Zydecocruiser's Carnival Legend British Isles Cruise, Sept 13-25, 2013 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

very nice so far Sarge. Subscribing! Do you know who those 3 headstones were?

The middle one says In Loving Memory of Sarie, Aug 10, 1936

the one on the right says In Loving Memory of Chloe, May 1, 1933

The one on the left looks like it was removed.

I am told they were pets.

As usual, your photos are wonderful. Thanks especially for the Canterbury photos; my first visit in 1981 got me started on visiting cathedrals generally and Gothic churches in particular (much to our sons' dismay - when we were in London in July, we took them to Evensong at Westminster Abbey because we were there on a Sunday and the only way you can visit on Sunday is by attending a service.:p). I wish we could have visited Canterbury on this trip, but the timing just didn't work. Since our sons had never been to London, we spent most of our England visit there.

And I had to laugh about Mushy Peas. Every time our youngest son ordered fish and chips on our trip, they came with a side of Mushy Peas. DH was very familiar with them, having lived in London for a year, and son did try them - but he definitely prefers just plain, non-mushy peas.;)

Really enjoying your review.

Edited by nybumpkin

As usual, your photos are wonderful. Thanks especially for the Canterbury photos; my first visit in 1981 got me started on visiting cathedrals generally and Gothic churches in particular (much to our sons' dismay - when we were in London in July, we took them to Evensong at Westminster Abbey because we were there on a Sunday and the only way you can visit on Sunday is by attending a service.:p). I wish we could have visited Canterbury on this trip, but the timing just didn't work. Since our sons had never been to London, we spent most of our England visit there.

And I had to laugh about Mushy Peas. Every time our youngest son ordered fish and chips on our trip, they came with a side of Mushy Peas. DH was very familiar with them, having lived in London for a year, and son did try them - but he definitely prefers just plain, non-mushy peas.;)

Really enjoying your review.

Thank you.

I prefer regular peas. Sometime last century I lived in London for a year. To this day I still haven't had another brussel sprout.

I am so glad I found this!! I always love your reviews and all the pictures!! Can't wait to see the rest!!

Thank you.

Still a little jet lagged, we opted for room service again. This time I tried the burger. It was pretty tasty!

DSC_2657_Zyde.jpg

Complete with real bacon and real cheese

DSC_2659_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2660_Zyde.jpg

and then lights out.