Water anyone?

First time cruising on Royal Caribbean in a long while. The beverage packages are very confusing. I'm just interested in a water package (Evian, Pelegrino etc).On Celebrity, I was able to get a Premiun Non-alcohloc pkg which was great. Also, CC does not require my husband to buy the pkg.

Does RC allow you to bring a case Evian water onto the ship? If so, I would at least be able to drink it in the cabin. We will be Diamond level in a JR suite. Will we have bottled water in our room as one of the perks?

Boy, I sure do have a lot of questions, but bear with me:)...can you tell I love drinking my water!!!

Thanks for your input.

First time cruising on Royal Caribbean in a long while. The beverage packages are very confusing. I'm just interested in a water package (Evian, Pelegrino etc).On Celebrity, I was able to get a Premiun Non-alcohloc pkg which was great. Also, CC does not require my husband to buy the pkg.

Does RC allow you to bring a case Evian water onto the ship? If so, I would at least be able to drink it in the cabin. We will be Diamond level in a JR suite. Will we have bottled water in our room as one of the perks?

Boy, I sure do have a lot of questions, but bear with me:)...can you tell I love drinking my water!!!

Thanks for your input.

The RCI water package is for 1 litre bottles. The "official" rules do not allow you to bring anything but 2 bottles of wine per stateroom, but I have brought a 12 bottle case of water on each of my RCI cruises with no problems. Other CC members report the same thing (unless you are travelling during spring break).

Just leave the water in its original overpack, attach a luggage tag to it, and hand it to the porters with your bags. It should show up at your stateroom with your other bags.

Steve

Thanks for your input.

There's no bottled water included in a JS, or for being Diamond. Royal does have bottled water packages available, I believe they are Evian. They are not unlimited, but for a specific number of bottles.

Technically it's against the rules to bring on board any beverage, except for the two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. However, that rule is frequently not enforced and many people say they have no problem bringing on water.

RCI is offering a water package which consists of 1 l bottles of Evian. You can chose between 8, 12, 16 and 24 bottles. You can buy another one onboard. Check the RCI website (click on the tab beverage packages).

As it´s a bottle package you´re not forced to buy one each. Only the alcohol packages have to be bought by every person over 21 in a cabin.

steamboats

Yes...your bathroom tap has the same water that they make the food with...and drinks....and ice...

Tap water is fine, however, it will NEVER "run cold"...you'll need ice!

Ice water can be gotten anywhere on the ship....at all bars and all eating venues. It's only "bottled" water that you must pay additionally for. Guess where bottled water comes from? That's right...a tap!!!

I'd venture to say that the water coming out of the processing plants on the ship is as good if not better than any municipal water you are going to find.

They do make personal sized water bottles with built in Britta-type filters now if that is something that may interest you. Bottled water is a rip off on land, and it's an even bigger rip off on a ship.

Yes...your bathroom tap has the same water that they make the food with...and drinks....and ice...

Tap water is fine, however, it will NEVER "run cold"...you'll need ice!

Ice water can be gotten anywhere on the ship....at all bars and all eating venues. It's only "bottled" water that you must pay additionally for. Guess where bottled water comes from? That's right...a tap!!!

Indeed.

As often pointed out on many message boards, Evian is Naive spelled backwards :D

As often pointed out on many message boards, Evian is Naive spelled backwards :D

Hilarious!:D:D It´s totally overpriced (at least onboard) and doesn´t taste good as well. Over here in Europe it´s way cheaper (so is San Pellegrino). I´m not willing to pay 8 bucks for a bottle of San Pellegrino for dinner which I can get for 1 Euro in my supermarket.

steamboats

• 3 months later...

On IoS out of Port Everglades I was able to put a luggage tag on a 24-bottle case of water and it showed up in my stateroom without any problem. On Jewel the porters wouldn't take it, but said it would be fine to carry on. The security people shook the bottles to make sure they weren't vodka, but otherwise didn't give me any trouble. 24 bottles was a bit heavy to carry around with me, so I dumped half the bottles in the trash (I had only purchased the 24-pack because it was actually cheaper then the 6- or 12-packs).

I never cruise without my quart size britta water filter!

It is awesome! Yummy delicious water and as much as I want!!

Mmmm...mmm...good!

What would your filter catch that the reverse osmosis machine didn't? RO is a very fine type of filtration, I seriously doubt that a consumer filter would improve on it.

The water bottle filters; Britta, Rubbermaid, and Bobble, take out the chlorine and other things that make water taste bad. It does not filter out the really bad stuff - only the really bad tasting stuff. I love water that tastes like "nothing" so I really love the water bottle filters for times like this. Easy, cheap, light weight solution.

Do you fill up from the tap in your washroom?

Thanks,

I can NOT EVER drink tap water, ever! However...the brita filter is AMAZING!

I sure do fill it with washroom water! You would be amazed how delicious it is! I bring my own water flavorings. Super cheap/Super delicious. I bring a collapsible bucket/bag, fill it with ice......and I am good to go!

What would your filter catch that the reverse osmosis machine didn't? RO is a very fine type of filtration, I seriously doubt that a consumer filter would improve on it.

DRD...You obviously haven't tasted the difference. Pity.

You have no idea what you are missing.

• 1 month later...

Just did this in Galveston on the Navigator of the Seas last month...worked like a charm! THANKS!

The RCI water package is for 1 litre bottles. The "official" rules do not allow you to bring anything but 2 bottles of wine per stateroom, but I have brought a 12 bottle case of water on each of my RCI cruises with no problems. Other CC members report the same thing (unless you are travelling during spring break).

Just leave the water in its original overpack, attach a luggage tag to it, and hand it to the porters with your bags. It should show up at your stateroom with your other bags.

Steve

Thanks for your input.

The Premium NA package on Celebrity is like the Repelnish package on RC. The replenish package includes both still & sparkling water. Only you have to get to get it, not both of you. I really enjoyed the Premium NA package on Celebrity - between water & coffee I got my money's worth :)

If they send you to the naughty room for your bottled water just tell them its for your medication:D

Sorry about the prior post. clicked on the wrong icon.

I will have to remember this if I get called to the naughty room.:D