Kettles in staterooms?

tuppence

Hi we have been on Celebrity Eclipse twice ( lovely!) out of Southampton and being English have really enjoyed the tea making facilities in our cabin. We are off on Reflection in a week and just wondered if they have the same facilities on board? Have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed but could bring my travel kettle if they don't provide one. I love a cuppa in my cabin after a lovely day out:)!

FYI: We did not have a kettle on Infinity RT from Harwich, England this August.

We DID have a kettle on our Infinity sailing out of Harwich (Aug 16).

We did not find it until day 2 of our cruise-it was not on display but packed away at the back of the lower shelf under the dresser. I have read that others did not have them but there are obviously kettles onboard so a nice request to your stateroom attendant may get a result.

We even asked for a tablecloth for the table on our veranda (much nicer when having room service/breakfast but usually only given to suites).

We had it within the hour and it stayed for the remainder of the cruise:)

We are taking the Eclipse TA out of Southampton and are wondering if we will have kettles then. I do hope they wait till we arrive in Fort Lauderdale to pack them away.

They'd gone by the time we got on Eclipse in Southampton for a TA, but I do know that someone here asked for the kettle and it was provided and then taken away prior to getting to the US.

Phil

To OP and all those interested in kettles:

I have inquired with Mr. Bayley about the possibility of having a kettle in the stateroom:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1715072

Here is his response:

"Hi,

Our sailings departing from the UK tend to be booked primarily by UK guests, who overwhelmingly told us they would like to have tea kettles in their stateroom, so we were happy to provide them. On sailings with fewer UK guests, the demand just isn’t there to include the tea kettles, but if that should change, we can certainly consider adjusting. Thanks."

So, the more we discuss this issue, the likelier Celebrity will follow this request

To OP and all those interested in kettles:

I have inquired with Mr. Bayley about the possibility of having a kettle in the stateroom:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1715072

Here is his response:

"Hi,

Our sailings departing from the UK tend to be booked primarily by UK guests, who overwhelmingly told us they would like to have tea kettles in their stateroom, so we were happy to provide them. On sailings with fewer UK guests, the demand just isn’t there to include the tea kettles, but if that should change, we can certainly consider adjusting. Thanks."

So, the more we discuss this issue, the likelier Celebrity will follow this request

Kettle, we want a kettle! My Earl Grey wants a kettle! Especially in the middle of the night when it and I can't sleep. DH needs a kettle for his coffee or he can't speak in the morning (room service no good at 6.00 or whenever).

:)

My understanding is that if you are sailing out of Harwich or Southampton and there is no kettle in your stateroom, it is probably that it was overlooked by the steward. Ask and it should be available to you, up until the Transatlantic. Then it's a crap shoot whether they will let you use one during the crossing.

On Eclipse this spring, there were no kettles during the Eastbound TA. Doing B2B, on departure from Southampton as we headed on to Norway, I asked the steward for one. He looked puzzled, having never worked on a ship which sailed out of England on any previous contract. He went to talk to the Housekeeping Supervisor and the kettle appeared in my stateroom shortly thereafter.

Archived