Reflection category 1A or 2A

gogo65

What would you do?

I am booked on reflection next April in a 2A cabin, 7270, on the hump.

For $40 more we can get a 1A. Cabins 8252, 8254, 8256, 8258 or 9292.

These all seem to have the bigger balcony.

What would you choose?? I assume the $40 is worth it?

The cabins on deck 8 which you listed are all rear facing angle hump cabins, which while nice, do not give you a view forward. Also available which is not shown on the Celebrity website is cabin 7264 which is an angled hump facing forward. Is it worth an extra $40? Well the deck is a bit bigger than the one you have now but you are in a good cabin now, mid ship on the straight hump. The only real difference is the angled balcony which gives you more room. I guess it depends on how much time you spend on the balcony.

The c2 cabins are on a higher deck which I personally don't like because you feel the movement of the ship more if you are in rough seas. I guess it depends also on if the movement of the ship bothers you.

Edited by Holly g

What would you do?

Staterooms 8252, 8256, and 9292 have the largest of the angled balconies and have the bed by the balcony. Stateroom 8254 and 8258 have the bed by the bath and have large balconies also, only a foot or so less in depth than the others.

I would go for a 1A for the $40, but you must chose bed position - bath or balcony. I personally prefer bed by bath so would chose 8254 or 8258.

On the S-Class ships of Celebrity the movement is not felt on the higher decks like it is on the smaller Disney ships.

Well I have sailed on the Equinox twice and the Silhouette once out of New York

To the Caribbean and I have felt the motion on the higher decks. Guess it depends on how sensitive you are to movement. I've felt minor earthquakes that others around me didn't feel but was reported on the news an hour later so....:rolleyes:

Well I have sailed on the Equinox twice and the Silhouette once out of New York

To the Caribbean and I have felt the motion on the higher decks. Guess it depends on how sensitive you are to movement. I've felt minor earthquakes that others around me didn't feel but was reported on the news an hour later so....:rolleyes:

That makes sence then, we are all different in the motion we do or do not feel.

I have been in 8256 on the Equinox and 8254 on the Reflection. Loved both cabins, but liked 8256 just a bit more. This because of the bed by the balcony. Also has the largest balcony, but balcony on 8254 was pretty roomy too.

For $40 more I would definitely go for either of those cabins.;)

Thanks everyone for your opinion, looks like I will try for 8256 or 8254, just need to call my TA! Of course now it is the weekend here, so will have to wait till Monday. Will keep checking over the weekend to see if they're still available.

We aren't sure how much time we will spend using the balcony as this is the first time having balcony, so who knows if it will be good value, for $40 we can work it out.

Travellink would love to see the photos! Thanks

I am going on this cruise with my friend, she wanted to keep it on the cheaper side, (this is week one of seven weeks on an around the world trip, hence trying to budget a bit) so I plan on paying the extra and just telling her this is the cabin we booked;)

Edited by gogo65

What would you do?

I like your 7270 hump cabin... nice location....;) nice view..you can look foward/aft.

To me it's a "premium" hump balcony.

1A. Cabins 8252, 8254, 8256, 8258 or 9292 are angled

with a deeper balcony.

Edited by Feelin' Nauti'

• 2 years later...
Staterooms 8252, 8256, and 9292 have the largest of the angled balconies and have the bed by the balcony. Stateroom 8254 and 8258 have the bed by the bath and have large balconies also, only a foot or so less in depth than the others.

I would go for a 1A for the $40, but you must chose bed position - bath or balcony. I personally prefer bed by bath so would chose 8254 or 8258.

how do you know if your stateroom has the bed or sofa by the balcony? i am currently in cabin 6235 on the celebrity reflection and i am thinking of changing to 7270. i'm hoping that 7270 has the bed by the balcony.

how do you know if your stateroom has the bed or sofa by the balcony? i am currently in cabin 6235 on the celebrity reflection and i am thinking of changing to 7270. i'm hoping that 7270 has the bed by the balcony.

Yes, both 6235 and 7270 have bed by the balcony

One way of telling is looking at the deck plans. If a stateroom is marked with a triangle (upper berth) or square (fold out sofa bed), that stateroom has bed by the bath. The neighboring stateroom has bed by the balcony since they alternate bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc.

Yes, both 6235 and 7270 have bed by the balcony

One way of telling is looking at the deck plans. If a stateroom is marked with a triangle (upper berth) or square (fold out sofa bed), that stateroom has bed by the bath. The neighboring stateroom has bed by the balcony since they alternate bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc.

thank you so much for the information!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
On the S-Class ships of Celebrity the movement is not felt on the higher decks like it is on the smaller Disney ships.

Well that's disappointing. The main point of cruising (for me) is to be on the water - and to know that you're on the water. If I want to feel still I will take a land-based vacation. :(