Special concoction you've made with food available

crusinpsychRN

My son mixes pineapple juice from the bar ( which you can get with a soda card) with vanilla soft serve ice cream. He calls it his piña colada-- he's 11. LOL

I think they call this a Dole Whip in Disney! But he had a great idea, sounds yummy.

Ok about to take my first cruise so what is so bad about the tea? Can I get unsweetened? Sweetnlow? How about getting hot tea, steep and pour over ice?

Edited by JustCruiseMe

I think they call this a Dole Whip in Disney! But he had a great idea, sounds yummy.

Ok about to take my first cruise so what is so bad about the tea? Can I get unsweetened? Sweetnlow? How about getting hot tea, steep and pour over ice?

Tea is unsweetened. There are sweeteners, don't use them so I'm not sure what kind. Tea bags available for hot tea.

Have a great cruise!

We order the cheese plate that is on the dessert menu in the MDR as a first course. It goes great with wine. Then, we still order a salad or soup, main entree, and dessert for a 4 course meal in the MDR. We typically tell our server the first time we see them that we will be doing this each night and sometimes, with a really good server, the cheese plate is waiting for us when we sit down to dinner!

Not big fans of the lunch buffets, but loved the Guy's burgers. I order mine without the bun and top with lettuce, mushrooms and bacon for a low carb version. Best lunch on the ship, IMO.

Get a plate of fries from Guys. Then go to Blue Iguana and top them with Carne Asada, cheese ... Etc. Carne Asada fries are so good.

If you can find melted cheese even better. Top them with your favorite nacho topping and salsa.

Edited by rhinomike

Reading the comments about the iced tea....

If you don't like the iced tea, or it's not available, no problem. Simply ask for hot tea, and a big glass or two of ice. Make the hot tea, and pour over the ice. Makes great fresh real iced tea in seconds!

Plus you can get creative with different kinds of tea bags. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5C using Forums mobile app.

Order room service coffee, unwrap the pillow chocolate, put it in the bottom of the coffee cup, top with hot coffee and a shot of Bailey's.

Great for a nightcap on the balcony. Just use decaf unless you want the caffeine kick. :)

Nightcap heck! I would do that for breakfast!

Sent from my PC36100 using Forums mobile app

NO NEED!

If you eat in the MDR, ask for a Banana Split.

It's on the kids' menu and you can order off of it, too.:D:D:D

But it can only be ordered and eaten in the MDR. Horrible if you have a banana split craving at other times.;):p

I'm not big on ice cream if I can't chew it, so I would put my ice cream in a bowl and crush a cone or two into it. This time around, I was going to buy gummy bears and other toppings to bring with me... but now that I've read about cookies and other sweets from the dessert buffet, why the heck would I spend that extra money? I think this is my favorite thread ever lol!

On the Liberty, I would get the fish n chips then head for Blue Iguana and pick up some plain tortillas (4 at least), unpeeled the breaded coating from the fish, toss, then using the salsa bar, I'd make my own fish tacos. Much better than the fish used in tacos in Blue Iguana.

On the Liberty, I would get the fish n chips then head for Blue Iguana and pick up some plain tortillas (4 at least), unpeeled the breaded coating from the fish, toss, then using the salsa bar, I'd make my own fish tacos. Much better than the fish used in tacos in Blue Iguana.

That's a great idea. The fish tacos at the Blue Iguana were ok but I would have preferred the fish from the fish n chip station. Will definitely try next spring.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the iced coffee works for me.

My husband makes the Arnold Palmer, half iced tea and half lemonade over ice.

That's a good idea, crumble the cookies with the ice cream. I like the fresh chocolate chip cookies so much.

Where do you get chocolate cookies???