New Captains Club Level

diligaf51

After wading through these endless threads speculating and whining on about the reward system Celebrity generously offers I think too many forget.

The first rule of being Elite is: You do not talk about the ELITE CLUB.

FWIW

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about the ELITE CLUB.

:cool::cool::D

Edited by A Sixth?

No need to cringe, we are all just voicing opinions and as everyone knows will not have a thing to do with what Celebrity will do. One poster is set on culling the number of Elites (he wanted to set Elite's new days sailed at 140, which would, in my opinion, severely punish a lot of Elite passengers who cruise regularly by knocking them down to Select). I think I came up with a fair way to do it, by reducing the tiers of those that don't cruise on Celebrity for many years, which would not hurt Celebrity's current loyal customers. So in essence, it is all just fun and games for some to try to come up with a program even though we have not control or input on what is going to happen. And, yes, you are correct, Celebrity knows best and I'm sure they will come up with a model that they feel will bring them the most revenue, whether we like it or not.

I know it they are just opinions, and I doubt Celebrity will utilize them much if at all. Just as people have a right to express their opinions, I suppose I have a right to cringe as I read them. Personally I do not like it when somebody in the loyalty program seems judge another in the loyalty program as unworthy.

In part, the question arises what is a valued and/or loyal customer? Perhaps the corporation's definition (and mine) is simply broader than the definition of others.

By many people's definition, I am not loyal. I generally cruise three different lines (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and NCL), and I try to mix them up so I will not get bored with menus, shows, activities, style, and so on. This year, I am taking two cruises on each of those three lines. I am at high levels in each "loyalty" program. Is 24 days this year on Celebrity a loyal customer? since I sail other lines, some might say "no", but as I have more than enough captains club credits, I do not wish fellow passengers to attempt to pass judgement my status during the the cocktail hour.

The main reason we are loyal to X is the crew and the perks. I think the perks are the best in the industry. We often sail on cruises with many elites and over crowding has been a problem. We enjoy the lounge more than drink vouchers.

Perfectly ok to use you drink vouchers in the lounge. Those that do seem to be a bit more conversational and you get the best of both...the lounge is less crowded because many elites are elsewhere with their vouchers but those "who remember the good old days pre vouchers" go to the same old watering hole:)

Okay, let's end this. Here's what they should do: Invite me and my DW along with 9 other selected cruisers and spouses or significant other to be their guests on a cruise. The group will meet with high ranking decision makers from Celebrity and be charged with creating new loyalty program. The meetings can be held in my gratis PH Suite to ensure privacy. Figure that this will take 10 to 11 days to complete our work since we should be meeting for about an hour each day. Celebrity's loyalty program questions will be finally answered and they can always use the group as the defense for any attacks.
I will also, under these same terms, volunteer to give some of my time each day to help create a successful new program.

LMAO!

In part, the question arises what is a valued and/or loyal customer? Perhaps the corporation's definition (and mine) is simply broader than the definition of others.

By many people's definition, I am not loyal. I generally cruise three different lines (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and NCL), and I try to mix them up so I will not get bored with menus, shows, activities, style, and so on. This year, I am taking two cruises on each of those three lines. I am at high levels in each "loyalty" program. Is 24 days this year on Celebrity a loyal customer? since I sail other lines, some might say "no", but as I have more than enough captains club credits, I do not wish fellow passengers to attempt to pass judgement my status during the the cocktail hour.

Or possibly the corporate definition (and mine) is simply looking more toward rewarding those who cruise with the line on a regular basis.

I personally think that any number of days on one cruise line per years is loyal; it shouldn't matter how many other cruise lines you want to cruise with. I also cruise different lines (Celebrity, Crystal and NCL) and if I didn't cruise one of them for, say, five years, I would not have a problem if they determined that I was not as loyal to them as others and choose to change what status I am with them. Just like the airlines, I didn't travel as much on one airline (I am now gold), this year and now next year, I'm starting all over again. No problem for me and I will still be a good customer (a good airline means more than just perks to me). Who would pass judgement on your particular status, unless you mention it no one would know it. Not to mention, I don't really think that people sit around at the cocktail hour talking about what other people are doing, unless that person happens to bring it up.

Sorry our speculating hit you the wrong way in thinking we are judging your loyalty, it was not intended to do so. We are just voicing our opinions, like you always voice yours. Posters come on here always complaining about too many Elites (funny, there wasn't too many when they became Elite) and we are just suggesting different things to rectify the issue.

I will also, under these same terms, volunteer to give some of my time each day to help create a successful new program.

LMAO!

Just a note of caution:

The last group of people involved in designing the program were all forced to walk the plank... :cool:

Just a note of caution:

The last group of people involved in designing the program were all forced to walk the plank... :cool:

Arno you should know that the plank area has been converted to high income producing Suites.

Funny? My suggestion is quite serious! As I long time poster you are aware that humor (humour) is not to be tolerated on these boards.

LOL! Then I will in no way let other cruisers determine the program without me, too many people have their own agendas at heart, so you will have to put me on the list. But rest assured that I will show my humor at these meetings, because I believe you have to have fun in your life or you have no life.

BTW, I don't need a suite, a simple Concierge Class cabin will do for me. I will require, however, a dinner at Qsine (so much fun), a seat at the best looking officer's table and please, please don't start the meetings too early and don't let them run over 2 hours.

Or possibly the corporate definition (and mine) is simply looking more toward rewarding those who cruise with the line on a regular basis....

Sorry our speculating hit you the wrong way in thinking we are judging your loyalty, it was not intended to do so. We are just voicing our opinions, like you always voice yours. Posters come on here always complaining about too many Elites (funny, there wasn't too many when they became Elite) and we are just suggesting different things to rectify the issue.

I did not personally feel judged, nor do I have a thin skin that would allow me to take Internet posts personally.

you and I agree on much, but I do not agree that cruise programs should be compared to airline loyalty programs. though both travel, their revenue models are too, too different to judge or reward loyalty in the same manner, IMHO.

I made Elite on Celebrity before I reached an upper tier in any other line, even though I had fewer Celebrity cruises than another line. giving double points for concierge class makes it very easy to make elite. It seemed to easy to me (then and now). since I have captains club credits, I personally am unlikey to elicit sighs or judgments from other passengers, but sadly people admitted via reciprocity may get different treatment. i have seen it on Celebrity as well as on these boards. Mind you, I was treated fine as an elite using royal Caribbean diamond benefits, so from my perspective, the treatment seems unilateral, unkind and unnecessary. the corporation has made a business decision to offer reciprocity to keep guests under the corporate umbrella, and I find it presumptuous for another guest to second guess that corporate decision.

Edited by Starry Eyes

No one has mentioned as yet the key to the exclusive Elite+ washroom..

YES, YES, YES! An Elite+ washroom! A place where there will be an attendant who will hand-dry one's fingers (wouldn't want to spread that nasty norovirus)...a place where iced lemon flowered water would flow...a place where all the "thrones" would be soft cushioned and resplendant in gold and jewels...and a place of solace, to escape the maddening crowd that isn't afforded this luxury.

THIS is my dream, THIS is the ultimate, THIS is nonsense...

It is my understanding that the first, new, higher new level, Perfect, (you heard it here first!!), will have new electronic room cards that will momentarily dim the lights as you walk from venue to venue to alert others of your arrival. The top new level, flawless, cards will interrupt the music long enough to play a short fanfare heralding your arrival. By the way, they are also renaming select to special. Those who are not special will just have to start sentences with "I'm not special, but....."

I did not personally feel judged, nor do I have a thin skin that would allow me to take Internet posts personally.

you and I agree on much, but I do not agree that cruise programs should be compared to airline loyalty programs. though both travel, their revenue models are too, too different to judge or reward loyalty in the same manner, IMHO.

I made Elite on Celebrity before I reached an upper tier in any other line, even though I had fewer Celebrity cruises than another line. giving double points for concierge class makes it very easy to make elite. It seemed to easy to me (then and now). since I have captains club credits, I personally am unlikey to elicit sighs or judgments from other passengers, but sadly people admitted via reciprocity may get different treatment. i have seen it on Celebrity as well as on these boards. Mind you, I was treated fine as an elite using royal Caribbean diamond benefits, so from my perspective, the treatment seems unilateral, unkind and unnecessary. the corporation has made a business decision to offer reciprocity to keep guests under the corporate umbrella, and I find it presumptuous for another guest to second guess that corporate decision.

By Elites saying that it was too easy then and now, it is putting the same judgement on the loyalty of those that just made Elite or are very close, in my opinion. Seems they are saying that they are more loyal, so they should get additional perks than those that they feel got it to easily. So I guess it goes both ways.

Since I have only cruised once (my first cruise ever) on Royal Caribbean and at this point have no plans to cruise with them, I can't address anything that has to do with their treatment on Celebrity or vice a versa.

I could really care less what perks others get, I only care about what I get and I could give a rats behind what others think about what I am getting. Life is too short to worry about what someone else thinks about what I'm getting or what someone else is getting. Sorry, you find my opinions presumptuous, but I've personally never been the kind of person that just sits back and not voice my opinions on what I feel is wrong and/or what changes I feel should be made to enhance something. What I find sad are those that don't challenge companies, rules, etc., because they are willing to just settle.

I have never sailed on P&O.

It is impossible to have 2501+ points in 3 years!

Even if you sailed EVERY single day that is 1095:confused:

Can you please clarify?

My apologies, the loyalty levels with P&O are calculated by days at sea, for which you received 10 points per day.

You gain you 250+ days over a number of years, its only the top 2 tiers that you have to keep up your day count to stay in.

Sorry for any confusion - not meant to be mis-leading :)

Lou

Okay, let's end this. Here's what they should do: Invite me and my DW along with 9 other selected cruisers and spouses or significant other to be their guests on a cruise. The group will meet with high ranking decision makers from Celebrity and be charged with creating new loyalty program. The meetings can be held in my gratis PH Suite to ensure privacy. Figure that this will take 10 to 11 days to complete our work since we should be meeting for about an hour each day. Celebrity's loyalty program questions will be finally answered and they can always use the group as the defense for any attacks.

I love your plan and as long as they have a token Aussie couple (my wife and I ) along I am all for it.:D

My apologies, the loyalty levels with P&O are calculated by days at sea, for which you received 10 points per day.

You gain you 250+ days over a number of years, its only the top 2 tiers that you have to keep up your day count to stay in.

Sorry for any confusion - not meant to be mis-leading :)

Lou

How many points do you get for a day in Port?:rolleyes:

There are not just one but two hand sanitisers in that bathroom.:D

That is correct. One is specifically designed for the right hand, the other for the left. Or more correctly the starboard sanitizer and the port sanitizer.

That is correct. One is specifically designed for the right hand, the other for the left. Or more correctly the starboard sanitizer and the port sanitizer.

LOL, they also have two toilet paper dispensors, one on the starboard side and the other port side of the cubicle. That is just in case the butler is busy in the other cubicle.:eek:

Edited by MicCanberra

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet as we have been on Summit for the past 2 weeks.

Last night the Captain's Club Hostess, Mellissa Snow, announced that there will be 2 new levels added above Elite to the Captain's Club Loyalty Program and this will be done by the end of this year.

She had no other details to share with us at the time.