Best ideas for drinks with Rum-runner that makes it through!

msstarr22

Why do some people think they have to preach to others. Is this what people teach their children? To butt in where they don't belong...

Well said..nobody likes a hallmonitor..those are the kids from school who thought they were in charge of everybody. The beauty is when you get older you see the former hallmonitor in the bathroom at the bar and you knock their head against the wall a few times and leave..no witnesses. Wah wah.

Well said..nobody likes a hallmonitor..those are the kids from school who thought they were in charge of everybody. The beauty is when you get older you see the former hallmonitor in the bathroom at the bar and you knock their head against the wall a few times and leave..no witnesses. Wah wah.

Lol

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

I'm a big fan of crystal light...so many choices. The appletini flavor is great...just add vodka for a great drink. I also take the margarita flavor with me and give it the bartender at Nachi Cocum and tell him to add water and tequila...I feel good about saving a few calories!

I also like the Sparkling Ice Coconut/Pineapple drink mixed with coconut rum.

Cyrstal Light iced tea mixed with Firefly Sweet tea vodka is also good.

Regarding smuggling, DH will not smuggle because he is afraid the 12 year old scotch will be caught and go to waste. So, he orders a bottle or two for the room.

I drink the Skinny Girl liquors and Firefly Skinny tea...not available onboard. The day Carnival carries these liquors is the day I will stop smuggling, but until then, a skinny girl wannabe has to do what she has to do!!:D

Why do people think that the rules don't relate to them. Is this what we teach our children now...to cheat and see what we can get buy with?

Too bad...so sad.

If you don't agree with the topic, don't read it but don't post trying to impose your beliefs on others.

Of course I will share:

Homemade Kahlua Recipe

Rich and Tasty Caramel Coffee Flavored Liquor

Ingredients

4 cups water

3 cups sugar

1/4 cups instant coffee granules

3 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract

2 1/2 cups Vodka or Dark Rum (I use the rum)

Optional: 1 or 2 vanilla beans (Best)

To Make Homemade Kahlua

Using a large pot, dissolve sugar into water over medium high heat.

Add instant coffee granules and bring mixture to boil.

Reduce heat to simmer.

Stir every 10-15 minutes as needed for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Mixture will be reduced to a liquid syrup. You may need to stir more frequently right at the end.

Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.

Stir in vanilla and allow to cool another 15 - 30 minutes.

Stir in vodka.

Note: No worries if mixture has crystallized a little, the vodka will break it back down as long is it is still partial liquid. If you allow it to cool too long it will harden too much. If this happens, simply reheat the syrup and add vodka when it's somewhat cooled down but not hard.

For gift giving, pour your homemade liqueur into pretty bottles and keep out of direct light by using brown or green glass or by wrapping in a cloth.

Optional: A vanilla bean in the bottle can add a classy and flavorful touch. For more vanilla flavor, cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise.

Tip: This liqueur tastes best when left in a cool dark place for a couple weeks or even better... months. It also gets smoother with age. It can be kept in the fridge but does not have to be. I use it after 1 month for myself but as a gift I like 3 months.

Important Step... An important step is to simmer the water/sugar/coffee mixture for at least 1-2 hours. Some recipes skip the simmer but there are two valuable benefits.

First, it alters and deepens the flavor of the sugar and coffee as the sugar actually caramelizes. Even so-so instant coffee is altered into a flavor to be appreciated (and I normally try to avoid instant coffee).

Second, as the mixture simmers (losing some of the water and caramelizing) you begin to get a thin syrup which is great for the overall consistency of the drink.

You must share!

I am so looking for those flavors, I see a Walmart trip in my future..LOL!

I'm a big fan of crystal light...so many choices. The appletini flavor is great...just add vodka for a great drink. I also take the margarita flavor with me and give it the bartender at Nachi Cocum and tell him to add water and tequila...I feel good about saving a few calories!

I also like the Sparkling Ice Coconut/Pineapple drink mixed with coconut rum.

Cyrstal Light iced tea mixed with Firefly Sweet tea vodka is also good.

Kahlua amd soft serve ice cream mixed to gather sounds great to me!

Add coffee to this and stir well. Coffee and ice cream plus crushed ice is close to a frappacino then add khakua and yummy.

I love the guava passionfruit juice with vodka too.

I will admit I have thought about smuggling liquor before but,.......I am too afraid getting caught and being summoned to the "Naughty Room"! :eek:

You only get summoned to the naughty room if you leave your luggage locked. Otherwise the liquor is confiscated and a gotcha note is left in your luggage in place of your alcohol. If it is in original container still sealed you can retrieve it on last day of cruise.

Of course I will share:

Homemade Kahlua Recipe

Rich and Tasty Caramel Coffee Flavored Liquor

Ingredients

4 cups water

3 cups sugar

1/4 cups instant coffee granules

3 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract

2 1/2 cups Vodka or Dark Rum (I use the rum)

Optional: 1 or 2 vanilla beans (Best)

To Make Homemade Kahlua

Using a large pot, dissolve sugar into water over medium high heat.

Add instant coffee granules and bring mixture to boil.

Reduce heat to simmer.

Stir every 10-15 minutes as needed for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Mixture will be reduced to a liquid syrup. You may need to stir more frequently right at the end.

Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.

Stir in vanilla and allow to cool another 15 - 30 minutes.

Stir in vodka.

Note: No worries if mixture has crystallized a little, the vodka will break it back down as long is it is still partial liquid. If you allow it to cool too long it will harden too much. If this happens, simply reheat the syrup and add vodka when it's somewhat cooled down but not hard.

For gift giving, pour your homemade liqueur into pretty bottles and keep out of direct light by using brown or green glass or by wrapping in a cloth.

Optional: A vanilla bean in the bottle can add a classy and flavorful touch. For more vanilla flavor, cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise.

Tip: This liqueur tastes best when left in a cool dark place for a couple weeks or even better... months. It also gets smoother with age. It can be kept in the fridge but does not have to be. I use it after 1 month for myself but as a gift I like 3 months.

Important Step... An important step is to simmer the water/sugar/coffee mixture for at least 1-2 hours. Some recipes skip the simmer but there are two valuable benefits.

First, it alters and deepens the flavor of the sugar and coffee as the sugar actually caramelizes. Even so-so instant coffee is altered into a flavor to be appreciated (and I normally try to avoid instant coffee).

Second, as the mixture simmers (losing some of the water and caramelizing) you begin to get a thin syrup which is great for the overall consistency of the drink.

Thanks for this... I will definitely be using it! :)

Love these threads I got blasted in the CCL website for mentioning rumrunner. That being said check out your favorite liquor websites they have a wide variety of ideas for new and exciting cocktails. Last time I brought mixers along with the liquor. Don't forget to use your carry on n/a. Truth is any flavor vodka and sprite goes great together.

I heart rum runners, I've gotten a magic bullet blender on with me a few times. Good stuff, DH and I call it doing homework when we go in port the night before and buy all the booze and set up the rum runners!

What kinds of drinks do you make in the magic bullet?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forums mobile app

Archived