Included fine wines and spirits

Mark_K

Great episode!

We're away for nearly three weeks but they're all programmed for the Slingbox plus we have all back episdoes of Mrs Browns Boys ... and all Father Ted ... one never tires it seems.

Have a wonderful time in Singapore. When do you depart these shores?

I can't watch Mrs Brown's Boys, I'm a bit too stuffy and prudish, it's quite near the knuckle sometimes. :eek: But Father Ted is excellent.

Have a wonderful time in Singapore. When do you depart these shores?

I can't watch Mrs Brown's Boys, I'm a bit too stuffy and prudish, it's quite near the knuckle sometimes. :eek: But Father Ted is excellent.

Thanks for the good wishes. I managed to change us from the 777 to the Jumbo tomorrow with our favourite seats. We're still besotted with the 744 and really not looking forward to their withdrawal. Our last flight (Feb) was T3 but now they've moved it to T5 it will be our first time in the Concorde Room rather than the dire Galleries First in T3. Looking forward to the LPGS. Still can't complain after the last flights they gave us 200,000 miles back so they are stars.

I so much love Mrs Brown. Works on so many levels. Lovely family business as well. How do they keep a straight ace with dad dressed up like that?:D

I don't know what we'd do for that length of time without the Slingboxes and Sky and the Humax boxes. Do you use this stuff when you travel?

Actually ... I know this is a cheek but would you mind looking up-thread at the BA wine menu and telling me which ones you'd go for? Obviously I can try them all but I don't intend to.:)

I've looked at the menu and I'm thinking of a scallops starter with salad and truffle dressing with roast breast of Guinea fowl boulangere pots baby leeks and brocolli florets to follow. The have Mr Homard as a main course and when they have taken all the orders I may see if I can substitute that as a starter. Their descriptions are a bit more florid than mine.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Actually ... I know this is a cheek but would you mind looking up-thread at the BA wine menu and telling me which ones you'd go for? Obviously I can try them all but I don't intend to.:)

While we wait for Mr L to cast his eye over said wine list and come back with his advice, I want to chuck this one into the ring.

Have a little sip of all of them!

Do BA still place all the wine bottles on a little table at the front of the cabin? (It's been 8 years since I flew in F with them, sadly:().

Thanks for the good wishes. I managed to change us from the 777 to the Jumbo tomorrow with our favourite seats. We're still besotted with the 744 and really not looking forward to their withdrawal. Our last flight (Feb) was T3 but now they've moved it to T5 it will be our first time in the Concorde Room rather than the dire Galleries First in T3. Looking forward to the LPGS. Still can't complain after the last flights they gave us 200,000 miles back so they are stars.

I so much love Mrs Brown. Works on so many levels. Lovely family business as well. How do they keep a straight ace with dad dressed up like that?:D

I don't know what we'd do for that length of time without the Slingboxes and Sky and the Humax boxes. Do you use this stuff when you travel?

T3 is horrible, we did a BA shorthaul from there a couple of years ago. I think they've moved everything to T5 now?

I tend not to watch a lot of TV except when I'm at 'home' in England. My presence here at the moment has been caused by some family issues - nothing serious thankfully. Most of my time is spent in France, and the tv there has improved a lot in the last 5 years, but not the comedy. Plus my French still isn't up to par.

I tend to download as many BBC programmes as I can to iPad while I'm here, then watch them when I'm over t'other side of the Channel.

I don't think I know what a Humax box is?

While we wait for Mr L to cast his eye over said wine list and come back with his advice, I want to chuck this one into the ring.

Have a little sip of all of them!

Do BA still place all the wine bottles on a little table at the front of the cabin? (It's been 8 years since I flew in F with them, sadly:().

The table is only on the 744 not the 777 and they sometimes put some spirits and wine (red) there after lights down. But to be honest on the flight to SIN apart from a short doze we largely keep awake and spend some time in the galley chatting. I have had some really great conversations during those hours including one of the most wonderful questions from a French CC lady. "'Ow long after you met your wife was the conception of your eldest son" ( :eek: )

I've looked at the menu and I'm thinking of a scallops starter with salad and truffle dressing with roast breast of Guinea fowl boulangere pots baby leeks and brocolli florets to follow. The have Mr Homard as a main course and when they have taken all the orders I may see if I can substitute that as a starter. Their descriptions are a bit more florid than mine.

Any thoughts appreciated.

i would start with the Grand Siecle to get the mouth watered then the Mount Horrocks Riesling with the Scallops followed by the Clos des Ormes with the Guinea Fowl.

if you are to have the lobster then either stick with the Champagne or I would go for the Chablis.

Life is good

Got to scrub up now as we are off out to lunch at a little Michelin starred gaff in Tunbridge Wells.

T3 is horrible, we did a BA shorthaul from there a couple of years ago. I think they've moved everything to T5 now?

I tend not to watch a lot of TV except when I'm at 'home' in England. My presence here at the moment has been caused by some family issues - nothing serious thankfully. Most of my time is spent in France, and the tv there has improved a lot in the last 5 years, but not the comedy. Plus my French still isn't up to par.

I tend to download as many BBC programmes as I can to iPad while I'm here, then watch them when I'm over t'other side of the Channel.

I don't think I know what a Humax box is?

All SIN and SYD has moved from T3 to T5. Vienna a couple of weeks back is still T3 and bussing. Horrible.

Sorry to hear of the away from home issues. Must be tough. Use to work in Paris one night a week and the to-ing and fro-ing for a few hours was 'orrible. Nearly married a lovely French girl though. :eek: You would have heard of her if you are of a certain age .... Close run thing ....;)

If you have a Slingbox you can record stuff off of sky and other recorders (including the Humax) and watch them anywhere in the world on your ipad or PC. You can also watch live TV circumventing licensing probs. You control the boxes as though you were at home - all connected via the interweb. In fact we connect the Ipad to the flatscreen TV and watch them as though we're at home.

You can use a freesat or sky tuner in France can't you?

i would start with the Grand Siecle to get the mouth watered then the Mount Horrocks Riesling with the Scallops followed by the Clos des Ormes with the Guinea Fowl.

if you are to have the lobster then either stick with the Champagne or I would go for the Chablis.

Life is good

Got to scrub up now as we are off out to lunch at a little Michelin starred gaff in Tunbridge Wells.

Many thanks.

Thackerays?

The table is only on the 744 not the 777 and they sometimes put some spirits and wine (red) there after lights down. But to be honest on the flight to SIN apart from a short doze we largely keep awake and spend some time in the galley chatting. I have had some really great conversations during those hours including one of the most wonderful questions from a French CC lady. "'Ow long after you met your wife was the conception of your eldest son" ( :eek: )

I do hope that wasn't my mother in law! :eek:

All SIN and SYD has moved from T3 to T5. Vienna a couple of weeks back is still T3 and bussing. Horrible.

Sorry to hear of the away from home issues. Must be tough. Use to work in Paris one night a week and the to-ing and fro-ing for a few hours was 'orrible. Nearly married a lovely French girl though. :eek: You would have heard of her if you are of a certain age .... Close run thing ....;)

If you have a Slingbox you can record stuff off of sky and other recorders (including the Humax) and watch them anywhere in the world on your ipad or PC. You can also watch live TV circumventing licensing probs. You control the boxes as though you were at home - all connected via the interweb. In fact we connect the Ipad to the flatscreen TV and watch them as though we're at home.

You can use a freesat or sky tuner in France can't you?

Never marry a 'furriner' ! ;) I married what seemed to be a nice French boy and look at me now - serious liver rot and a penchant for homard - we're best sticking to our own kind :D

Of course I'm intrigued now as to who your French girl is....

I shall look into the Slingbox, it sounds exactly what I need.

Yes we can have Sky - backdoor version - in France.

Never marry a 'furriner' ! ;) I married what seemed to be a nice French boy and look at me now - serious liver rot and a penchant for homard - we're best sticking to our own kind :D

Of course I'm intrigued now as to who your French girl is....

I shall look into the Slingbox, it sounds exactly what I need.

Yes we can have Sky - backdoor version - in France.

You must try the slingbox ... both the standard slingbox pro hd and the echostar box - we use both and I know I shouldn't praise them justb efore we go .... tempting fate.

Re les froggess - I was batting way above my wheight in those days and she was an iconic French singer - and as you know they often only sing in French although I met her when she was trying to launch herself in blighty. So many of the singers that every French person knows - no one outside does. I had the club, played records (that was how we met) and did a bit of A&Ring. Hint: ;) Outside of France the main record she is known for is singing the song that was the them (with a better looking chap than me) for the film Un homme et une femme. You may remember the film? In mitigation her age varies depending on what you read - but she was around 20 years older than me when we met ... or so I believed .... Hint initials NC not the other one ...

She is an extraordinary talent and if you are interested in such things you should listen to some of her music. I recently met a singer called Stacey Kent who is also an amazing talent and she tells me the lady in question was a major influence over her music.

I hope this doesn't start some of that nasty love stuff I seem to generate .... :)

I hope this doesn't start some of that nasty love stuff I seem to generate .... :)

Please take care, there was a guy with the soubriquet Uk1 who used to post on CC. Almost as knowledgeable as you and with a remarkably similar sense of humour.

Allegedly he lived within 20 miles of Winchester and was occasionally seen at Bucklers Hard. He disappeared from these boards in seemingly mysterious circumstances circa early 2007. So please watch your back;

BTW do you think Mr Luxury knows of him?:)

Now about these wines and spirits on Silversea. Anyone have a list of the freepour spirits?

Thanks in advance.

Please take care, there was a guy with the soubriquet Uk1 who used to post on CC. Almost as knowledgeable as you and with a remarkably similar sense of humour.

Allegedly he lived within 20 miles of Winchester and was occasionally seen at Bucklers Hard. He disappeared from these boards in seemingly mysterious circumstances circa early 2007. So please watch your back;

BTW do you think Mr Luxury knows of him?:)

Now about these wines and spirits on Silversea. Anyone have a list of the freepour spirits?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks. There isn't a problem I believe in that I think Host Dan tumbled that relationship straight away and as soon as I arrived recently etc and he is a forgiving chap. There was a wink involved. So best behaviour.

Oddly in coming back I realised that a lady that use to post - Denyse - is sadly no longer here after some illness. Really sad to read of it. She was kind enough to make contact and say how much I had amused her and made her laugh and we exchanged notes for some time. It's lovely to be able to make people smile. We talked of her illness but it was still a shock when I looked back and saw what was said about her. She was loved. If it's possible to really like someone you don't know face to face - she was it.

I think you're testing what was said on the earlier fragrant love posts that suggested that Luxury and me are the same thing because we posted at roughly the same time - his words. It's a bit of a lovely idea that tantalises my fun buds but I think what that lovely person didn't really understand is that us lot over this side get up at the same time and it's natural that we may congegate at the same time. There are differences. He has more taste than me - eats at better places - and I have the very much more finely honed ability to irritate. He may have been around back then ... there was also Lord of The Seas - "John?" who I know (or believe from recall) worked with a PM. Lot's of daft things were suggested that are best forgotten in that little bit of love-fest from across the oceans.

I do so hope you get these bleedin' lists Marlene to stop all this earache.

Stick with the Gin. Can't go wrong with Gin.

Jeff

Hi,

Thanks. There isn't a problem I believe in that I think Host Dan tumbled that relationship straight away and as soon as I arrived recently etc and he is a forgiving chap. There was a wink involved. So best behaviour.

Oddly in coming back I realised that a lady that use to post - Denyse - is sadly no longer here after some illness. Really sad to read of it. She was kind enough to make contact and say how much I had amused her and made her laugh and we exchanged notes for some time. It's lovely to be able to make people smile. We talked of her illness but it was still a shock when I looked back and saw what was said about her. She was loved. If it's possible to really like someone you don't know face to face - she was it.

I think you're testing what was said on the earlier fragrant love posts that suggested that Luxury and me are the same thing because we posted at roughly the same time - his words. It's a bit of a lovely idea that tantalises my fun buds but I think what that lovely person didn't really understand is that us lot over this side get up at the same time and it's natural that we may congegate at the same time. There are differences. He has more taste than me - eats at better places - and I have the very much more finely honed ability to irritate. He may have been around back then ... there was also Lord of The Seas - "John?" who I know (or believe from recall) worked with a PM. Lot's of daft things were suggested that are best forgotten in that little bit of love-fest from across the oceans.

I do so hope you get these bleedin' lists Marlene to stop all this earache.

Stick with the Gin. Can't go wrong with Gin.

Jeff

Yes, elementary my dear Watson. Sherlock can now go back into retirement;) Although it was fun to sleuth again.

Happy to stick with gin so long as it is Bombay Sapphire. I am pretty confident that will be available on my cruise. I do hope also that there will be Belvedere, Carchaca ( for a Caipirinha or three), Macallan ( the Rolls Royce of Malts - happy to debate ) and a shot or two of Pere Magloire to keep the missus happy ( easily pleased - not).

Anyone know if these spirits are current free pours on Silversea? And is there anything to be recommended from the top shelf.?

Firmly back on topic.

Just returned from a wonderful lunch at Thakerays.

The food was faultless and Gary Beach the G.M has just returned after working elsewhere and it is good to see him again.

Ballotine of foie gras to start and 28 day aged beef from Herefordshire and to finish a lovely selection of cheese with an apple chutney that was the best that I have ever had.

I had a wine to start that was truly memorable, Broglia Gavi di Gavi "La Meirana"

Jeff you will love this and I urge all of you to seek it out and try it.

Just a glass of Argentinian Malbec to go with the beef and still water so that I can drive straight.

Home now and tea is on the go.

Jeff have a lovely time away,I am off on the 15th to Chevre D'or to overnight before boarding the Seabourn Legend for twenty nights

It's a tough gig but someones got to do it ;)

Sounds like a lovely meal! Was it a Sunday Roast?

Take it Eze and enjoy that trip! You'll be all 'toffed up' and i'll be sataying on the streets! Plus ca change del boy.

Jeff

ps bad light has stopped play ....

Three courses for £28.95

Swede and carrot mashed together and a portion of jersey royals with tarragon a potato tower thingy and thickish gravy.Very rare beef.

Lovely jubbly

Three courses for £28.95

Suede and carrot mashed together and a portion of jersey royals with tarragon a potato tower thingy and thickish gravy.Very rare beef.

Lovely jubbly

BARGIN init!?

Personal, don't do suede .... prefer nice shiny bit of patent meself! Oh ...SWEDE! Got it!

I guess you're just upastairs and me a workin' lad from darnstairs!

Can't wait for my first bowl of pho and some Char Kway Teow and some Wanton Mee and our first Steam Boat and some Rojak and a bit of Hokkien Mee ... perhaps a small bowl of ..... :D

I'll just 'ave to suffer on the streets whilst you lot are all penguined up!

We are all lucky bunnies in the overall scheme of things ...

Jeff

BARGIN init!?

Personal, don't do suede .... prefer nice shiny bit of patent meself! Oh ...SWEDE! Got it!

I guess you're just upastairs and me a workin' lad from darnstairs!

Can't wait for my first bowl of pho and some Char Kway Teow and some Wanton Mee and our first Steam Boat and some Rojak and a bit of Hokkien Mee ... perhaps a small bowl of ..... :D

I'll just 'ave to suffer on the streets whilst you lot are all penguined up!

We are all lucky bunnies in the overall scheme of things ...

Jeff

I'd be just as happy having pho and livin' like an urchin.

It's all pot noodles to me.

Archived