Booking for a month away- am I crazy!?

dkc1973

I can get a great deal for a cruise as a single but its only about a months notice. I have the vacation time, the $$, etc.

Is there any big downside I should know about to booking that soon?

My brother just called. He just booked, taking advantage of the no single supplement, and he is sailing in 13 days! Have fun!

Your crazy so am I!!! :eek: LOL. We booked last years on a Wednesday and left on a Saturday. I gave me less time to read anything on these boards, LOL. I tend to become a little obsessive with reading and googling and reading and googling more, so it was great!

We just made final payment and right before I was about to change it to a earlier cruise but couldn't find anyone to stay with my son and the dogs.

Happy Cruising!

Last year booked 6 months in advance this year 8 months because we fly on Airmiles so gotta get flights way ahead.

But 2015 I wanna book flights to Ft Lauderdale.

We want to book the cruise while on the ground in Ft Lauderdale and see what''s leaving within a couple of days, from Port Canaveral, Miami or Ft Lauderdale. Should be lots of options.

Worse case we will stay in Ft Lauderdale and beach it.

Book IT Dano!!! Enjoy

Also, years ago, a friend called me at about 6:00 PM to see if I could go on a vacation, to Cancun for a week, last minute. I asked what she meant by last minute and she said that the flight left at 8:00 the next morning! :eek: It was one of the best vacations I've ever had!

On Wednesday, I booked a 5 nighter on the Legend out of Tampa leaving 10/21 using the rates posted for solo cruiser without paying the supplement...snagged what is classified as an Interior on the Main deck but the room has French doors...these staterooms are as large as a balcony room and have a sofa and table...I don't care about the view or a balcony, I'm so happy to have those big doors which will let in a lot of natural light and air.

Cruise was listed as $249 plus taxes, port charges, etc., for a grand total of $337.00. Payment in full was required at time of booking.

None of my family or friends were able to accompany me because of the short notice so I'm cruising on my first solo. This will be my 27th cruise with Carnival and I have sailed on the Legend before and loved the ship. I'm happy I'm able to sail on the Legend again before it is reposiitioned to Australia.

If the airfare is reasonable, go for it. I only live 45 minutes from Tampa and had a lot of cruises sailing from Florida to choose from that were on the list.

To asalligo...I feel your pain and was feeling the same way.

Archived