Just Home From Enchantment Re-launch

I just got home from the 2 night on Enchantment and am exhausted! Overall the trip was worth flying cross country for. The EN was always my favorite of the Vision class ships and I've gotten to know quite a few of her crew over the years. It was nice to see her looking so new. All of the major public areas were totally redone. The major additions beside the bungee and second pool were a Concierge lounge, Bolero's and Chops is now in the area that once was the Fascinating Rythms Lounge behind the Schooner. I was in a D1 cabin on deck 7 in the old section and the cabin had new carpet, drapes and bedding. There was still a fair amount of work being done while we sailed. We boarded on Sun and the pool deck was closed, however it open yesterday and they had a very nice poolside BBQ and party while we watched the NYC fireworks. Some of the cabins were also under construction and it seemed there were workers tine tuning something in most areas. I expect the work to be ongoing to some extent for the next month or 3 weeks at the earliest. Overall the ship has been brought more upscale in it's decor and is very similiar to the Radiance class ships now.

I'm only home for 2 days before I leave on Pride of America's 2 night preview cruise. I'll try to get pics posted before I leave on Friday.

Ericknow32-- I was originally told while on the Mariner's pre-inaugural cruise in Nov. 2003 that the plan was to stretch all of the Vision class ships. The original plan was to add the mid section and hinge the bow with hydraulics so it could be "flipped back" to allow a transit thru the Canal. The bow project was not carried out on the Enchantment--most likely because she'll stay in the Caribbean. I don't know the time line for any of the other projects, but RCI wants to bring the "older" ships up to date with the Voyager and Radiance class in terms of decor and amenities. My guess would be the Majesty would be the next ship scheduled for a facelift then the other vision class. I will say that after being on both the Monarch and Sovereign re-launch cruises, the Enchantment was the most complete. Although work was being done on our sailing it was nowhere near the degree of the previous 2 ships.

While on Grandeur in September '04, the Captain said that Grandeur was being streched in the fall of 2007.... At least that were the plans at that time.

The Captain was very nice...He spoke to be for about 15 minutes during the Diamand C/A party....

Any pics of the new Enchantment yet ?

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,, I'm going to drop off my film this afternoon and will try to get some pics online before I leave for Pride of America on Friday. I'm still pretty tired from this trip and have laundry and work to catch up on. The only area that I felt didn't live up to it's hype was the Spash Zone-- to me it seemed like nothing more than a fountain for the kids to play in, however at night it did look very nice.

The Captain of the Grandeur said last week they weren't sure when or if the Grandeur would be stretched. (Maybe it depends on how many propulsion motors he burns up or docks he runs into. LOL)

You made me choke on my coffee with that one!

With all of the extensive rennovation projects they've been doing-- all of which have gone over budget by major dollars. I'm sure the schedule has been modified somewhat. My RCI Rep told me the board of directors are waiting for the line to recoup some of the money before they approve any further projects, hence the Majesty isn't scheduled for any major work at this time.

With all of the extensive rennovation projects they've been doing-- all of which have gone over budget by major dollars. I'm sure the schedule has been modified somewhat. My RCI Rep told me the board of directors are waiting for the line to recoup some of the money before they approve any further projects, hence the Majesty isn't scheduled for any major work at this time.
I really don't think it will take that long. The cruise industry is making money hand over fist.

Hey, Bob, I KNEW we could count on you! I'm glad to hear good stuff about the Enchantment, and nodding like the mother that I am ("I told you so") that I booked us for mid-August - I'm referencing your statement that there will probably be three more weeks of continuing work. July cruisers, you were warned! ;)

Can't wait for those photos, and I KNOW that you'll get them online before leaving on your next jaunt! Want me to come over and finish your laundry for you? ;)

Carol

Radio,, I'm going to drop off my film this afternoon and will try to get some pics online before I leave for Pride of America on Friday. I'm still pretty tired from this trip and have laundry and work to catch up on. The only area that I felt didn't live up to it's hype was the Spash Zone-- to me it seemed like nothing more than a fountain for the kids to play in, however at night it did look very nice.

Film? You're still using film? :D

If you're going to keep doing these re-launch cruise things maybe we'll all have to chip in and get you an inexpesive digital camera so you can get those pictures online so much easier. ;)

Doug- yes film. I have a digital camera but never use it. I prefer to shoot with film and have the pics put on CD at time of developing. Sounds old fashioned I know, but I like have negatives and the flexability of film especially in the cases where I have pics I want to enlarge for framing.

With 1 hour developing there's no more of a wait than with digital.. my problem is finding time to get the pics up on webshots before I leave again tomorrow. :-)

Merion_Mom... I may need to take you up on that laundry offer-- I still haven't gotten to that part yet and I leave in the morning... LOL

Archived