*An Important Message From Royal Caribbean

How was Busch Gardens?? I haven't been there in years.

We got there at 8:30 and it opened at 9am.

It was great but VERY HOT!!! I was hoping it would rain but nada... Just a sunny day. I had to end up leaving around 3:30 because I think we where having heat stroke or something.... But it was great....

I can tell you that new ride Sheikra (sp?) is INSANE!!!! I've never been so freakin' scared in my entire life..... If you are into big thrills this is the ride for you...

Of course everything is was great....

Thanks for asking.

Hello everyone:

I am finally back after doing a quick getaway to Busch Gardens this weekend.

Just to try to explain things to everyone without going into to much detail, because I cant, here goes.

After the thread was posted I was contacted 2 days later through Laura (Community Manager) from the RCI board . In her email Laura gave me a telephone number to call and the name of a person over at RCI who wanted to speak to me. I contacted that person and after an entire day trying to figure out what was going on I can say it was a case of fraud. Now what does that mean??? Well its very complicated and I cannot diclose all the details here.

In regards to asking the thread to be pulled, yes I asked for it to be taken down. It was agreed to be taken down between myself and RCI.

I understand many of you will be confused and this is very vague but that is all I can tell you as of right now. I'll try to answer as many questions as possible.

Betty,

Glad to hear you had a great time. Never been there, to far away, maybe someday we can make it. I guess if that's all you can say for now, we can maybe get the whole story on the S&S II cruise:D .

Betty, I have followed both threads and all the various speculations and theories, and just want to say that I'm glad that you enjoyed your holiday...and that hopefully, you are getting things resolved with RCCL. :)

And I hope that whenever and wherever you cruise next, you have a fabulous time.

I would like to say that I AM SATISFIED with the service I received by the RCI representatives last week. They all where very helpful and great to help uncovering what actually went on... I would like to say RCI has a great guest services department....

Betty, I have followed both threads and all the various speculations and theories, and just want to say that I'm glad that you enjoyed your holiday...and that hopefully, you are getting things resolved with RCCL. :)

And I hope that whenever and wherever you cruise next, you have a fabulous time.

Thank you!!!!!

Betty - Glad you are satisfied with RCI and that you at least got to take a little vacation this weekend. Sounds like you had fun.

I have one question that I hope you can answer. Based on the "fraud" that took place, should we be concerned with the safety of personal information/credit card info, etc. that RCCL has on each of us that have cruises booked with RCCL?

Betty - Glad you are satisfied with RCI and that you at least got to take a little vacation this weekend. Sounds like you had fun.

I have one question that I hope you can answer. Based on the "fraud" that took place, should we be concerned with the safety of personal information/credit card info, etc. that RCCL has on each of us that have cruises booked with RCCL?

That is a good question, not sure she can answer it but it is definitely something I would like to know.

I am sorry but....a few days ago you called RCCI customer service people all kind of names and now you are saying they are great....I am sorry Betty,I know you wish this was all over but...I find this all rather disturbing...and to be perfectly honest here....why should I trust RCCI ...I realise you are the victim in all this but...for you to say how great RCCI is now....sorry but that to me...says "paid off"....that must have been a considerable future cruise certificate.....you know my reasons for not being happy with RCCI...you and I have all ready discussed this,it really bugs me how RCCI..seem to look after their own...and to heck with people outwith US.

I wonder what happened to those people who turned up for the cruise at the weekend and found they had been bumped off....did they receive any refunds/certificate.?

Liz

You know PEOPLE, I have tried to keep my opinion of this situation out of this, since it has nothing to do with me or anyone else for that matter, BUT, there IS another possible story option here, that MAYBE no one is considering! I am in NO WAY defending RCI, but I don't think it's fair to assume that they were at fault.

Clearly, they have asked her not to discuss this, and yet, a couple of you are backing her into a corner. Please use your imagination for a nano second to consider what that other story might be!! I see no reason to be concerned with this perceived fraud/hacker threat at all!!

I can think of ONLY one reason that someone would be asked to cease & desist. Which is what this sounds like. I suggest you stop trying to back her into a corner, just to put your minds at ease. There are ALWAYS 2 sides to every story.

I don't understand this whole "the sky is falling" attitude.:rolleyes:

I am sorry but....a few days ago you called RCCI customer service people all kind of names and now you are saying they are great....I am sorry Betty,I know you wish this was all over but...I find this all rather disturbing...and to be perfectly honest here....why should I trust RCCI ...I realise you are the victim in all this but...for you to say how great RCCI is now....sorry but that to me...says "paid off"....that must have been a considerable future cruise certificate.....you know my reasons for not being happy with RCCI...you and I have all ready discussed this,it really bugs me how RCCI..seem to look after their own...and to heck with people outwith US.

Obviously whatever happened was resolved and the explanation given to Betty was acceptable and reasonable. As for her statements that RCI has great guest services today but not then. If I remember correctly Betty never assailed the customer service group as a whole but those individuals she had originally dealt with. In fact she said that the second supervisor was actually very nice, understanding and working diligently to resolve the problem/issue. We will never know the whole story because RCI is not going to say anything further and Betty is not going to either. It was an unfortunate incident which has been resolved and other than worrying about my personal data being at risk we can only speculate and that won't get us very far.

Betty, glad you enjoyed Busch Gardens! You are truly a person to be admired for making lemonaide out of lemons :)

Can you at least give us advise on how not to find ourselves in the same position? I book my cruises from an internet site and am now concerned about fraud.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I am not an expert in fraud or anything of the sort.

If you believe fraud has been commited against you, I personally would try to get in contact with your credit card companies and fully verify the companies you do business with.

I am sure I am speaking for a lot of us with this. I do not like the secrecy with which Royal Caribbean is handling this. If there is a criminal investigation underway, that is one thing. If it's a "nondisclosure" thing, then shame on them.

If there is a risk out there about fraud, we want to know and we want to know how to protect ourselves.

She was very lucky she called and found out before arriving at the pier. Another family would have travelled a long way at great expense to be denied boarding. There is no excuse for this and an explanation is due.

Obviously whatever happened was resolved and the explanation given to Betty was acceptable and reasonable. As for her statements that RCI has great guest services today but not then. If I remember correctly Betty never assailed the customer service group as a whole but those individuals she had originally dealt with. In fact she said that the second supervisor was actually very nice, understanding and working diligently to resolve the problem/issue. We will never know the whole story because RCI is not going to say anything further and Betty is not going to either. It was an unfortunate incident which has been resolved and other than worrying about my personal data being at risk we can only speculate and that won't get us very far.

Betty, glad you enjoyed Busch Gardens! You are truly a person to be admired for making lemonaide out of lemons :)

I agree with what you say. Especially the part about RCI not going to say anything further and Betty not going to say anything further. The thing is though - when people have nothing to hide you usually get full disclosure. Situations where compensation is paid out in return for silence there is usually someone who WANTS silence for a REASON.

Again, I sail RCI and have been very pleased with my particular cruises to date. However, that doesn't mean that I don't think RCI has really messed up in the PR department here to try and cover things up.

The only thing that would make me change my mind is if I find out later that some kind of sting operation was being set up that full disclosure now would jeopordize (sp). And the full story comes out later.

• Administrators

We've kept this open pending the return of Bsan1221. She's returned, she's posted her response, and now we're closing the thread.

Laura

• Administrators

I was asked by Cruise Critic member Bsan1221 to post the following for her. It is posted verbatim, nothing has been changed:

"I have been asked to try clarifying and put some rumors to rest. I will try to do so without much detail because at this time I cannot.

I will state that RCI nor its agents where involved in the fraud that was committed against my family and myself. A third party who is NOT part of RCI committed the fraud. I am very appreciative to RCI for having Laura S. (Community Manager of CC) contact me so I in turn could contact RCI to assist me in resolving this issue when I thought it was an RCI matter. When it was clear that RCI was NOT involved in the fraud RCI assisted me in trying to figure out what actually went on. If they had not contacted me then I would have found out months’ later that my credit was most likely ruined and I would have fallen victim to what I believe would have been identity theft.

I have NOT been compensated by RCI in anyway and have kept quiet as per the instruction of my credit card company and credit bureau.

In regards to the original thread being taken down: I asked the moderators to take down the thread because it was apparent that RCI was not responsible for what had occurred. I in turn spoke to RCI and informed them that I was having the thread taken down and they agreed with my decision.

In regards to the original post referenced above, RCI asked Laura S. to post that statement so that we all may be aware of the different types of fraud committed.

Thank you,

Betty "

Archived