Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity

djjoe

I thought shouting is indicated by using all caps? Not bold letters.:confused:

What?

I see the quote bug has been applied to your post....

I perceive a shout whenever someone changes the emphasis using font variation from a previous post. Some people use colour or large fonts all the time, some change it for emphasis...

Lots of fine comments about the inevitability of a "cull" to existing Elites. The problem is things don't like being culled. ;)

No they don't. Not at all. There will be serious anger and some will actually cancel or cut back X cruises as a result.

The trick for Celebrity is

A)keeping the bulk of the Elites benefits,so it seems that not much is being lost,

B) add a new loyalty level with new benefits that don't really cost much and

C) give some leeway and incentives to reach this new loyalty level.

If they do these 3, they will minimize but NOT eliminate the anger sure to follow the downgrading of the current plan.

There is no way to change the plan without some anger from their current loyal customers, anger which is fully reasonable.

This is the best statement I have seen on the subject.

This should be the corporate goal. Improve the perceived benefits without impacting the bottom line. The implementation is another story altogether.

I agree with this is all respects except the last sentence. I would have said "There is no way to change the plan without some anger from their current loyal customers, anger which is fully expected. I think there will be very few instances where it will be reasonable.

What?

I see the quote bug has been applied to your post....

I perceive a shout whenever someone changes the emphasis using font variation from a previous post. Some people use colour or large fonts all the time, some change it for emphasis...

Huh? What quote bug? It worked correctly.

Is what you perceive about bold letters what is perceived by most people. I'm too lazy to search "bold letters", but I'm pretty sure all caps is the generally accepted way to SHOUT at someone.

7 x 27 = 189 + 13 = 202. After September 7th cruise we will have 29 points, so that would be 7 x 29 = 203 + 13 = 226.

Seems that would put us way ahead of where we actually are!!

The RC formula made sure no one lost status and with the exception of those who only took long cruises most people were happy with their point total.

This may become more flexible if days are counted.

For example a 7 day cruise yields 7 "points" for base cabins and an additional point for every increase in $$$ spent on the cabin.

A person in a PH spends way more on accommodations than a person who travels in a "mere" sky suite. Additional points can be awarded for each type of cabin upgrade.

HAL, I believe, adds an extra point for every $300 in onboard spending.

(Pure star gazing)

Why not follow the RCL model, 1 pt for everyday sailed and 2 pts if in a suite. Perhaps add additional pts for onboard spending ala HAL. Most likely those staying in the big suites will have the same amenities as "Apex" members.

Why is PORT ROYAL stealing attribution of "This is the best statement I have seen on the subject " from me . :D

That's my fault. I am on an iPad and it's new to me. I edited the quote wrong.

I once read that the measure of someone's intelligence is the degree to which they agree with you. Using that measure, I think you are a bloddy genius. :D

That's my fault. I am on an iPad and it's new to me. I edited the quote wrong.

I once read that the measure of someone's intelligence is the degree to which they agree with you. Using that measure, I think you are a bloddy genius. :D

sorry to get off topic. On the other hand this thread is already off topic.

Just wanted to compliment you on the website/information for your transatlantic on Brillliance of the Seas. We are booked on that cruise next year.

Do you know if the website will still be around next spring?

Huh? What quote bug? It worked correctly..

quotebug.png

Who said what is reversed by the quote malfunction...

You quoted Port Royal saying what I did and the reverse...

I posted earlier that there seems to be a bug in the quote function today..

7 x 27 = 189 + 13 = 202. After September 7th cruise we will have 29 points, so that would be 7 x 29 = 203 + 13 = 226.

Seems that would put us way ahead of where we actually are!!

Not as much difference as it might seem. Assuming a similar scale to Royal, your 29 points would put you well above D+ (and the possible Elite +) on the old scale and 226 would put you a similar amount above the 175 on the new scale.

Not as much difference as it might seem. Assuming a similar scale to Royal, your 29 points would put you well above D+ (and the possible Elite +) on the old scale and 226 would put you a similar amount above the 175 on the new scale.

Yes, but our actual days sailed are only 188 not 226.

Yes, but our actual days sailed are only 188 not 226.

There is a nuance to the scale. I forget whether points or credits came first, but the scale does not call them "days". The accumulation is based on days, but it adds to your points/credits.

Our actual days on Royal are not equal to our points but they go up by the number of days on board (doubled if we cruise in a JS or above). Any progression toward Pinnacle (which we will never reach), will go up proportinally.

There is a nuance to the scale. I forget whether points or credits came first, but the scale does not call them "days". The accumulation is based on days, but it adds to your points/credits.

Our actual days on Royal are not equal to our points but they go up by the number of days on board (doubled if we cruise in a JS or above).

Okay, I understand. I just kept hearing/or reading that they are going to go to "days sailed" for loyalty points and thought they literally meant days sailed.

quotebug.png

Who said what is reversed by the quote malfunction...

You quoted Port Royal saying what I did and the reverse...

I posted earlier that there seems to be a bug in the quote function today..

You're Right. Confusing if you are trying to keep up with who said what.:)

I think that problem has happened before, and fairly recently.

Why not follow the RCL model, 1 pt for everyday sailed and 2 pts if in a suite. Perhaps add additional pts for onboard spending ala HAL. Most likely those staying in the big suites will have the same amenities as "Apex" members.

That is OK and what HAL does as well, but what would be the suggested formula to start off? There are many (especially those who live near a port) who have taken many 3 & 4 day cruises and in the past received the same number of credits for those taking a 7 night cruise. I understand moving forward basing the points on the days sailed, but how would the numbers be calculated at the start of the new program?

Also, right now Azamara and Celebrity points are being combined. I don't see an issue since Azamara Club Cruises only has two ships.

Does anyone have any real information because I haven't seen any announcement.

Okay, I understand. I just kept hearing/or reading that they are going to go to "days sailed" for loyalty points and thought they literally meant days sailed.

Only "They" know what they're doing, if anything. "They" aren't speaking. However, the opinions expressed on this and similar threads may help to shape a decision. I still believe that we will see a program that reflect RCCL. The companies appear to be drawing closer and closer together. Just look at recent staff movements from one company to the other. Unfortunately, I believe that this will have a negative impact on the celebrity brand. We'll see.

That is OK and what HAL does as well, but what would be the suggested formula to start off? There are many (especially those who live near a port) who have taken many 3 & 4 day cruises and in the past received the same number of credits for those taking a 7 night cruise. I understand moving forward basing the points on the days sailed, but how would the numbers be calculated at the start of the new program?

Also, right now Azamara and Celebrity points are being combined. I don't see an issue since Azamara Club Cruises only has two ships.

Royal assumed each pt was a 7 day cruise and then added a cushion to make sure someone 1or 2 cruises away from the next status would achieve that after taking 1 or 2 seven day cruises.

Yes, it benefited those with a lot of short cruises but Royal succeeded at making sure no one lost their current status.

Isn't that just speculation at this point?

Everything in this thread that is not talking about the past is speculation. But that is part of the fun. We all know that the program will eventually change. What we don't know is how or when. But there is enough experience in the group to make some informed specualation and enough cycnicism to debate it.

Life is good.

In what way?

I believe that RCCL is even more bottom line driven than Celebrity and that can have a potential impact on the total cruise experience. One could argue that that is happening now with the reduction of public space for revenue producing space. My concern is that the trend will accelerate. I have no specific information or sources to support my contention, just a feeling based on what I'm seeing.

If I'm correct we will see a new Loyalty program that will focus more on long term cost reduction rather rewarding loyalty.

Archived