What liquor store in St. Thomas?

pamelab

I have searched the threads on the boards in St. Thomas and can't find which particular liquor store is good for buying liquor. I know you can 4 bottles to bring back to the US, is that per adult? Thanks

I have searched the threads on the boards in St. Thomas and can't find which particular liquor store is good for buying liquor. I know you can 4 bottles to bring back to the US, is that per adult? Thanks

K-Mart....per adult I think it may be 5 if one is made in the US virgin Is.

Across the street from the port is a big souvinier shop.The liquor store in there has good prices and they will deliver it to the ship for you.You can get 5 bottles per adult there without having to pay duty.We have never had a problem there.

Absolutely go to the K-Mart. About a 5 minute walk from the port, and they will box up your liquor in the boxes with handles. Last trip I bought 2 cases of liquor. Cruzan is I believe $12 a handle, where it is usually $35+ up here in NY. You also get a larger allowance if you buy liquor made in USVI.

Here is the pic of me carrying the liquor back from K-mart. As you can see it is quite close to the ships.

HoneymoonCruise450.jpg

Edited by bmckim

Al Cohen store is closer of a walk to/from the Heavensight Pier where most cruise ships docked, especially when it's 90+ degrees outside.

Pix as taken from our balcony - they also have broad selection of tourist items in all price ranges, i.e. magnets, keychains, t-shirts and local crafts, etc. in addition to duty-free cigarettes & liquor. Stores at the Heavensight Pier, of course, have duty-free specials too ...

P9260251.jpg.b2d391ea66c3b6bd0dbe43a00d41613d.jpg

AH Riise has been my favorite place for liquor in St T. Last time there, we went to their port store rather than the store in Charlotte Amalie. I really think the prices are higher at the port than in town. Both will box and deliver to the ship. I understand K-Mart is cheap but have no experience to know for sure.

St T is a great port and is my favorite place. Enjoy your cruise and your time in St T!!

They have AH Riise http://www.ahriise.com/ stores in both St Thomas ports. Prices are good.

How far is this from the ship? We are thinking about going to Sapphire Beach for the day. Is it along the way by chance? Any other shopping around AH Riise? Thanks, you all have been helpful!

Edited by pamelab

How far is this from the ship? We are thinking about going to Sapphire Beach for the day. Is it along the way by chance? Any other shopping around AH Riise? Thanks, you all have been helpful!

You are very welcome.

It is one of the shops right in port. I am not sure where will your ship be docked. If there are no other Princess ships will be in port it probably will be Crown bay, otherwise it could be Crown Bay or Havensight dock.

Havensight has more stores. AH Riise - Building II

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/st/hsmap.shtml

havensightmap.gif

Crown Bay http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/crown_bay_center_map.html#.UksaHRAs2dk

crown-bay-map-thumb.jpg

Building C

Edited by Tatka

AH Riise on Main Street has ALWAYS had the best variety as far as liquor and wines are concerned. K-Mart and Pueblo are near the cruise ship dock and are where the locals buy their spirits. However, you need to go elsewhere (like AH Riise) if you are looking for specialty items. You can bring home 6 bottles of liquor if at least one of them is made in the USVI.

have very good prices and selection and they deliver to the ship. No need to go to Kmart or Pueblo to save a buck or so and then have to lug the boxes back or pay to take a cab and there goes the savings. If you but 6 pp with one being from the VI no problem with customs. Actually they really don't care if you go over yur allowance but be sure to put it on the declaration. If you buy in San Juan at the pier, it doesn't affect your DF allowance.

have very good prices and selection and they deliver to the ship. No need to go to Kmart or Pueblo to save a buck or so and then have to lug the boxes back or pay to take a cab and there goes the savings. If you but 6 pp with one being from the VI no problem with customs. Actually they really don't care if you go over yur allowance but be sure to put it on the declaration. If you buy in San Juan at the pier, it doesn't affect your DF allowance.

The customs folks advised us that it is five bottles per person, provided at least one was made in the VI.

Have heard very good things about A.H. Riise and Dynasty. We will be dropping in to see them in December and will most likely hit Dynasty and possibly Cohen's as well. A friend told me to check with all 3 as they regularly run specials and prices at one store could be much better on certain items than the other stores. Hope you have a great cruise!

Just don't forget to pick up some Guavaberry in St Maarten. It can't ship anywhere and it's quite a product. We way under estimated...

(That's if you are also going to St Maarten.)

Never heard of it. What would you mix it with? Vodka, or in a martini?