How noisy is it by the elevator?

marriedinva

getting ready to book on the Liberty within the next day or so and was wondering how noisy it is to be right near the elevator?

maybe one or 2 cabins away.

i can imagine there is a lot of foot traffic there that i'm probably not interested in.

any thoughts??

thanks!

Generally agree with what is said above. We have frequently been near the elevators and have never had noise problems. To elaborate a bit, there is a partition wall between the elevator lobby or foyer and the cabin hallways. Simple math should tell you that there has to be more foot traffic past the cabins nearest the elevators, but the hallways are carpeted and noise is kept to a minimum. Again, as others have said, we have been there several times and noise has never been a problem.

Enjoy your cruise.

We've been near the elevator many times because it is a convenient place to be, and noise has not been a problem for us.

Ditto. Almost every single cruise I have been next to the stairs/elevators.

The noisiest cabin I had was on Sovereign of the Seas deck 3 interior stateroom. Seemed like all night long we heard stomping and running down the halls.

I just got off the Brilliance of the Seas yesterday. We were two cabins off the elevator lobby and there was a partial dividing wall as well. When standing in front of our cabin door, the noise (music/events) in the centrum (Radiance class design) was VERY loud but once in the cabin with door shut - couldn't really hear anything - good soundproofing.

I would be more concerned with what is above and below you. Cabins above or below is the best. If you are under the pool, whirlpools or Windjammer, that can be more of an issue than elevator noise I think.

Have fun on your cruise!

Debbie

getting ready to book on the Liberty within the next day or so and was wondering how noisy it is to be right near the elevator?

maybe one or 2 cabins away.

i can imagine there is a lot of foot traffic there that i'm probably not interested in.

any thoughts??

thanks!

No noise from elevators only noise will come from inconsiderate neighbors.

Archived