balcony divider doors

seeing this world

According to the official deck plans, most ships will only have 2 cabins with connecting balconies. However, we've been able to open 3 in a row on the Destiny and 4 in a row on the Victory in May. We just had to have 1 person present from each room to give the "ok" and the cabin steward opened them up before we even sailed away. However, if you have more than 2 open one of them will swing back towards the cabin door and block the door. It was a minor inconvenience for us compared to having that huge balcony with our friends and family!

May I suggest you contact Carnival regarding which cabins can have the balcony dividers opened. Not only do they only open a certain number of dividers there are some cabin balconies that can not be opened. On our family cruise in July this was a factor in our cabin selections. The first group of three cabin we picked could not have one divider opened. Don't remember why or which ones but we relocated just because of this.

will they open up 3 cabin balcony doors up ?

What ship are you on? On Spirit Class ships, multiple cabin dividers being opened was not a problem. We had 5 open on one cruise. (see below)

The bigger classes are not as flexible, so like the other posters said, call to find out.

1601.jpg

We had 5 open on Triumph.

When we called, we were told only certain ones could be opened. Problem on that ship is that every other divider will block one of the cabin doors when it is opened. Not a problem for us as we would just slowly open the door and it would push the divider and out we go.

We were told (as others have stated) to get one person from each cabin to Guest Services. The room Steward is who opened ours and it was no issue. SO, when you board. Let your room steward know you all are together and wish the dividers opened. See what they say first.;)

We found out that if you use a pair of scissors & slide it into the "keyhole" you can open & close them at will without having to deal with the room steward evertime.

Pesky room stewards (it's really guys from maintenance) and their safety equipment. On the Spirit class ships there are clips that have to be attached to the balcony rail otherwise they won't stay open. Since my steward brings in my book from the balcony (fire hazard) and locks my balcony door 9 times out of ten for safety/security reasons, I can't imagine they'd just let a rigged door stay open.

We had 5 open on Triumph.

When we called, we were told only certain ones could be opened. Problem on that ship is that every other divider will block one of the cabin doors when it is opened. Not a problem for us as we would just slowly open the door and it would push the divider and out we go.

We were told (as others have stated) to get one person from each cabin to Guest Services. The room Steward is who opened ours and it was no issue. SO, when you board. Let your room steward know you all are together and wish the dividers opened. See what they say first.;)

Don't the ones that block the door bang against the bulkhead when the ship is underway? The ones that open between two windows are secured against the bulkhead.

Don't the ones that block the door bang against the bulkhead when the ship is underway? The ones that open between two windows are secured against the bulkhead.

Yep. We had 4 in a row open and a few of them clanked like crazy especially at night when you're trying to sleep. Fortunately I had read on these boards to bring bungi cords. We were able to bungi them securely and then reopen in morning so we didn't have to keep bothering the room steward.

Getting ready to book and only need 1 balcony divider opened so DD's can share the balcony with us? Is there some rule about if the cabins connect the balcony doors will not open?

Just got off the Liberty and seem to remember that at least one balcony divider looked like it would open. I just can't remember if it was to the connected room or the other one.

I checked cruise deck plans website but you have to be a member to see the info.

Getting ready to book and only need 1 balcony divider opened so DD's can share the balcony with us? Is there some rule about if the cabins connect the balcony doors will not open?

Just got off the Liberty and seem to remember that at least one balcony divider looked like it would open. I just can't remember if it was to the connected room or the other one.

I checked cruise deck plans website but you have to be a member to see the info.

What cabin/ship? I'll check for you.

Conquest, want deck 8 closer to the aft. Looking at 8418, or 8420 or 8422. Would really like the connecting balcony. Connecting room is not important.

Prefer even cabins due to scenery on that side, but will readily go with odd to get connecting balcony.

Says 8426 connects to balcony 8422.

8420 cabin connects to 8422 and balcony 8418.

8418 connects to balcony 8420.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/conquest/cabin_descriptions/verandah.htm

Let me know if this info open for you. You can access without being a member at cruise deck plans -- select ship, go to bottom and select Extra to see info on each cabin.

Says 8426 connects to balcony 8422.

8420 cabin connects to 8422 and balcony 8426.

8418 connects to balcony 8420.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/conquest/cabin_descriptions/verandah.htm

Let me know if this info open for you. You can access without being a member at cruise deck plans -- select ship, go to bottom and select Extra to see info on each cabin.

Thanks so much!!!!!!

We just came off the Splendor yesterday and 2 of the 3 balconies we booked were adjourning - Room Steward asked us to go to Guest Services first for permission to unlock it. They looked it up & said for safety reasons, it couldn't be done (#6417 and #6419) - opening them up would block the doors into the cabin due to the design/ways they swing open.

I probably could use my traveling multi-tool to turn the keyhole slot & open it, but ... There was no way to tell from the online ship map itself while booking the cabins, unless we call up CCL & they have access to more details. This might be unique/specific to the Splendor, one of its own kind class of ship in the fleet. #6417 and #6415 would be fine, same for #6419 and #6421 in the other direction, just not ours.

P9250114.jpg.8d7ce556ea68822f0c631ba2aeed3247.jpg

P9250115.jpg.6343e72f8f5e5531baf3a3cbaa0e1c42.jpg

We have had 6 open in a row on the Pride. Since these are clamps to the railing it was not a problem. Go the the desk as soon as you get on the ship. Was great to have the long balcony to visit.

Just got back from trip on the Glory and it was a problem. We had 3 rooms in a row and they said they could only open one divider as the other would block doors. (These swing in toward the rooms) Travel agent got them to unlock the other divider for us. We too stop it from swinging freely each night.

CrusinpsychRN

Would you possibly check one for me as well? I tried to find out but cant seem to get the info.

We have Cabin 7344 on Empress deck on the Liberty. Can the balconies on either side be opened? Others in our cruise party have to book yet and I'd love to have side by side rooms and share a balcony

We have been told just about every cruise they could not open all the doors (between 3-6 in a row). We just "McGuiver" and stay discreet by closing them at night or when we're not out there. In fact, it's now become a sort of contest among our menfolk who can design the best tool. LOL. On our last cruise, the room stewart finally gave us his key and said be discreet and shut them at night. BTW, be creative, don't take pliers in your checked bag. We got sent to the naughty room because we had a household tool in our suitcase.

Lib

It really is just going to depend on your room steward. Technically no more than 2 balconies should be connecting. However, as I previously mentioned, we've had 3 open on Destiny and 4 open on Victory and yes the divider did close back on the cabin door but we didn't care and the cabin steward still opened them!

CrusinpsychRN

Would you possibly check one for me as well? I tried to find out but cant seem to get the info.

We have Cabin 7344 on Empress deck on the Liberty. Can the balconies on either side be opened? Others in our cruise party have to book yet and I'd love to have side by side rooms and share a balcony

I checked for you...7344 connects balconies with 7348.

Archived