Daughter wants to book a cruise...

NurseMarla

DH & I have a cruise booked for next year. Our daughter wants to join us. I told her that she would have to pay for herself since DH will be in clinicals next year & money will be a bit tighter than usual. She's ok with that. It will be her & our grandson. She is only 24, but will be 25 when we cruise. When trying to book online, it says she must be 25 to book online. My question is, can she call & book it or will she run into the same problem? How would we go about booking her a cabin?

DH & I have a cruise booked for next year. Our daughter wants to join us. I told her that she would have to pay for herself since DH will be in clinically next year & money will be a bit tighter than usual. She's ok with that. It will be her & our grandson. She is only 24, but will be 25 when we cruise. When trying to book online, it says she must be 25 to book online. My question is, can she call & book it or will she run into the same problem? How would we go about booking her a cabin?

She can call Carnival however I would advise talking to a TA.

Why use a TA? What benefit would that have?

None what so ever, especially since she already knows exactly what cruise she wants to go on. But would come with the restriction of the TA owning her booking. So that any changes that you as a family would want to make, she would have to contact her TA when they are in the office and the whole family could lose out based on her TA's unavailbility.

Plus, her TA couldn't manage your cruise and conversely Carnival would not be able to manage your daughters cruise.

She needs to book with what ever method you booked, but a call to Carnival's 800# will be her easiest route.

I don't think she'd have to put her birthdate in until it was time for final payment. Would she be 25 by then? That's something to check.

(I personally hate getting humans involved unless I absolutely have to...)

I don't think she'd have to put her birthdate in until it was time for final payment. Would she be 25 by then? That's something to check.

(I personally hate getting humans involved unless I absolutely have to...)

Yes, it asks for her birthday when booking it.

None what so ever, especially since she already knows exactly what cruise she wants to go on. But would come with the restriction of the TA owning her booking. So that any changes that you as a family would want to make, she would have to contact her TA when they are in the office and the whole family could lose out based on her TA's unavailbility.

Plus, her TA couldn't manage your cruise and conversely Carnival would not be able to manage your daughters cruise.

She needs to book with what ever method you booked, but a call to Carnival's 800# will be her easiest route.

That's my thinking as well. I'd rather avoid the TA and have control over it that way if something is missed only one to blame is me. :)

Just have her call. I think the problem she is running into is her son is under the age of 21 and according to Carnival's rules, anyone under 21 must have someone in the cabin age 25 or older. Not only will she be over 25 by the time she sails but even if she wasn't going to be 25 this MAY be one of the exception to the rules since the minor is her child. Another exception to this rule is married couples as long as they can produce a valid marriage license.

Just have her call. I think the problem she is running into is her son is under the age of 21 and according to Carnival's rules, anyone under 21 must have someone in the cabin age 25 or older. Not only will she be over 25 by the time she sails but even if she wasn't going to be 25 this MAY be one of the exception to the rules since the minor is her child. Another exception to this rule is married couples as long as they can produce a valid marriage license.

I never thought about that! I bet you are right. Thank you!

All you or she has to do is call Carnival (if you booked with a PVP the same person would be the best one to call) and tell them that her parents will also be on this same cruise.. No problem... It just has to be someone related on the ship over 25 and then anyone else can book/cruise

Just call Carnival.

That's what I had to do for a guest I was bringing who was going to be 21 at the time of sailing, but at the time of booking was only 20.

They booked it for me over the phone no problem. Have a fun cruise!

I don't know if it has changed in the past few months since I booked my last cruise online, but I just turned 25 about a month ago, and I have always books my cruises online. My last completed cruise, I was 23 when I booked it and 24 when I sailed. The first cruise, I was 22 when I booked it for myself and my better half who was 23 at the time.

I know that you need to be 21 to book a cabin, but I have never heard of this 25 year old rule to book online. Hopefully she gets this resolved!

Why use a TA? What benefit would that have?

My TA gives OBC I have $125.00 for my upcoming cruise. They will take care of any issue if it arises. Keep in mind when you book directly you may or may not get someone who knows what their talking about, your calling a call center and they are not travel agents.

I stopped using Carnival after book my 2009 cruise where the PVP at Carnival gave me the wrong answers to my questions and luckily for me I investigated it myself and was able to correct the problems.

That being said don't just go with any TA but with a true cruise planners.

Good luck!

My TA gives OBC I have $125.00 for my upcoming cruise. They will take care of any issue if it arises. Keep in mind when you book directly you may or may not get someone who knows what their talking about, your calling a call center and they are not travel agents.

I stopped using Carnival after book my 2009 cruise where the PVP at Carnival gave me the wrong answers to my questions and luckily for me I investigated it myself and was able to correct the problems.

That being said don't just go with any TA but with a true cruise planners.

Good luck!

I thought TA's were no longer able to give more than $25 OBC.

Has that changed recently?

I don't know if it has changed in the past few months since I booked my last cruise online, but I just turned 25 about a month ago, and I have always books my cruises online. My last completed cruise, I was 23 when I booked it and 24 when I sailed. The first cruise, I was 22 when I booked it for myself and my better half who was 23 at the time.

I know that you need to be 21 to book a cabin, but I have never heard of this 25 year old rule to book online. Hopefully she gets this resolved!

You only have to be 21 to book with CCL unless someone else in the cabin is under 21. If that is the case someone needs to be 25 unless married.

Since you and your traveling companion were both over 21 you had no issues.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

This is not rocket science.

She needs to be 25 (to travel with a minor in the same cabin) at the time of SAILING, NOT at the time of BOOKING. As long as her date of birth reflects that she will be 25 at the time of sailing, she doesn't need to jump through hoops of fire to book her cabin with her underage son in the cabin.

I do recommend that she calls Carnival to set up the booking just to ensure that the bookings are tied together though.

Archived