Carnival Website Down, Again!

hloakes

The web site says it's down for routine maintenance.... Being an IT manager, I know that can mean one of two things: it's REALLY down for maintenance, or it's REALLY down because there's enough problems with it that it has to be taken down for some bigger issues (server problems, applications issues...). Hopefully it will be back up soon and stay up!

I would think that "routine site maintenance" would take place at a time when people would be less likely to be on the site. I am not sure when that would be, but I would think now would be a bad time.

It is STILL down! I have become (almost) obsessive about checking Fare Viewer for rate drops. Sort of impossible to do that if I can't get to it. Grrrrr.

Maybe that's their goal! Lets take the website offline in hopes that people will forget about price reductions! Lol! :)

That site is always having issues. Wasn't it just a few days ago someone posted that the site said they had about 76 bazillion days left until they cruised?

I was just about to place an order with Bon Voyage when it went down. :mad: Hope the routine maintenance doesn't involve raising prices there.

It is STILL down! I have become (almost) obsessive about checking Fare Viewer for rate drops. Sort of impossible to do that if I can't get to it. Grrrrr.

I just went to check fares again too. I AM obsessive ... 3-4 times a day lately. On two of my cruises, my category is sold out but every now and then one cabin will open up and I've gotten lucky by checking regularly.

weird, when I go online and try to do a mock booking, when I select the amount of people it says there are no rooms available for that many people! As of yesterday there were alot of rooms available... besides even when I put 2 as the number it says that... even did it on a different sail date... :confused:

weird, when I go online and try to do a mock booking, when I select the amount of people it says there are no rooms available for that many people! As of yesterday there were alot of rooms available... besides even when I put 2 as the number it says that... even did it on a different sail date... :confused:

They may be updating the website. That is what usually happens to me when I want to do that. :rolleyes:

The website might be up and working now, but it won't allow to search for any cruises. And what I mean by that is no matter what sail date you choose or which cabin category is selected, you get the dreaded, "No rates available for the stateroom category and the number of travelers you selected."

What gives?!!!! :confused:

I'm glad I paid off my 2nd cruise last night and received the confirmation and didn't wait until today to do it...or late last night because I noticed the site was down too.

Here is the crack IT team @ CCL

Hahaha!

I know I had issue last night trying to do a mock booking - kept telling me that there was no cruise that met my requirements. I had to remove all the filters and then scroll through pages of cruises to find the right one.

Undoubtedly, their website is the most frustrating site I ever have to access - never seems to run well. I think they must have a hamster running in a wheel!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Archived