Updated Dry-Dock Schedule

I put together a dry-dock schedule for all of the Carnival ships. The schedule includes the last known dry-dock and the upcoming dry-dock (if one is scheduled) for each ship.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-drydock-schedule.html

The schedule does not have what all of the ships are getting because this information has not yet been made public for all ships. I compiled the information using Carnival's website, go CCL, and John Heald's Blog/Facebook.

And of course, the information is subject to change (Carnival can change their mind!)

Let me know what you think! Hope this helps someone!

I put together a dry-dock schedule for all of the Carnival ships. The schedule includes the last known dry-dock and the upcoming dry-dock (if one is scheduled) for each ship.

The schedule does not have what all of the ships are getting because this information has not yet been made public for all ships. I compiled the information using Carnival's website, go CCL, and John Heald's Blog/Facebook.

And of course, the information is subject to change (Carnival can change their mind!)

Thanks for not only your list, but your sources. Keep up the good work!

I noticed that the Magic is going in for an almost 2 month drydock. That seems a long time, as they can get an awful lot done in just 2 weeks, and she is a "newer" ship. (2011) edited: actually, just read on another thread that they need extra time to re-cable/do electric work/generator work to make sure all the ships are up to code. Still seems like a long time for a new ship.

Edited by pe4all

Where did you read this?

On the "Breaking News: Victory 44 day drydock yada yada yada" thread. Around post 86: "Standard 2 week dry docks include updating of hotel items like carpeting and upholstery. 2.0 upgrades can be done in 2 weeks also.

But redundancy re-cabling of engine rooms, installation of new fire suppression systems and installation of 2 backup generators might explain the longer dry docks."

But this is all speculation. It does make sense, in a way. I can't imagine them "Sunshining" the Magic.

On the "Breaking News: Victory 44 day drydock yada yada yada" thread. Around post 86: "Standard 2 week dry docks include updating of hotel items like carpeting and upholstery. 2.0 upgrades can be done in 2 weeks also.

But redundancy re-cabling of engine rooms, installation of new fire suppression systems and installation of 2 backup generators might explain the longer dry docks."

But this is all speculation. It does make sense, in a way. I can't imagine them "Sunshining" the Magic.

Other ships like the Imagination and Inspiration are both having 2 week drydocks. I'm pretty sure they are getting the added redundancies.

In the whole "which ship is going to be upgraded" episode, the 40+ day drydock for the Magic is the most mysterious.

Other ships like the Imagination and Inspiration are both having 2 week drydocks. I'm pretty sure they are getting the added redundancies.

In the whole "which ship is going to be upgraded" episode, the 40+ day drydock for the Magic is the most mysterious.

Yup, if the Imagination and Inspiration are both getting the added redundancies, then I am 92.99% sure that the Freedom and Victory will be getting extensive upgrades. I agree with a post from another thread that the Freedom will receive added redundancies, all of 2.0, and then some. I also agree that the Victory will be "sunshined". Once again, that is IF the Inspiration and Imagination will be getting added redundancies.

On a side note: I don't think that the added redundancies would take more than 2 weeks to install. The only reason that it took a month on the Sunshine and Triumph is because they needed to transport the materials to the dock, which may have taken most of the time.

Yup, if the Imagination and Inspiration are both getting the added redundancies, then I am 92.99% sure that the Freedom and Victory will be getting extensive upgrades. I agree with a post from another thread that the Freedom will receive added redundancies, all of 2.0, and then some. I also agree that the Victory will be "sunshined". Once again, that is IF the Inspiration and Imagination will be getting added redundancies.

On a side note: I don't think that the added redundancies would take more than 2 weeks to install. The only reason that it took a month on the Sunshine and Triumph is because they needed to transport the materials to the dock, which may have taken most of the time.

The materials will be at the dock long BEFORE the ship arrives at the shipyard!

The materials will be at the dock long BEFORE the ship arrives at the shipyard!

I know. With the Sunshine and Triumph, the materials were not ready, which may have added to the delay...

With the Victory and Freedom, the materials will be there, which makes me believe that the added redundancies should only take two weeks, tops.

Edited by cruiseloveryay

I know. With the Sunshine and Triumph, the materials were not ready, which may have added to the delay...

With the Victory and Freedom, the materials will be there, which makes me believe that the added redundancies should only take two weeks, tops.

The reason the Sunshine was delayed was because of vandalism by some shipyard workers. The Triumph was delayed because of the short notice.

Wasn't the Valor scheduled to receive 2.0 upgrade sometime in 2014? I actually boooked a January 2015 cruise anticipating to get all the 2.0 new venues. If the 2.0 upgrade is now going to be 03/15/15 TO 04/22/13, I will have to reschedule my trip accordingly.

The reason the Sunshine was delayed was because of vandalism by some shipyard workers. The Triumph was delayed because of the short notice.

Sorry. You are incorrect. The Sunshine was delayed because of the generators. The reason why the work wasn't finished was due to the vandalism, but that was not the reason for the delay.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5442

Wasn't the Valor scheduled to receive 2.0 upgrade sometime in 2014? I actually boooked a January 2015 cruise anticipating to get all the 2.0 new venues. If the 2.0 upgrade is now going to be 03/15/15 TO 04/22/13, I will have to reschedule my trip accordingly.

Yes. I would reschedule. Unless you want to wait for an official announcement from Carnival, which I would think would be in about a month.

Go CCL shows the next dry-dock being 3/15/15 - 4/22/15. There is no information about the enhancements or work that will be done yet during this drydock.

If you try to book cruises during these dates (March - April 2015) you will only get March 1, March 8, and April 26. This indicates that the two websites align.

Sorry the ship may not have 2.0 for the cruise you booked in January 2015. Before cancelling try calling Carnival and ask when the ship will receive the 2.0 upgrades & feel free to report back your findings!

Hope this helps!

Edited by thecruiserofships

Thanks, it is very helpful for planning

It seems like there are 7 ships, according to your schedule, that will have 14 day dry docks. If they do not receive the added redundancies, I will be SHOCKED.

The ships that will be receiving 14 day dry docks are...

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Elation

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Legend

Carnival Paradise

Carnival Sensation

This makes me also believe that it only takes two weeks to add the "added redundancies"

The reason the Sunshine was delayed was because of vandalism by some shipyard workers.

That's not true. Due to the delay, the workers slowed down and vandalized just so they could keep working and get paid. The delay was to install safety features.

I know some are saying that the extended drydocks are due to the safety enhancements. However Mr. Cahill said in a press conference a few weeks ago that the bulk of the work will be done while ships are in service. That leads me to believe that the bulk of those drydock days will be interior remodeling of state rooms. Getting rid of the pinks and oranges and 2.0 enhancements. Again that is speculation on my part. I guess we will all have to wait for official announcements, but speculating is fun. Lol

I know some are saying that the extended drydocks are due to the safety enhancements. However Mr. Cahill said in a press conference a few weeks ago that the bulk of the work will be done while ships are in service. That leads me to believe that the bulk of those drydock days will be interior remodeling of state rooms. Getting rid of the pinks and oranges and 2.0 enhancements. Again that is speculation on my part. I guess we will all have to wait for official announcements, but speculating is fun. Lol

I agree with you. I think that there may even be more to the drydocks than "getting rid of the pinks and oranges and 2.0 enhancements"

At some point John Heald posted that Paradise and Elation would get 2.0 upgrades instead of the EOF (downgrades) as they were the only two to not have.

They were supposed to be the next Fantasy classes to undergo drydocks since they were next in their class line.