New Captains Club Level

diligaf51

This formula would create even more Elites -

Currently there are too many Elites - There must be a reduction [cull].

As previously posted a fair method would be only for actual days cruised with Celebrity to be counted. Plus when achieving Diamond with RCL the automatic attainment of Elite with Celebrity should end.:)

Celebrity is not going to Cull elites....it just won't happen....forget the idea. It would be just be an incredibly bad marketing decision.

Edited by ghstudio

Celebrity is not going to Cull elites....it just won't happen....forget the idea. It would be just be an incredibly bad marketing decision.

On a personal note, I just wish Celebrity will be fair and do the decent thing by only counting the actual sea days with Celebrity to achieve Elite, rather than a small number of short RCL/Celebrity Cruises.

One lives in hope that Celebrity will be fair to all Cruisers.

On a personal note, I just wish Celebrity will be fair and do the decent thing by only counting the actual sea days with Celebrity to achieve Elite, rather than a small number of short RCL/Celebrity Cruises.

One lives in hope that Celebrity will be fair to all Cruisers.

We all hope that Celebrity does what is fair to all, but that doesn't mean they have to count actual sea days, they can do it with points by adding one or two more tiers.

We all hope that Celebrity does what is fair to all, but that doesn't mean they have to count actual sea days, they can do it with points by adding one or two more tiers.

Question: What is the rationale in stating that one agrees that Celebrity should be fair to all by adding additional 'point' tiers. But Celebrity should not count, or take into consideration, the actual seas days accrued by loyal Celebrity cruisers.

For my part, a single cruise can be taken with any number of days.

Question: What is the rationale in stating that one agrees that Celebrity should be fair to all by adding additional 'point' tiers. But Celebrity should not count, or take into consideration, the actual seas days accrued by loyal Celebrity cruisers.

For my part, a single cruise can be taken with any number of days.

I don't think that counting days is the only option. I think it should be considered, just like keeping points. I don't believe, like you, that the current Elites have to be culled. I think anyone who is Elite or very close, should stay Elite (which would be fair to everyone), thus they could add a couple of tiers and give additional perks or change around the perks (which wouldn't be accepted very well, but would be accepted better than someone being culled out). But if they must cull Elites, I would like to see Celebrity, drop off cruisers who haven't cruised in many years that are Elites and drop them down a tier or two, not ones who are continually cruising with them. I just don't think it should take a customer a "lifetime" to become Elite status.

I don't think that counting days is the only option. I think it should be considered, just like keeping points. I don't believe, like you, that the current Elites have to be culled. I think anyone who is Elite or very close, should stay Elite (which would be fair to everyone), thus they could add a couple of tiers and give additional perks or change around the perks (which wouldn't be accepted very well, but would be accepted better than someone being culled out). But if they must cull Elites, I would like to see Celebrity, drop off cruisers who haven't cruised in many years that are Elites and drop them down a tier or two, not ones who are continually cruising with them. I just don't think it should take a customer a "lifetime" to become Elite status.

Would you consider any D's or D+'s with RCL do not automatically achieve Elite with Celebrity? As this would reward loyal Celebrity Cruisers. :)

Your point regarding suffer a loss of status is a fair one, because some airlines already do this.:)

Also consider that any person who are already Elite remain Elite, then gaining points/days based on say 140 actual sea days to achieve the tipping point of 141 days for Elite Plus. Then with, say VIP, at 175 days, as per RCL.

But only Elite Plus or VIP get the Lounge and/or vouchers.;)

Would you consider any D's or D+'s with RCL do not automatically achieve Elite with Celebrity? As this would reward loyal Celebrity Cruisers. :)

Your point regarding suffer a loss of status is a fair one, because some airlines already do this.:)

Also consider that any person who are already Elite remain Elite, then gaining points/days based on say 140 actual sea days to achieve the tipping point of 141 days for Elite Plus. Then with, say VIP, at 175 days, as per RCL.

But only Elite Plus or VIP get the Lounge and/or vouchers.;)

Yes, I would think it would be okay not to give D's and D+'s automatic Elite status. Maybe they give them 1 voucher a day to be used in the bars, instead of inviting them to the Elite cocktail party.

I really don't think one is a loyal customer if they are not using the product for 5 or 10 years, so why continue to reward them, if they decide to come back.

I think 140 points is a lot for new customers (something Celebrity is looking for) and existing passengers - that is 10 14 day cruises or 20 7 day cruises. Using these number, a customer, who can only take 1 7 day cruise a year, but is loyal to Celebrity, would not become Elite for 20 years. That is totally unrealistic, if a company wants to keep their customers coming back. If I thought that my loyality, after 10 years meant nothing to a company, I would find another way to spend my money.

I know I will not be very popular in saying this, but I think they could rearrange the perks. They could give 1 or 2 voucher for drinks to Elites and have the cocktail party for Elite+ and up. They could give 90 free minutes of internet to Elite and 150 to Elite+. They could give Elite+ a free dinner in alternative restaurant. For VIP it could be, in addition to what other receive, free tips, free shore excursion, extra internet minutes.

Celebrity is on a slippery slope, they want to change their program so it doesn't break the bank, but they have to do it so they don't lose customers. They also can't make a program that makes it seem to the customer that the top tiers are not reachable.

:eek:

Yes, I would think it would be okay not to give D's and D+'s automatic Elite status. Maybe they give them 1 voucher a day to be used in the bars, instead of inviting them to the Elite cocktail party.

I really don't think one is a loyal customer if they are not using the product for 5 or 10 years, so why continue to reward them, if they decide to come back.

I think 140 points is a lot for new customers (something Celebrity is looking for) and existing passengers - that is 10 14 day cruises or 20 7 day cruises. Using these number, a customer, who can only take 1 7 day cruise a year, but is loyal to Celebrity, would not become Elite for 20 years. That is totally unrealistic, if a company wants to keep their customers coming back. If I thought that my loyality, after 10 years meant nothing to a company, I would find another way to spend my money.

I know I will not be very popular in saying this, but I think they could rearrange the perks. They could give 1 or 2 voucher for drinks to Elites and have the cocktail party for Elite+ and up. They could give 90 free minutes of internet to Elite and 150 to Elite+. They could give Elite+ a free dinner in alternative restaurant. For VIP it could be, in addition to what other receive, free tips, free shore excursion, extra internet minutes.

Celebrity is on a slippery slope, they want to change their program so it doesn't break the bank, but they have to do it so they don't lose customers. They also can't make a program that makes it seem to the customer that the top tiers are not reachable.

:eek: We agree Celebrity it is on a very slippery slope!! We have been trying other cruise lines. In May we did a 7 day Alaska cruise with another cruise line, and will be leaving for another cruise, on another line, in 8 days. Last year these cruises would have been on a Celebrity ship!! :eek:

Edited by willie2845

Thank you for this! It is a well reasoned point of view!:)

So what time frame do you suggest - One club grade reduction per two years without a booking?

Okay, then let us make Elite value of an actual 71 Celebrity days with Elite+ requiring 141 Celebrity days.:)

Well said - Let us agree to make it one voucher for the sake of this discussion.:)

Thank you!:)

Celebrity; as you read this thread and posts, kindly give it some thought, its is a well reasoned debate of some substance. The introduction of the tiers indicated above, will reward loyal Celebrity Cruisers and save the Company $$

Also, those in the Lounge will know all the assembled have paid their Celebrity dues, same being earned and not the D and D+ RCL transferred in with zero days, but demanding "give me the Celebrity freebies!"

Edited by PORT ROYAL

But if they must cull Elites, I would like to see Celebrity, drop off cruisers who haven't cruised in many years that are Elites and drop them down a tier or two, not ones who are continually cruising with them. I just don't think it should take a customer a "lifetime" to become Elite status.

So someone has a death in the family, or job loss, and does not have the finances to cruise every few months, you feel they are not worthy of the same level as the wealthy are? Sad outlook on the lifes of your fellow man. Sad:(

If Celebrity follows your advice they will indeed be on a slippery slope. If Celebrity does not carryover my D+ level to the highest Captain's Club Level then my future crusies will indeed slip to a different cruise line. Celebrity knows the D+ cruisers are valuable sources of income and hopefully they will do the smart thing to keep us on their ships.

:eek:

:eek: We agree Celebrity it is on a very slippery slope!! We have been trying other cruise lines. In May we did a 7 day Alaska cruise with another cruise line, and will be leaving for another cruise, on another line, in 8 days. Last year these cruises would have been on a Celebrity ship!! :eek:

Sorry, but after 276 days on Celebrity, you went with a different line over what:confused: :eek:Please, Celebrity and some of us on here are not that thick headed.

If Celebrity follows your advice they will indeed be on a slippery slope. If Celebrity does not carryover my D+ level to the highest Captain's Club Level then my future crusies will indeed slip to a different cruise line. Celebrity knows the D+ cruisers are valuable sources of income and hopefully they will do the smart thing to keep us on their ships.

So, it appears by your premise, that one should select a cruise because of a perceived status level, or the perks it brings, and not for a beautiful ship, great food/service, or the wonderful itinerary?:rolleyes:

Edited by PORT ROYAL

So someone has a death in the family, or job loss, and does not have the finances to cruise every few months, you feel they are not worthy of the same level as the wealthy are? Sad outlook on the lifes of your fellow man. Sad:(

Where did I say that someone has to cruise every few months or where did I refer to those not wealthy? Please don't put words in my mouth. If you read my post, I said that I didn't think it was fair to make someone who can only take 1 7 day cruise a year, wait for 20 years to become elite. I just think that if someone doesn't use a product in 5 or 10 years, they are not loyal customers. Not sure why your are so upset, if you disagree, that is fine, but no need to get snarky.

Where did I say that someone has to cruise every few months or where did I refer to those not wealthy? Please don't put words in my mouth. If you read my post, I said that I didn't think it was fair to make someone who can only take 1 7 day cruise a year, wait for 20 years to become elite. I just think that if someone doesn't use a product in 5 or 10 years, they are not loyal customers. Not sure why your are so upset, if you disagree, that is fine, but no need to get snarky.

Airlines have levels and to maintain them you must travel with them so many miles with in a year. If you don't travel with them for 18 months you back to zero. So as a cruiseline you would have to cruise every 18 months to maintain your level. If not you will start over. Or drop down 1 level each 18 months that you don't take 1 cruise. Richard

Sorry your post struck a thread when you said "I would like to see Celebrity, drop off cruisers who haven't cruised in many years that are Elites and drop them down a tier or two," Loyality is long term, the level is there to hit or miss, no matter how long it takes. This Nov will be 21 years that it took us to make it to fullfill the requirements for the Elite level. But under your wishes we would be "drop off cruisers who haven't cruised in many years" again, your thoughts not mine.

So, it appears by your premise, that one should select a cruise because of a perceived status level, or the perks it brings, and not for a beautiful ship, great food/service, or the wonderful itinerary?:rolleyes:

I can find beautiful ships, great itineraries, gerat food and service on Celebrity as well as other cruise lines. It's the perks that will keep me cruising on Celebrity.

Sorry your post struck a thread when you said "I would like to see Celebrity, drop off cruisers who haven't cruised in many years that are Elites and drop them down a tier or two," Loyality is long term, the level is there to hit or miss, no matter how long it takes. This Nov will be 21 years that it took us to make it to fullfill the requirements for the Elite level. But under your wishes we would be "drop off cruisers who haven't cruised in many years" again, your thoughts not mine.

Was that an apology?

The poster mentioned 5 or 10 years -

Let us say 10 years, then your critique will be a criticism for the sake of criticism.

Airlines have levels and to maintain them you must travel with them so many miles with in a year. If you don't travel with them for 18 months you back to zero. So as a cruiseline you would have to cruise every 18 months to maintain your level. If not you will start over. Or drop down 1 level each 18 months that you don't take 1 cruise. Richard

Why does it have to be 18 months; the cruise lines don't have to follow the airline's programs.

I would say if someone doesn't cruise on Celebrity in 5 years, they should be dropped by 1 tier and if they don't cruise with Celebrity in 10 years, then they should lose all their points.

Why did you change "in many years" to mean every few months? Yes, loyalty is long term and in my opinion if someone doesn't use a product in many, many years (notice, again I didn't say every few months), then they are not loyal, in my opinion. I would agree, if you haven't cruise in 5 years, then I feel you should be dropped down a level and if you haven't cruise in 10 years should have to start at classic. Sorry, if you don't like my opinion.

Many companies don't let their tier status last for years, you have to re-qualify if you don't use them on some sort of regular basis. At Total Rewards, you have to re-qualify for the next year and all points are deleted if you don't go into one of their casinos every 6 months. Airlines make you re-qualify every year, as do many other companies. I am in no way saying people have to re-qualify, in as you said I did "every few months", just that I don't feel those that don't use Celebrity on a somewhat regular basis should not be able to keep their tier status.

I would agree, if you haven't cruise in 5 years, then I feel you should be dropped down a level and if you haven't cruise in 10 years should have to start at classic. Sorry, if you don't like my opinion.

just that I don't feel those that don't use Celebrity on a somewhat regular basis should not be able to keep their tier status.

And this was again what struck the cord in my orginal statement. A person that has to take care of a sick parent or family member that cant take a vacation for 5 or 10 years should be kicked to the curb can cast out of the 'CLUB' of the loyal.

And this was again what struck the cord in my orginal statement. A person that has to take care of a sick parent or family member that cant take a vacation for 5 or 10 years should be kicked to the curb can cast out of the 'CLUB' of the loyal.

In my opinion, yes they sould be dropped down a tier if not cruised in 5 years and dropped to Select if not cruised in 10. Sorry it struck a cord with you, but many major business consider loyality to be a customer that uses their products.