Singles to get Double Points

All I can say is I am happy about the double points. I am sailing solo for the first time in 2015 and since Princess no longer sails from San Juan - RCI is the best option :D

The price difference was only $71 more than the Ruby doing the eastern caribbean so it worked out well for me.

Edited by LEtue

• 2 weeks later...

Read this from someone on FB today....she is currently on a ship......

"I found out RCI's 150% single supplement for high level cruisers applies to the NCCF, too. But........ It may NOT be combined with the balcony discount anymore for those of you who book balconies or suites. I have this in writing."

So,not one to believe everything I read on FB,I just did an online chat with C&A......here is what they said.

SandyRCCL: [16:04] Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International's Crown & Anchor Society. My name is Sandy. How may I assist you?

Kathy: [16:04] Hi....

SandyRCCL: [16:04] Hello Kathy, how can I help ?

Kathy- [16:05] couple of questions............first....is this true?? Someone posted it on FB

[16:05] I found out RCI's 150% single supplement for high level cruisers applies to the NCCF, too. But........ It may NOT be combined with the balcony discount anymore for those of you who book balconies or suites.

SandyRCCL: [16:06] Let me do a little research here. Bear with me.

Kathy.: [16:06] ok thanks

SandyRCCL: [16:15] I did find that the balcony discount will not apply and that the NCCFs will be included in the caluculation of the discount. For specific information I would advise that you give a call to the Diamond Plus desk at 800-526-9723 and press 9 when the recording starts. That will get you to the Diamond Plus desk. I myself do not work with or apply those discounts, so do not have answers to specific questions.

SO HOW ABOUT THAT??????:mad::mad:

Read this from someone on FB today....she is currently on a ship......

"I found out RCI's 150% single supplement for high level cruisers applies to the NCCF, too. But........ It may NOT be combined with the balcony discount anymore for those of you who book balconies or suites. I have this in writing."

So,not one to believe everything I read on FB,I just did an online chat with C&A......here is what they said.

SandyRCCL: [16:04] Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International's Crown & Anchor Society. My name is Sandy. How may I assist you?

Kathy: [16:04] Hi....

SandyRCCL: [16:04] Hello Kathy, how can I help ?

Kathy- [16:05] couple of questions............first....is this true?? Someone posted it on FB

[16:05] I found out RCI's 150% single supplement for high level cruisers applies to the NCCF, too. But........ It may NOT be combined with the balcony discount anymore for those of you who book balconies or suites.

SandyRCCL: [16:06] Let me do a little research here. Bear with me.

Kathy.: [16:06] ok thanks

SandyRCCL: [16:15] I did find that the balcony discount will not apply and that the NCCFs will be included in the caluculation of the discount. For specific information I would advise that you give a call to the Diamond Plus desk at 800-526-9723 and press 9 when the recording starts. That will get you to the Diamond Plus desk. I myself do not work with or apply those discounts, so do not have answers to specific questions.

SO HOW ABOUT THAT??????:mad::mad:

RC gives with one pinky and takes away with two fists.

This is insane.

So, now if I use my perk to cap the single supplement at 50%, it is not only higher because NCCF is included before they slice it in half, but I can't use my D+ balcony discount????

They are really getting out of hand.

What is the point any more?

And it's not as though I could "turn down" the double points and stick with combining the lower single supplement with my balcony discount.

I am stuck with the crumbs that they throw.

About to vomit here. :mad:

I spoke with RCCL this afternoon, and yes, a memo was issued to D+ Desk that if you use your 150% perk for single supplement, you will NOT be able to use your balcony discount. This is truly unfair since you earn the 150% supplement as a perk for loyalty to the brand and then they decide to remove the balcony discount!

A letter writing campaign is now in my future, and, if you feel this is unfair, we should all participate!

I spoke with RCCL this afternoon, and yes, a memo was issued to D+ Desk that if you use your 150% perk for single supplement, you will NOT be able to use your balcony discount. This is truly unfair since you earn the 150% supplement as a perk for loyalty to the brand and then they decide to remove the balcony discount!

A letter writing campaign is now in my future, and, if you feel this is unfair, we should all participate!

I just shot off my letter. Send yours! :mad:

In other words, even though the entire fare is composed of "what it costs RC to have you on the cruise" plus their profit, they don't pay the travel agent commission on part of it, because they are cheap. (all cruise lines do this)

RC gives with one pinky and takes away with two fists.

This is insane. About to vomit here. :mad:

Never having done a solo cruise it is interesting to learn the different aspects of it. I now know why you might be sick. I'd hold your hair back for you if you needed it.:)

Who are you writing to? I agree that it's unfair (especially because it hits me in the wallet).

All the stores I shop at on land have a "one coupon per person" limit and a "cannot be combined with any other discount" policy. Seems to me Royal Caribbean is just doing what everyone else is doing.

As my mother used to say, just because everybody else is doing it doesn't mean that you (RCI) should, too. But everybody isn't doing it.

Princess allows you to combine future cruise credits, military OBC, shareholder OBC and book at a reduced rate for singles on some cruises (they don't offer any kind of balcony discount). And, as you move up the ranks in Captain Circle, they throw some OBC at you, too. Guess they aren't leveraged to the eyeballs the way RCI is.

And they sail from LA, no flights required for us. And their product is virtually indistinguishable from RCI for those of us who don't feel compelled to jump onto floating amusement parks.

Hmmmm.

I have a single cabin booked that I moved from my son to myself, and put him in with Dad (THAT ought to make both of them miserable!! :D). We will switch cabins once on board.

I did this to get the double points. Then I realized I will be eligible for the reduced 150% single supplement. But, now I learn I will lose the balcony discount. This must be what they mean by the "certain restrictions" in the member benefits footnote for that perk at 340 points.

I refigured the cost and it's $30 more expensive to take the 150% supplement and lose the balcony discount. So, I'll just stick with the balcony discount and the double points.

I agree with Carol: the balcony discount and 150% supplement are perks acquired at DIFFERENT levels of C&A loyalty. It seems pretty rotten that they would give you one, and then take it away when you actually spend MORE money to get to a HIGHER C&A level. It's like penalizing you for your "even more" loyalty!!

Hate to say it guys, but the secret marketing folks at RCL have already updated their website to reflect this - saying single paying 200% are entitled to full face value of balcony discount.

Shame on you RCL. People who have spent thousands of dollars to sail with you and demonstrate extreme loyalty (greater than 340 points), and this is the treatment we get. Silent changes. Disgusting.

Hate to say it guys, but the secret marketing folks at RCL have already updated their website to reflect this - saying single paying 200% are entitled to full face value of balcony discount.

Shame on you RCL. People who have spent thousands of dollars to sail with you and demonstrate extreme loyalty (greater than 340 points), and this is the treatment we get. Silent changes. Disgusting.

I'm not doubting you; I'm really curious to see where they said this. Can you post a link?

I don't like this very much either, but I guess now we are feeling like the smokers did when they took that away from them. I wonder what shoe Royal will drop next, I see the lounge gone before we make D.

I really wouldn't equate this to the smoker policy at all. RCI didn't take money away from them, just took away their ability to smoke in their cabin/balcony. We're talking money here.

Go to the footnotes section of the member benefits chart on RCCL website. Specifically footnote 10,11&12

Those footnotes do not apply to the single supplement "perk". This one does though:

16 Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Package, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

All the stores I shop at on land have a "one coupon per person" limit and a "cannot be combined with any other discount" policy. Seems to me Royal Caribbean is just doing what everyone else is doing.

Who are you writing to? I agree that it's unfair (especially because it hits me in the wallet).

Direct to the top. Adam Goldstein.

As my mother used to say, just because everybody else is doing it doesn't mean that you (RCI) should, too. But everybody isn't doing it.

Princess allows you to combine future cruise credits, military OBC, shareholder OBC and book at a reduced rate for singles on some cruises (they don't offer any kind of balcony discount). And, as you move up the ranks in Captain Circle, they throw some OBC at you, too. Guess they aren't leveraged to the eyeballs the way RCI is.

And they sail from LA, no flights required for us. And their product is virtually indistinguishable from RCI for those of us who don't feel compelled to jump onto floating amusement parks.

Hmmmm.

Another example of exactly what you said: Businesses on land.

Any department store will reduce items on sale. Sometimes they will reduce them even more. (TWO sales) Then they will issue percentage off coupons, and allow me to use them on sale and clearance merchandise.

Sometimes, on top of THOSE THREE COMBINED BENEFITS, they will give me a FOURTH discount if I charge my purchase on THEIR credit card.

You are again spouting nonsense. :(