Included fine wines and spirits

Mark_K

Cars yes but computers no,That's why you employ someone to take care of you with those things.

I must say that I am looking forward to pictures of the Singapore lounge and anything else that Jeff might capture during his trip.

CC is certainly not for the blinkered.

Like the wife or the mechanic(IT) on SB.

Nothing from Mr Jeff yet - could be he is jet lagged or Singhad. I do hope he will not find Singapore so attractive that he stays and we don't hear from him again. His contributions to CC would be sorely missed ( by some). And we would be denied your amusing exchanges with him.

In regione caecorum Rex est lucid

Long live the King;)

should have gone to specsavers.;)

It's Luscus not lucid

Keep an eye out.:p

At the risk of censure, I would just say that it all sounds a bit Trisopterus Luscusy to me.

I do hope we will soon have some detailed contributions about current SS wines from fellow cruisers. Surely I am not the only SS supporter who is interested. But there again, if I am I will give up the unequal struggle, wait till I get on the ship , get the complimentary wine list ( yes I will - trust me) and then post. That's part of the raisin d'être for CC - to share.

Yes Keep calm,carry on.

Thank you for the advice that served this nation well in times of conflict. But we are not at war now. Or are we?:rolleyes:

Perhaps Mr Jeff would care to comment - wherever he is now. Maybe he is keeping his head down for fear of being badgerdeed ( sic) again. Can be aggressive beasts.

Well then the website would seem to be misleading and inconsistent with their latest description in their 2014 brochure.

The OED and other trusted Dictioneries has "fine" meaning of very high quality when used to describe wine. By no stretch of the imagination can this adjective apply to the complimentary SS wines I have experienced - even taking into account the hyperbolic licence sometimes used by publicists.

I am not having a pop at the wines; but I would like them to be described accurately - and know what they are currently. Sadly( at least for me) recent passengers seem unwilling or unable to share this information. Perhaps they only drink from the premium list:rolleyes:

Sorry - I'm not unwilling to share the information. It's just that the wines were unremarkable, and when I found something I enjoyed, I drank it again and again. We did, however, drink a number of superb wines from the premium list.

Sorry - I'm not unwilling to share the information. It's just that the wines were unremarkable, and when I found something I enjoyed, I drank it again and again. We did, however, drink a number of superb wines from the premium list.

Maybe therein lies the answer to the conundrum.

Incidentally had "Conundrum" on Silversea a while back. Two different years ,two completely different wines; but that's what the wine is about. Both " interesting":)

Anyhow, thank you for responding - a pleasant change:)

Wow, 10 pages later I would like to add that this is much ado about not much.

As I said on a previous thread when cruising on SS the sommelier is important-in my case Karolina. If you do not like the evening's choices a conversation will almost always produce something enjoyable I refuse to pay extra for wine on an all inclusive cruise and I expect something above average-never had a problem on both SS and RSSC.

Maybe therein lies the answer to the conundrum.

Incidentally had "Conundrum" on Silversea a while back. Two different years ,two completely different wines; but that's what the wine is about. Both " interesting":)

Anyhow, thank you for responding - a pleasant change:)

Two posters replied,still nothing concrete to go on I'm afraid.

Maybe I was right about the knowledge bit I mean we can't all be MW ;) but as you know I also choose wine predominantly from the wine list.

I do ofcourse remember what the inclusive pour included on Seabourn.

Wow, 10 pages later I would like to add that this is much ado about not much.

Sir, I beg to differ. Thank you for your Shakespearian reference. I believe that when paying top dollar for a Silversea cruise, your wine should be As You Like It. I have found that looking to the sommellier for advice can result in a Comedy of Errors with wines being proffered that are not to my taste. His/Her recommendations may be ok for those Merry Wives of Windsor ( who get merrier with each passing glass). For me wine is a Labour Of Love too easily Lost on the altar of poor advice. So I have found that getting a copy of the included wine list allows me to make an informed choice and usually Alls Well That Ends Well.

Sir, I beg to differ. Thank you for your Shakespearian reference. I believe that when paying top dollar for a Silversea cruise, your wine should be As You Like It. I have found that looking to the sommellier for advice can result in a Comedy of Errors with wines being proffered that are not to my taste. His/Her recommendations may be ok for those Merry Wives of Windsor ( who get merrier with each passing glass). For me wine is a Labour Of Love too easily Lost on the altar of poor advice. So I have found that getting a copy of the included wine list allows me to make an informed choice and usually Alls Well That Ends Well.

Very good Marlene

I hope everyosne is well, and not arguing too much whilst I've not been keeping my eye on you.

Reporting back as requested from Silversea's latest ship the Silver Sing. I hope the mods don't cave into to those dour folk who only seem to post to stop the chat.

Well, arrived safely with a healthy dose of LPGS!!

Yes Luxury, Ana was the tall gaunt looking girl. Lovely – she soon got us sussed and returned every few moments to top us up with thr lovely brew. None of this cheap champers and belended Prosecco malarkey. i'd say we managed around 5 bottles continent to continent. Proud of me?

She is in fact from Krakow and being a University girl was of course very inquisitive. Couldn't understand the concept of travelling First and staying in a 5 star suite and eating on the streets not in restaurants. I asked her about good eating in Krakow. “Oh Krakow has the best food in the world” she gushed. “What sort of food “ I asked. Silence. I tried to be helpful “Don't grandparents hand down through generations a big cook pot full of bubbling stew with carrots and barley and every other generation adds a dumpling?” “Oh no! She said “much more often than that” We got stuck a bit on trying to think of the National Dish of Krakow and trying to be helpful I suggested it might be The Pickled Cucumber With Dill. “Yes” she said “they are very good”. “So what would you eat for a bit of a change?” I asked. She thought for a moment and said "I'd have the pickled cucumbers without dill"

Things took a bit of a lull for an hour or so whilst we tried to see how much LPGS we could drink without looking like complete pigs and the silence was broken by a fluorescent family of three who plonked themselves next to us – when nearly every other set of chairs and tables were completely empty – as they do. The best way I can described it is that they look like a family of balloons being taken to a toddler party. Not wishing in any way to be ignored they had painted themselves fully into summer plumage with every bright colour that they could find. They were – it transpired – from Washington. Each of them was 360 degrees'ish with the horizontal diameter being exceeded by the vertical diameter a bit like a set of brightly painted rugby balls. Anyway the toddler was allowed off to explore which included going to guest tables and taking nuts from each of the little bowls, It then – for some reason I couldn't fathom decided to throw itself at a glass door and of course the door stubbornly stood it's ground and Toddler Ball bounced off into a screaming tantrumy mass onto the floor. Dad picked him up and tried to explain to him the unforgiving nature of glass doors, and we – the audience all looked on most of us knowing what was almost inevitability goinf to happen next. Well, blow me – you wouldn't believe it. Three more circuits of the tables and the nuts and kbang – straight into the door again. This time he seemed even more angry and I am afraid that some of the audience who were pretty irritated with having their nuts stolen found the whole thing uncharitably very funny and were clearly hoping for a re-match.

BA seemed to have bought a bronze horse for the Concorde Room and not being able to think of anything more inventive – they stuck a lamp on it's head.

Decent flight but it is awful keeping awake and being bored for 12 or 13 hours. Food terrible, so we had the Carrs Cheese Melts which the boss had brought with as backup instead with loads of LPGS. Lot's of listening to Rumer and Stacey Kent with a few other bits and pieces for the whole grumpy trip.

I'd like to post pictures of our satay last night we had a mixed 40 for people that aren't too hungry. 10 of each of pork, duck, beef and chicken. Truly lovely. I can't post because I haven't woked out how to link using the ipad – it keeps deleting the link. Sorry.

Your man on the ground in the tropics.

Jeff

Thanks for posting Jeff.

Krakow is known for its McDonalds by the way,that's what happens when you let eastern block countries travel the world.

I always look at the horse lamp every time I am in the suite,it's weird.

Food looking good although I am sure i have seen it before at Waitrose.

You and Mrs UK1 are looking well in the photos, does your skin do this when you drink too much GC or are you using the wrong moisturiser.

Stiff upper lip old boy,it must be tough eating off the streets rather than in nice comfortable restaurants like what the Poles do.

Perhaps Mr Jeff would care to comment - wherever he is now. Maybe he is keeping his head down for fear of being badgerdeed ( sic) again. Can be aggressive breasts.

I must get these bleedin glasses sorted.

Marlene, I'm your sort of bloke. Point me at those aggressive breasts and I'll placate them. :)

I must get these bleedin glasses sorted.

Marlene, I'm your sort of bloke. Point me at those aggressive breasts and I'll placate them. :)

I recommend Reidel glasses - things look much better through them- especially the pink ones.

Don't have to tackle the beasts they have recently been declared extinct. Not a sniff of them anywhere.

Do you watch Countdown also.:)

Am I the only person that finds that rick heavup feller from Sugar completely ghastly. I cannot watch him. Completely ruined the programme. Rachel's brains runs rings round him. I'd like to see that visitor comedian Spike running it. Very clever man.

Archived