Switching to a different cruise

beamqueen

Hi everyone-

I apologize if this is an easy to find answer but a couple searches have not found me exactly what I am looking for. My fiance and I have a cruise booked next June to Alaska on the Miracle. My fiance just got a job as a pilot and it doesn't look like he will be able to take as many days off for our honeymoon as we originally planned. We discussed possibly switching to a 3-5 day cruise to the Caribbean or Mexico. I am just wondering if this is possible to do? Does Carnival charge a change fee or anything of that sort? We booked with a travel agent if that matters. We have not yet booked any airfare, excursions or anything and have just paid the initial deposit.

Thanks in advance, you have all been so helpful here when we have been planning our honeymoon!

First thing is,,, all communications have to go thru your TA. You are the TA's customer, not the cruiselines.

Having said that, it depends on the terms and conditions of your contract with your TA.

Basically, you have to cancel your current cruise, then book another. I don't think there are any costs right now by canceling your cruise, however, your TA may impose some charges.

Thanks! I really want to go on a cruise for our honeymoon so we are hoping to find something that works! I have only cruised once (Fascination in 2007) but I fell in love and have been wanting to get on another ship. Even if we can't go on the Alaskan itinerary we picked, we would be on a ship and that would be fabulous.

My wife and I booked a cruise for December of 2013 and ended up completely changing it and moving it into the fall of 2012. We were booked early saver since we booked so far in advance.

The agent at Carnival (we booked direct) was able to change our reservation from Conquest to Valor in one, 10 minute phone call. The only cost to us was the $50/pp change fee, which is incurred under Early Saver if changes are made.

It can be done.

We did not book early saver. I realize there may be a change fee which we are okay with. We are just hoping to not have to cancel completely and still enjoy our honeymoon!

Congrats to your fiance on the new job and congrats on the up on the wedding.

Since you didn't book early saver then you should be able to change for no cost from CCL. If you TA charges fees then you might be out something.

If there is a charge most TA's will waive that if you rebook another cruise with them.

Notice I said most.

Bill

I changed cruises last year. Booked through a TA with past guest rate. Because I changed within the same line, there was no charge from Carnival or the TA. They just switched to the ship and sailing date we needed. Took about 15 minutes. Good luck and congrats on the wedding and your fiance's new job!

Archived