"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

Yay! So glad I had a chance to log in tonight. I knew you were going to treat us to another live thread. Guess I should not have been surprised by the 231 posts preceding mine, however!

All caught up and will check in daily now.

Enjoy your cruise, Radio and Mrs. Radio!

Grandeur is pretty small next to Norwegian, but no problem as I am sailing Grandeur in March 2014 from Baltimore. Thanks for the pictures and report about Bermuda if I ever want to go there. I hope you and your wife have a awesome time in Bermuda.

Grandeur is pretty small next to Norwegian, but no problem as I am sailing Grandeur in March 2014 from Baltimore. Thanks for the pictures and report about Bermuda if I ever want to go there. I hope you and your wife have a awesome time in Bermuda.

Stella, been on both, much prefer Grandeur. (YMMV)

Don't know what"YMMV" mean but I'm sure its a positive thing:). You might want to clue me in as I am new to this shorthand thing.

Sorry YMMV = Your Mileage Might Vary. Like the automobile commercials spouting their promises... I meant that I realize that was MY opinion, and you might not agree which is very fine! :)

This is my first Radio review and it's awesome of you to do this! I have to go hunt out your other ones now - something to read on my Labor Day.

It's awesome you got to dine with the Captain, is that partially due to your Diamond status?

And I see you posting a bunch about coffee - can you share the current prices at Starbucks?

If you have time, check out the Bermuda Arts Centre, near the Frog and Onion pub in Dockyard. Lots of wonderful local art, hand-made jewelry, etc. and you'll be supporting local working artists. It's one of our must-visit places in Bermuda, and where we buy most of our presents to take home.

Hello everyone . . . Good Morning and Welcome to Day 4 of “LIVE” from Grandeur of the Seas.

I woke up today with a very strong urge for getting a cup of coffee. (Who would have thought that?) I went up to the Concierge lounge on Deck 11. There was no one up there and I just relaxed and consumed a nice Americano` or two. The furnishings and views are very nice up there. The Diamond Lounge is much larger, but it can be very noisy. Both lounges are very comfortable though, and the coffee is very nice.

I have more places to go today than I have time . . . Several places will get missed, but I am sure we will see some beautiful sites and scenery. I will definitely make it to the South shore beaches, and maybe St. Georges Parish.

I think they may have small sail boat rentals at Snorkel Park Beach. . .Decisions, decisions. . . I have to think about this.

This make me think of the famous 3 Stooges Quote : "I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"

It’s time for breakfast soon. . .Then we will have a great day in Bermuda.

The forecast for today is Sunny skies, and warm temps (82)

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

I wake up to a beautiful morning in Bermuda

D1.JPG

The sun is rising strong over Grassy Bay in Bermuda

D2.JPG

The furnishing are very nice in the Concierge Lounge on Deck 11 D5.JPG

The Concierge Club is very quiet. . but a bit smaller than the Diamond Lounge

D6.JPG

It is very quiet and a very sleep Dockyard this morning

D8.JPG

There will be over 5000 passengers up and about very soon for a wonderful

day.

D7.JPG

Thank you for the on-going postings.

Since your all about your morning coffee, how does the specialty coffee machines in the DL and CL compare to Starbucks? I haven't had a chance to try out either lounge yet since they didn't have them on our last Grandeur cruise.

Thank you for the on-going postings.

Since your all about your morning coffee, how does the specialty coffee machines in the DL and CL compare to Starbucks? I haven't had a chance to try out either lounge yet since they didn't have them on our last Grandeur cruise.

They both compare wonderfully. . . Except it is tough ti find Half and Half. . . There are gallons if Non Dairy Creamer though . . . Argh . . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Forums mobile app

Fantastic review so far! Eagerly awaiting a report on your full day in Bermuda.

Would really like to see a pic of our "intrepid reporter" and his wife :) somewhere in your travels?!

So glad the weather is picture perfect! Enjoy your day ashore :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Great review Mark...looks like you and mrs.radio are having fun..weather is perfect..if you go to horseshoe ,can you find out if the chair rentls are available till the end of october? also if you go to snorkle park any info would be great..we cruise on EXoS in 55 days..thanks agian

Oh yeah one more thing...the Block Island Ferry in Bermuda...just wierd...or as you sw it as the Rhode Island Fast Ferry...i mean i know they call Block Island the Bermuda of the East..but ..really if we knew the ferry went all the way to Bermuda i think we would be going every weekend....:D

Archived