Show Times

1aCruise4wks

What show times (evening shows in the main lounge) have you seen recently? On our last HAL cruise in Nov 2012 (actually a B2B TA/Caribbean), the show times were 7 PM & 9 PM. We had 2nd seating dinner and always had to go to the shows before dinner. That really messed up our evening. We are considering booking a HAL cruise this Fall but I won't book HAL if they have switched their show times to 7 PM & 9 PM on all the ships/cruises.

I'm hoping it was just the CD on our last cruise that made the change.

What show times (evening shows in the main lounge) have you seen recently? On our last HAL cruise in Nov 2012 (actually a B2B TA/Caribbean), the show times were 7 PM & 9 PM. We had 2nd seating dinner and always had to go to the shows before dinner. That really messed up our evening. We are considering booking a HAL cruise this Fall but I won't book HAL if they have switched their show times to 7 PM & 9 PM on all the ships/cruises.

I'm hoping it was just the CD on our last cruise that made the change.

8:00 and 10:00 pm on Oosterdam in Alaska

On our Westerdam cruise this past spring our show times were 7 and 9. Hated that time. Now I hear the show times on this ship are 8 and 10.

We have had the 7 and 9 show times on a couple of different ships in Alaska and the Caribbean.

Hard to predict when they will be until you get on the ship.

On my last several cruises, going back a little over a year, the shows have been at 8:00 and 10:00, with the exception of the first night (9:30, one performance).

There may have been an odd no or single performance night once or twice, too, especially if the ship was doing an overnight in port.

On a recent cruise we got to like going to the show before the late seating dinner once we realized the shows indeed would end just in time to also get to dinner - never went over.

We find 10pm is too late for us (we are old :cool:) and that whatever they are doing with the dining service gets us out from our 8pm fixed seating with a long gap between the end of dinner and show time.

When we used that time for the piano bar or Adgaio, we were usually done for the evening by the time the 10pm show actually started, so having the early show before dinner really worked out well for us. (See above - we are old, or more likely not night people :cool:)

Archived