How many Oceania cruise directors are there?

TexEm

Hey Mura just seen u are on Marina out of NYC, we were on same cruise last year its a good one , you will have fun.

PLEASE try and look up David and MarieVic they are from Gibraltar they were with us last year on the leg before that was Lima NYC and decided to take the next one this year. Nice people you will like them send them our love

JimGib

Thanks for the info, Jim. I'll definitely try to contact them. As it happens we're doing the Lima-NYC leg NEXT year.

Mura

Thanks for the info, Jim. I'll definitely try to contact them. As it happens we're doing the Lima-NYC leg NEXT year.

Mura

Great trip last year we did Tahiti to Lima To NYC To Southampton was a wonderful trip.

we even used Princess as a ferry took a 28 day LA to LA and jumped ship in Tahiti after 21 days, made it an easy way to get there.

JimGib

Anyone know who's currently on Insignia? CD doesn't matter that much as long as they're knowledgeable and personable (which they all seem to be), but I AM a little curious. I'd also like to hear what the refurbishment looks like, but that's another post!

Edited by roothy123

Anyone know who's currently on Insignia? CD doesn't matter that much as long as they're knowledgeable and personable (which they all seem to be), but I AM a little curious. I'd also like to hear what the refurbishment looks like, but that's another post!

I understand its Leslie that's the Isignia CD, we get on next week in Athens 29th May

I understand its Leslie that's the Isignia CD, we get on next week in Athens 29th May

Thanks. Leslie's great. Is he the person listed in your booklet? Hope you post about the refurbishment later. We're don't get on until mid-August in Lisbon, but a couple people on our Roll Call want to know what the ship looks like now. We go to Gib, by the way!

Edited by roothy123

There are some other threads with links to the photos of the NEW Insignia

I had read that Roy was taking at least a 6 month break, back at the main office. So he is going to be back aboard the Riviera by September! NO rest for the wicked I understand. He's a hoot, you'll enjoy him.

I had read that Roy was taking at least a 6 month break, back at the main office. So he is going to be back aboard the Riviera by September! NO rest for the wicked I understand. He's a hoot, you'll enjoy him.

Based on previous posts regarding this CD, I am disappointed to learn that he may be on our cruise in November. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Sometimes Cruise Director, asst. cruise director and singer J.R. (Lustig) Seems always willing to fill in when needed. One of the best we have sailed with. Would love to see him back as a Cruise Director. :):):)

Thanks. Leslie's great. Is he the person listed in your booklet? Hope you post about the refurbishment later. We're don't get on until mid-August in Lisbon, but a couple people on our Roll Call want to know what the ship looks like now. We go to Gib, by the way!

Hi yes will try and post some pics when I get on the ship, I don't have my booklet yet but other people have confirmed to me its Leslie. Drop me a message when you are arriving in Gib I can take you on a tour and have a beer or wine with you.

Sometimes Cruise Director, asst. cruise director and singer J.R. (Lustig) Seems always willing to fill in when needed. One of the best we have sailed with. Would love to see him back as a Cruise Director. :):):)

I have known JR for many years, back in the days of Shany Rae now she was a top CD.

JR could be a great CD but he has said to me many times he prefers being an assistant, he can obviously stand in as needed!

Regards Roy he is a lovely person and great guy to sail with, top sense of humour maybe some people don't understand it, but I for one really enjoy sailing with him. there are a couple of CD I don't enjoy being with and always hope to avoid them.

For me Leslie and Roy are the best!

and Shany the best ever!

I have known JR for many years, back in the days of Shany Rae now she was a top CD.

JR could be a great CD but he has said to me many times he prefers being an assistant, he can obviously stand in as needed!

Regards Roy he is a lovely person and great guy to sail with, top sense of humour maybe some people don't understand it, but I for one really enjoy sailing with him. there are a couple of CD I don't enjoy being with and always hope to avoid them.

For me Leslie and Roy are the best!

and Shany the best ever!

Personal preferences aside, and I was raised in a British household, Shany (didn't she spell it Shani?) really wasn't the Oceania type.

Just a mite too much of the music hall, if you get my drift.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got home Sunday evening from our excellent Istanbul to Barcelona cruise on Riviera. Nolan Dean, our Cruise Director, announced that it was his last cruise. He now has an infant and decided a change in job was best for him.