"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

Nice pickup on the stabilizer. I've never noticed that before, either in a photo, or while on a cruise!

I have been on a cruise using that southern channel, and the ship rocked quite a bit, sloshing a lot of water out of the pools. Maybe they figured that the stabilizers help with some of the sharp turns required to keep to the channel boundaries. See Radio's map below.

Theron

C12.JPG

C25.JPG

Loving your review, Radio!

We just returned yesterday from a 7 day Bermuda cruise on Celebrity Summit. You are having MUCH better weather in Bermuda than we had (lots of rain - downpours and thunder - last week) but our sea days had lovely weather.

We had a lot of issues with the Wi-Fi package in Dockyard. First, they were not selling 3 day passes at the building. We had to register and pay online for the service. Then, the connection was VERY spotty. It was really only reliable if we leaned with our backs up against the building. We could only connect intermittently around the dockyard, never from our balcony (too far forward), and only occasionally from the outdoor promenade on the 4th deck of the ship. (this was true for all four of us, on four different devices - we paid for 4 separate packages) We were rather disappointed, and even though the price was great, it was very frustrating.

Sorry YMMV = Your Mileage Might Vary. Like the automobile commercials spouting their promises... I meant that I realize that was MY opinion, and you might not agree which is very fine! :)

Haven't been on either. Looking forward to with much anticipation sailing on Grandeur. Will miss the Enchantment though now that it's moved to Florida. I'm thinking that Grandeur may be a lot like Enchantment in some ways. So it will be a pleasure I'm sure to go aboard in March.

Have you noticed if they are still working on water damaged cabins. I read after Granduer went back into service they were still redoing cabins.

Our cabin is no far from the back of the ship and I have wondered if it will be one of the ones that had to be refitted after the fire. An all new cabin would be nice. :)

Our cabin is no far from the back of the ship and I have wondered if it will be one of the ones that had to be refitted after the fire. An all new cabin would be nice. :)

Judy,

Ours is back there too and we're hoping the same thing.

Margee

Haven't been on either. Looking forward to with much anticipation sailing on Grandeur. Will miss the Enchantment though now that it's moved to Florida. I'm thinking that Grandeur may be a lot like Enchantment in some ways. So it will be a pleasure I'm sure to go aboard in March.

Stella, they are sister ships, very similar, though I've been on neither since modifications. EOTS was our first, three times on GOTS, including transatlantic. Love 'em both!

Nice pickup on the stabilizer. I've never noticed that before, either in a photo, or while on a cruise!

I have been on a cruise using that southern channel, and the ship rocked quite a bit, sloshing a lot of water out of the pools. Maybe they figured that the stabilizers help with some of the sharp turns required to keep to the channel boundaries. See Radio's map below.

Theron

Ha ha. . .Mrs. Radio picked up on that while I was taking the image.

We were both looking over the rail when she suggested" Hey, isn't that the Ship stabilizer ?" Wow. Mrs. Radio. . .you were right, I had never seen that before. I always knew about it, but the water was so clear we could see it.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . I got back at about 4 and have lots to write, and many photos to post. I just got back from dinner, and MUST catch Destination Dockyard (7-9) and the Centrum "WOW" show after that. . .

So it will take some time for my post from today. . . Stand By. . .

Images and commentary will be coming a little later.

Sorry for the delay. . .

Radio

;);)

GoPro Hero 3 mounted to my Scooter Helmet.

D10.JPG

Enjoying the post. I love to watch the live feed of the port on Port Fever this gives me a nice insight to all of the things going on besides using my imagination. Can't wait to cruise again it's been a while but, probably won't be until 2015. We must visit our DS stationed in Hawaii. :D Thanks for taking time from your vacation to do this.

Nancy

Radio, I see you have rented a scooter again. Just curious, did Mrs. Radio rent one and ride along with you or did she do her own thing?

Thanks for the review - I am loving it as always.

Loving the reviews also and showing them to my husband each evening.

On our second trip to Bermuda in 1995 (I was pregnant on our first trip in 1963 and wasn't going to try a scooter) my husband agreed that we could rent scooters but said I would have to have my own as he was not going to ride double. So I took my steel-toed boots (wore them actually and they set the metal detector off at the airport which puzzled me because I'd forgotten about them) and then he saw the damage on the bus windshields and chickened out. So we've never rented scooters.

Hello everyone. . . I had a very wonderful and very long day. Two nights are much too short for a stay in Bermuda. I think I would prefer at least 2 weeks. There are so many things to see and do while here. The weather was perfect today. It starting get a little cloudy once I got back to the pier.

I took Mrs. Radio over to see the beautiful Flatts Village and the Bermuda National Zoo and Aquarium. We had a great time wandering around and seeing all of the animals that were kept here. It was a little creepy as a small Lemur followed us around in the Madagascar exhibit.

The water was so beautiful in Flatts Village, and the time there was so serene and peaceful. It is a great area for photos.

We had to make it up to Horseshoe Bay beach, and the place was very very busy. I have never been here while it was so crowded. I guess the holiday week brought many people out like it did me. The water was clean and very warm. There was good music being played, and a lot of alcohol being served. We climbed up the cliffs for some nice views. A lot of Cruise Passengers were there, and they all seemed to be having a great time.

By the time I got back to the ship, it was almost time for dinner. We stepped up to the CL on Deck 11 for a quick refreshment. As I entered my key, the CL manager (Ruth) stopped me for an invite to the Officers Party (held for Suite Guests). We were not in a suite, and I guess because I was one of the few D+ guests onboard it would be nice to invite us. It was very nice to meet many of the Sr. Officers. RCI really loves the Suite passengers, and they want them to be very happy.

I was able to view the Centrum “Wow” show and at 10:45 I will be heading to the Tropical Deck Party up on Deck 9 (Pics tomorrow).

I will have to sleep soon, as I have to get to the shops tomorrow few a few quick things. . . Here are a few pics from today . . . Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

I seem to have to come to Flats Village whenever I am in Bermuda

D16.JPG

The water is so clear here. . .it appears that the boat is floating on air

D18.JPG

Many locals come here to relax or have a picnic.

D19.JPG

A small lemur follows us while in the Bermuda National Zoo

D20.JPG

A scenic rest area in the Zoo overlooks Harrington Sound

D21.JPG

These seals are having fun and relaxing at the Zoo. . .

D22.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

On the way to the South Shore Beaches we stopped to view the picturesque John Smith’s Bay beach

D23.JPG

Rip Currents at Horseshoe Bay Beach ? Oh My. . .

D24.JPG

Horseshoe Bay Beach was packed. . .

D25.JPG

You could tell by the beach towels that most of these sun lovers were Cruise

passengers

D27.JPG

The views of the water is nice up on the cliffs

D28.JPG

Low tide allowed us to walk inside the Horseshoe Beach caves.

D29.JPG

Archived