SAS Transportation

CurlyQ132

We took an SAS van from the Miami port to Fort Lauderdale airport yesterday. They were excellent. We called when we got through customs and their van was there less than 10 minutes later. Clean, air conditioned, 30 minute ride to the airport. Great service, just wanted to pass this along.

How far in advance did you book with them? Thanks!

We have also used SAS for our family of 6 adults (we book a private shuttle) and usually book very early..better safe than sorry..as I like to have all reservations taken care of...and then follow up a couple of weeks prior to confirm...Steve is always wonderful to work with.

I have used them many times to get from FLL to SoBe hotels and from POM to FLL. They are $15 (each) for a party of 4 or less, $13 for more than 4. Great service and the "shared" part of the ride is relatively painless.

They have to originate in either Fort Lauderdale or the POM due to their licensing requirements. They have comfortable vans and trailers for the luggage.

You make your reservations on their website and as mentioned they wait for your call when you get your luggage and come right to you. It's one of the least painless ways to travel I've had in quite awhile.

I'm going to have to call my previous post "Bon jour". Sorry, you can't believe what you read on the Internet! I just got an email from SAS saying they no longer serve SoBe hotels.

The challenge with servicing SoBe hotels from FLL is that, due to licensing restrictions, they probably would be coming back to FLL empty. I suspect it is a business decision driven by costs (empty miles are expensive) and low demand. :(

You might check with some of the other shuttle services based in the FLL area: QLS, MJS, and Go Airport Shuttle. There have also been a few suggestions lately for shuttle service from Jiffy Jeff. Good luck! :)

The challenge with servicing SoBe hotels from FLL is that, due to licensing restrictions, they probably would be coming back to FLL empty. I suspect it is a business decision driven by costs (empty miles are expensive) and low demand. :(

You might check with some of the other shuttle services based in the FLL area: QLS, MJS, and Go Airport Shuttle. There have also been a few suggestions lately for shuttle service from Jiffy Jeff. Good luck! :)

Agreed. I always used them for the SoBe run but obviously won't now. It was certainly one of the things that were too good to last. I'll still use them from POM to FLL though. I've always enjoyed their service.

We took an SAS van from the Miami port to Fort Lauderdale airport yesterday. They were excellent. We called when we got through customs and their van was there less than 10 minutes later. Clean, air conditioned, 30 minute ride to the airport. Great service, just wanted to pass this along.

My flight is at 11:45 in FLL and ship arrives at 8:00 at what time would I request them to be at port. I plan to self-disembark

My flight is at 11:45 in FLL and ship arrives at 8:00 at what time would I request them to be at port. I plan to self-disembark

About 8:45 or so -- they will set up cell phone contact between you and the driver. Good luck! :)

Archived