to Nook or not to Nook

momof3terriers

Just wondering, I am bringing a regular book. Don't plan on reading a bunch of books only by the pool. Also afraid of so many people on board my Nook would come up missing if I take a dip.

Husband is bringing his, said he might only read one book but he likes his Nook.

What do you bring?

I am bringing my Kindle and my wife is bringing her Nook. There is a great program that can change formats between the two, in case we want to share a book.

We plan to spend time on our balcony, so it is not a problem. We are going on a 31 day cruise with 13 sea days interspersed, so a lot of reading time.

I've left my Kindle when I go in the pool, but I put it in the small tote I bring while I'm gone and stick it under my chair Usually, but not always, my DH is right there anyway, so I don't worry about it much.

I also don't spend much time in the pool--usually it's just to cool off. While I think you would probably be ok leaving it out of sight, things can happen; it has to be up to your comfort level.

Since I read multiple books on the plane and on the ship, the Kindle has been wonderful. I also sometimes get books at the ship library.

On my last two cruises (one before e-readers), I took a book each time. I don't think I read more than about 20 pages each time. I love to people watch and airports and cruise ships are great places to do that. I also love to sit and watch the ocean and can do it for hours.

I still prefer a REAL book, with pages! I can stick my seapass in it, to use as a bookmark...and a book (a real one) is a handy place to stash cash or credit card while ashore!

I still like real books better too. But, for someone like me, who normally reads several books a week, and more on a cruise, an ebook really is so much easier than packing several books. Libraries on ships are iffy. I still bring one 'emergency' book in case the Kindle dies! Something fat.

Archived