"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

Hi Radio,

This is my first experience with your reviews. I am glued to the PC.

I will be cruising on Grandeur of the Seas for the first time in October, 2014 and I appreciate this early experience.

Enjoy your vacation.

Bon Voyage Radio!

Happy that your cruise is finally here, and waiting very exited about the live thread on

the Grandeur. Pictures are great, thanks.

Question for you Radio,

How does the Baltimore port compares to Cape Liberty??

Is the boarding process the same, shuttled by bus to the ship, parking

being outside etc.

We have done quite a few cruises out of Cape Liberty but not Baltimore.

Just curios about the Baltimore cruise port.

Looking forward to the reports and photos in the next few days. :-)

We were on last weeks cruise to Bermuda. Check in at the Baltimore Port was a breeze, as was leaving this morning. We live 30 minutes from Cape Liberty, so usually sail from there.

Baltimore has a luggage drop off- before you park. They also make up luggage tags, if you do not have them. Once luggage is dropped off, you go to the parking area.

Pass through security, check in, and walk onto the ship.

Cape Liberty has improved over the years. There is also a major renovation to be done, so perhaps they will be able to do away with the bus.

I would cruise out of either port anytime....

Radio thanks so much for doing this. We are on the Nov 1st sailing and it's our first cruise. I'm so thrilled to see pictures and look forward to your recommendations!!!

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!

Wow. . .I am on the same sailing. . .That is the last sailing for Grandeur to Bermuda for 2013.

Radio

;);)

Subscribing to this thread. I stumbled across Radio's "Live from Explorer" this past April (I think.) at my desk during lunch one afternoon. It was a much-needed respite from the doldrums of early spring in upstate New York. Also, gave me a lot of information for my own Explorer to Bermuda cruise (August 17-22, 2013.) Looking forward to another "voyage" that will help me get through my return to real life (Meals to prepare! Bills to pay! Beds to make! Children fighting!) I wish you and Mrs. Radio a calm voyage and perpetually sunny skies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Bon Voyage Radio!

Happy that your cruise is finally here, and waiting very exited about the live thread on

the Grandeur. Pictures are great, thanks.

Question for you Radio,

How does the Baltimore port compares to Cape Liberty??

Is the boarding process the same, shuttled by bus to the ship, parking

being outside etc.

We have done quite a few cruises out of Cape Liberty but not Baltimore.

Just curios about the Baltimore cruise port.

Looking forward to the reports and photos in the next few days. :-)

I have cruised from both ports. Baltimore to me is by far easier and quicker. No shuttlebus and cost less. Cape Liberty is about 35 minutes from home, Baltimore about 3 hr. I would pick Baltimore any time! But of course I'm one to always drive to the port even Vancouver BC!

Hello everyone. . . Grandeur of the Seas pulled away from Cruise Maryland right at 4PM. She backed away from the Terminal and turned around in the basin and started heading down to the Bay where we should be sailing until around midnight. We are scheduled to drop off the pilot at the Cape Henry Pilot Station around 11:30 or so. We will then head ESE until we pick up our next Pilot on Sunday at about 1:30PM.

It only took 30 minutes for us to reach the Key Bridge, and we travelled under the Chesapeake Bay Bridges by about 6PM. We had a delightful dinner at Giavanni’s Table at 6:30. Wow it was very good and I recommend that you must dine there only if you have an empty tummy. . . We were both very full when we left, and I might be full until tomorrow night ! The restaurant was empty when we arrived, but it started to fill as we left.

My cabin is very nice, but I wish it wasn’t so far back. I am about 20 cabins from the Centrum elevators. I guess I can walk off a few pounds this week. . . The furnishings are all new. . .Even the bathroom have all new cabinets and sinks. I really love the high table on the Balcony. The Concierge and Diamond Manager left some very important papers for me to read along with our D+ Coupon books. This is a much better cabin than I had for my 1 night CTN last month (Inside Deck 8)

Here are a few pics from today. . .I am happy to report that that my connection speed with Royal Caribbean On Line (Wi-Fi) is very fast. . .Yes I said “Very Fast” and I love it. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

My Cabin was set up with important papers from different “Heads of State”

A25.JPG

My Deck 7 Cabin (D2) is very nice with all of the new furnishings. . .

A23.JPG

Hmm . . . I can even watch TV from the Press Room.

A24.JPG

OK. . . A cool breeze begins to calm my nerves. “Starbucks is IN the building”

A21.JPG

Let’s get the gangway up. . .It’s almost time to leave.

A20.JPG

The Pool Decks are alive with music as many passengers waiting for our

transit to Bermuda

A31.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .I think I may have to “Watch the News” for a little while.

More pics tomorrow !

Radio

Enchantment pulls away from the pier slowly

A30.JPG

Shortly after Sail away, we get ready to pass under the Key Bridge (I-695)

A32.JPG

Whoa, whoa. . .That seemed very close.

A33.JPG

My view from up in the Viking Crown Lounge

A35.JPG

We sail down the Bay at about 19kts

A37.JPG

We pass under the twin spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridges

A39.JPG

Hello everyone. . . Grandeur of the Seas pulled away from Cruise Maryland right at 4PM. She backed away from the Terminal and turned around in the basin and started heading down to the Bay where we should be sailing until around midnight. We are scheduled to drop off the pilot at the Cape Henry Pilot Station around 11:30 or so. We will then head ESE until we pick up our next Pilot on Sunday at about 1:30PM.

It only took 30 minutes for us to reach the Key Bridge, and we travelled under the Chesapeake Bay Bridges by about 6PM. We had a delightful dinner at Giavanni’s Table at 6:30. Wow it was very good and I recommend that you must dine there only if you have an empty tummy. . . We were both very full when we left, and I might be full until tomorrow night ! The restaurant was empty when we arrived, but it started to fill as we left.

My cabin is very nice, but I wish it wasn’t so far back. I am about 20 cabins from the Centrum elevators. I guess I can walk off a few pounds this week. . . The furnishings are all new. . .Even the bathroom have all new cabinets and sinks. I really love the high table on the Balcony. The Concierge and Diamond Manager left some very important papers for me to read along with our D+ Coupon books. This is a much better cabin than I had for my 1 night CTN last month (Inside Deck 8)

Here are a few pics from today. . .I am happy to report that that my connection speed with Royal Caribbean On Line (Wi-Fi) is very fast. . .Yes I said “Very Fast” and I love it. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

My Cabin was set up with important papers from different “Heads of State”

A25.JPG

My Deck 7 Cabin (D2) is very nice with all of the new furnishings. . .

A23.JPG

Hmm . . . I can even watch TV from the Press Room.

A24.JPG

OK. . . A cool breeze begins to calm my nerves. “Starbucks is IN the building”

A21.JPG

Let’s get the gangway up. . .It’s almost time to leave.

A20.JPG

The Pool Decks are alive with music as many passengers waiting for our

transit to Bermuda

A31.JPG

Very nice..

Even the carpet and curtains look new.

Wow, I'm impressed!!

I have cruised from both ports. Baltimore to me is by far easier and quicker. No shuttlebus and cost less. Cape Liberty is about 35 minutes from home, Baltimore about 3 hr. I would pick Baltimore any time! But of course I'm one to always drive to the port even Vancouver BC!

Thanks.

Archived