Wine Petition Closed

innlady1

As for the petition good luck to them. I don't understand all the "Anonymous" signatures. If one feels so strongly why post anonymous?

Just curious but would the "Anonymous" signatures be considered valid for a petition?

Any serious petition that I have been involved in has to be validated to make sure the signors are in fact real.

I wonder if H.A.L. is going to give this petition any credibility given some people won't even provide their name.

Best of luck to those who are so entrenched in this but if memory serves there was far more outrage by more people on C.C. when H.A.L. did away with the trays in the Lido.

Just curious but would the "Anonymous" signatures be considered valid for a petition?

Any serious petition that I have been involved in has to be validated to make sure the signors are in fact real.

I wonder if H.A.L. is going to give this petition any credibility given some people won't even provide their name.

Best of luck to those who are so entrenched in this but if memory serves there was far more outrage by more people on C.C. when H.A.L. did away with the trays in the Lido.

Good question- unfortunately I don't know the answer. I'm sure another poster will know.

Nah, I was around here then, do can't agree.

Good question- unfortunately I don't know the answer. I'm sure another poster will know.

I think, but don't know for sure, that the "anonymous" postings were a result of folks "unchecking" the box that said "show my signature" because they really didn't understand what it meant. I did ask people to at least use initials.

The whole petition thing turned out to be more of a hassle for some than it may have been worth, some people paid to sign, some people couldn't find the "no thanks" tab to avoid paying.

Maybe it's an issue of computer competance, maybe it's a question of the size of the screen display of some of the signers, maybe it's a misguided sense of privacy...:confused:I have no idea, but I really don't think there was anything malicious or underhanded with the people who "signed" anonymously

I don't know if the "anonymous" votes will count, or not. But I also don't think that's all that significant. The fact that there is a petition at all is out of the ordinary, and should draw some attention.

Beyond that, though, it's the comments that matter (imo). Many important points, including points that will bring income to HAL, were made. A real support for wine w/corkage fees as a way to increase income was demonstrated.

That matters.

????

Uhhh.......

Do agree?

or

Can't agree....

Not sure what "do can't agree" means.

You're brain must be in so much pain trying to figure it out:eek: Typo. SO can't agree. There, feel better now? :D

Most of us understood it correctly the first time ;)

As it has already been said before on these boards:

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

oh good grief!

For what it's worth, I still have the petition open in my browser and in a day or two, if there are no more signatures, I'm going to print it out and snail mail it in to Seattle

If you know anyone you can reach out to who might want to sign it, let them know soon

Oh well said indeed!!!

Priceless! I saw my typo but it seemed evident what was intended.

O.K., but how does one sign it? And what was the stated reason for closing the thread?

The reason given was that [site designation removed], the site I used, seemed to be soliciting donations or contributions for their mission of allowing anyone to create a petition on line.

Some people had trouble finding the "No, Thanks" button and clicking on it and signing for free.

Maybe it's a site problem, maybe it's a skill-set problem; I don't know, I didn't pay and none of my friends did either

Archived