Best ideas for drinks with Rum-runner that makes it through!

msstarr22

I know that the secreted Rum-runners are taboo to some and to those people I am sorry you won't like this thread. I am considering Rum-runners this trip. I just don't know what to mix with my my home-made Kuluha other than coffee or milk I know you can get free coffee, juice(in the morning), tea, lemonade, milk and ice cream on the ship. The question is what drinks can be made with the above mixers? We will have rum and vodka between us as well. My best friend has fallen on hard times and I have convinced her to continue on with our trip. No shore excursions, no extra spending's. We are only bringing what we have on hand. So any ideas for a fun drink with any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Oh I know there are drinks you can do with fresh fruit, neither of us care for bananas so we really would forget about those.

We bought a bottle of the cheaper Cruzan rum on our last trip from Bon Voyage and we would mix 1/2 orange juice with 1/2 Guava from the breakfast juicers to make an awesome rum punch. If you can find some pineapple to garnish you will absolutely have the best drink on board. Please do not fill your canteens directly from the dispenser as it is more sanitary to fill and pour from a clean glass.

Why do people think that the rules don't relate to them. Is this what we teach our children now...to cheat and see what we can get buy with?

Too bad...so sad.

Why do some people think they have to preach to others. Is this what people teach their children? To butt in where they don't belong...

I would suggest adding peach schnapps to that and bring in your 12 carry on drinks cranberry juice pineapple juice and 7 up also a shaker in your luggage ....with that youll have a good variety of drinks you can also add a bottle of lime juice ....youll find many drinks on google with those ingredients ...cheers :)

You can buy the punch cool aid single packs at the grocery store and mix them with water and rum and they also make a great rum punch. They have all different flavors of crystal light that you can mix also. Take a extra bubba mug and fill it with the orange juice in the morning and put it in your mini fridge so you can mix cocktails later in the evening. Your room steward will bring you plenty of ice.

Any juice goes good with vodka. I've brought on the cranberry juice cans as mixers, and have also used the orange juice and the guava juice onboard. Even just vodka + lemonade is pretty good. And of course, for the rum you can get soda, but it's not free onboard. Depending on the rum (clear or spiced) it might mix ok with some juice too.

The juice offered at breakfast are typically great mixers. You can never go wrong with mixing juices. I am a southern comfort straight kind of girl, but do enjoy a mix every now and then. Kahlua wouldn't be my choice but hey to each their own. I would suggest a flavored vodka that may taste good on it's own like the Razz from up there. Skinny Girl Sorbet is delicious!!! But since it's "diet" vodka you need to consume more to get a buzz, if that's your thing.

Don't forget to take your bottle of wine/champagne onboard as well. That way you change up your palette.

Why do some people think they have to preach to others. Is this what people teach their children? To butt in where they don't belong...

It is also important to teach children the ills of capitalist giants but I digress.

Take cans of coke for your soda carry on and mix with with vodka and Kaluha for a black russian.

Why do people think that the rules don't relate to them. Is this what we teach our children now...to cheat and see what we can get buy with?

Too bad...so sad.

I don't recall the OP saying that she'll be toting children along. I think the public schools nowadays teach worse things than smuggling contraband on board a cruise ship. I say smuggle whatever you can get on board and have a great time. People have fallen on hard times and paying for overpriced drinks on board the ship just adds to the misery.

Kahlua and coffe is always good and Kahlua and hot chocolate as well. I'm a wine drinker myself and bring the boxed wine taken out of the cardboard box. Haven't had a problem yet. We plan to buy a wine package on our next cruise since we have a nice on board credit.

Too bad...so sad.

Why are you reading this thread? Do you also complain about violence or off color TV, or change the channel?

There are way more important values to teach our children........like no bullying and to be respectful. We should all be over 21 if we want to smuggle a pint or two, it is none of our children's business, or yours.

If our paths cross with you and any of the above posters, maybe you will buy us a drink:)

Archived