchantment.

null_zps23be5fd0.jpg

Enchantment looking beautiful

null_zps5f189002.jpg

We've got three ships in port with us today. Carnival Fascination, Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Sky so far. Port is hopping compared to on Saturday.

null_zps8a7a29a5.jpg

null_zps5b66cfd6.jpg

null_zpse1c3de35.jpg

null_zps31e2ebec.jpg

null_zps0cd8c394.jpg

Festival Place has there own pet.

Looks pretty healthy so he's cared for. I've named him "Oscar" if you see him in your visits here day hi.

null_zpseae3e39d.jpg

null_zpsbe758226.jpg

Alright sea goers that's all for now. Lets see where I land today. Hopefully find some things or places I've never been or done before here. All aboard is 11:30pm. As a side note my free wifi access within Festival Place is much better than it was on Saturday.