Included fine wines and spirits

Mark_K

I fear this thread is in danger of straying "off topic".

Time to get back to fine wines.

So, whine, whine, whine.....

Come on guys, surely someone must know something about what wines are currently being offered for "free pour" by Silversea. It would be very helpful to know.

Unless of course this is another Silversea State Secret.:rolleyes:

I fear this thread is in danger of straying "off topic".

Time to get back to fine wines.

So, whine, whine, whine.....

Come on guys, surely someone must know something about what wines are currently being offered for "free pour" by Silversea. It would be very helpful to know.

Unless of course this is another Silversea State Secret.:rolleyes:

'old on a second Marlene,

orf topic it may be. But you 'elped with all this talk of of bleeding Bredon going down the tubes and everyfink. Mon Deutz!

I 'ope for you that one of these peeple 'ere 'ooh claim to be on one of these ships actually are on one and post the listand stop all this earache. At the moment it seems pretty kwiet for all these toffs 'ooh claim they just come 'orf one.

Your obedient servant,

Rodney Trotter

Peckham

:)

orf topic it may be. But you 'elped with all this talk of of bleeding Bredon going down the tubes and everyfink. Mon Deutz!

I 'ope for you that one of these peeple 'ere 'ooh claim to be on one of these ships actually are on one and post the listand stop all this earache. At the moment it seems pretty kwiet for all these toffs 'ooh claim they just come 'orf one.

Your obedient servant,

Rodney Trotter

Peckham

Now that's funny:D.

Cheers

Julie

I remember Bogle Chardonnay. It retails on the East Coast for about $9 a bottle. It is oaky, and I enjoyed it. There was also an Italian Rose which was fine.

These are not great wines, but certainly passable for "table wines" at lunch.

Your obedient servant,

Rodney Trotter

Peckham

Ang abart Rodders, me unkle Albert sez it wos u wot started it wot wivall yore goings on abawt dat toffs staw Weyroze and ther fizzy plonk. Its u wots the plonker. Even Raquel has Welched on u - just arsk Cassandra who nows a thing or two. All I wos dwing wos trieing to Trigger a response from the Boysies out ther. Goin to av to arsk Robin my Reliant T/A wot he nose.

Yawz

Delboy

Pickham

I remember Bogle Chardonnay. It retails on the East Coast for about $9 a bottle. It is oaky, and I enjoyed it. There was also an Italian Rose which was fine.

These are not great wines, but certainly passable for "table wines" at lunch.

Thanks.

I bought the Bogle when we were in Florida last December. Yes I agree it was certainly passable - especially sitting by the pool in the sun ( a rare treat for we Brits at that time of the year!). I think I paid about $11.

Cheers

Ang abart Rodders, me unkle Albert sez it wos u wot started it wot wivall yore goings on abawt dat toffs staw Weyroze and ther fizzy plonk. Its u wots the plonker. Even Raquel has Welched on u - just arsk Cassandra who nows a thing or two. All I wos dwing wos trieing to Trigger a response from the Boysies out ther. Goin to av to arsk Robin my Reliant T/A wot he nose.

Yawz

Delboy

Pickham

Doze boyz - dont no nuffink Delboy!!! Day ant cruzin Delboy?! Day dont excyst. Day sunq.

An I amit it. Dun to rites. I am a plonker. I NOSE it! But I am at least tryin. Least that's wot Cassandra sez. She woz veri partqlar. VERY tryin she sed.

Anyway. Doize boze. Beer blokes - orl ov em. Pal Al ladz. Dont no nuffink.

By the by. If you dan the Hi Stret next wek, got some big matchew meluns on special. 5 a quid. Big yeller fings. No pips.

C yer.

We'll be in the Galapagos- hot and humid and not fine wine country.Wonder if they would supply me with a nice Portuguese green wine? Light, tiny bit sparkly, and pleasant to drink in the tropics. And cheap. One or two good reds for a nice dinner, and some green wine and I will be a happy (and headache free) camper.

Not so bad here in Colorado!

RachelG- you still thinking of the Galapagos? Come on the 15th of Feb and we can go around the ship drinking vino verde and not using hand sanitizer. We are most likely going to go ahead with our cruise (changing it at this point is SUCH a pain) figuring that food is not the top of the list for what we want for the Galapagos. We will have lots of Pepto and Cipro and ginger.

Galapagos is still on the slate, but not till 2015. Too much other stuff in 2014--we are trying out Oceania in the Caribbean, doing a land trip to china, silversea explorer to Japan, and using our big cruise credit for our cancelled regent cruise on one in the Med.

I have not encountered vino verde on a cruise ship. Will look forward to hearing your reports.

I have not encountered vino verde on a cruise ship.

Then you have been fortunate or smart( or both) in choosing your cruise line.

At the risk of being considered a pedant may I slightly correct the name - it should be Vinho Verde. The wine comes from the Minho area in northern Portugal.

The accent is on the nho in Vinho as in oh nho.:eek:

Slightly petillant ( some say petulent, others pestilent) , it can be found in opaque bottles used to disguise the sediment produced by malolactic fermentation in the bottle ( hence the bubbles).

A"green" wine designed to be drunk young and well chilled, it benefits immensely from lots of sun ( on your back).

Actually, I quite like it;)

Ther is nothing better to bring a stainless steel sink back to its former glory.

There is an old saying "one mans fish is another mans Pecheur".

or was "that one mans meat is another mans Poisson". I do get befuddled this time in the afternoon with the sun on my back ( and front) and sipping a bucket of Deutz.( two straws- one for she who must be obeyed.)

Chacun a son gout:)

or was "that one mans meat is another mans Poisson". I do get befuddled this time in the afternoon with the sun on my back ( and front) and sipping a bucket of Deutz.( two straws- one for she who must be obeyed.)

Mange tout Marlene, mange tout.

Plume de ma tante avec menage a trois!

Jay une la creme de la menthe apres moi la deluge mon Cherry!

Fromage frais!

Mange tout Marlene, mange tout.

Plume de ma tante avec menage a trois!

Jay une la creme de la menthe apres moi la deluge mon Cherry!

Fromage frais!

C'est magnifique,Hooky Street,Magnifique,Hooky Street,Hooky Street.

Yes,to each his own.

The World is your Lobster

Having lived in the tropics for 4 years- I find that most wine is not a wonderful mix with hot humid sun. Hence the enjoyment of a very light, barely alcoholic, and just slightly fizzy drink that I usually prefer to beer. You are welcome to make fun of it.

Archived