That one unique thing about Celebrity...

K.T.B.

A unique thing that Celebrity could initiate would be a special line at embarkation that would allow passengers who did not want to stop for a photo to pass. They now have to get out of a sometimes long line and go around those who are waiting making appear that they may be cutting in the front of the line. That could be unique and would be welcomed by many.

Love this idea!

For us...

1. No annoucements

2. non-smoking

3. staff

4. champange embarkation

5 DH would list free icream close to the top!

Love this idea!

For us...

1. No annoucements

2. non-smoking

3. staff

4. champange embarkation

5 DH would list free icream close to the top!

Close to mine.

I would change number 4 to "no hard sell bingo", move number 5 to top of list and add number 6, waffles at breakfast.

We have only cruised once so far with X but booked another cruise within a month of returning and here's why:

1. Thought provoking contemporary art collection

2. No announcements

3. Blu / Persian Gardens

4. No blaring movie at the outdoor pool

Photographers are just trying to make a living, but on Princess outside of the dining room the Pirates physically grabbed me and held me so that I had to physically fight to get free. I tried to politely decline verbally first. This happened on a couple of Princess cruises, so it wasn't an isolated thing. I don't think that passengers should be put in such a position. Some of us don't like being touched by strangers or have religious beliefs that prohibit being touched by the opposite sex.

Sadly, this does happen on X too. On our Equinox cruise last March, DH and I found ourselves momentarily separated in a long disembarkation line. I was attempting to go around the ships' photographers at the end of the gangway. But, one of their crew -- a very tall man, dressed in a sailor suit -- reached out and tried to grab me. I pulled away and yelled "I said NO!" at him, just as my husband caught up with me. As we were running late for a shore excursion, we just kept going. However, DH had a long conversation with the supervisor of the photography department, once we were back on board. We've encountered this type of behavior before on RC ships, but hopefully, this will be the first and last time on Celebrity. :(

I love Blu, the smoking policy and the chilled facecloths they hand out on re-embarkation after being in port on a hot day.

The best was once, after returning from a cold wet day in port, they were handing out hot flannels to wrap yourself up in when coming back on board.

That brought back a memory of our 2003 Alaska cruise on Mercury. When we got back onboard from Victoria, there were waiters with hot tea and chocolate.

Of course, in warmer climes, the cool towels and cold water under a tent before re-boarding is the tops.

Sue

Celebrity is unique because of what it DOESN'T have:

smoking indoors or on balconies

announcements

pirates who grab you for photos

shorts in the dining room

spring breakers

hooting and hollering

I have been grabbed by a beat up looking fur dolphin and a giant parrot on Celebrity.......

I didn't mind it...but they are definitely there:)

My partner indulges in the odd cruise every now and then depending upon the ports. Me, I am the ship nut who cruises for the ship and lazy days at sea which means I am usually the solo traveler when our group does the annual Transatlantic. What I enjoy most about Celebrity, especially aboard the S class ships, are the quiet areas one can just go and hide out with a good book for hours on end.

My favorite spot by far is at the back of Cellarmasters on the couch by the window during the day. Just don't tell anyone! LOL!

When people have asked me why I return time in and time out, I just say it is like going to a very nice spa resort to recharge at half the price of a land resort.

Archived