CPAP and distilled water

Casanova02

Celebrity has a Special Needs department. They can arrange for you to have an extension cord, and distilled water. Bringing some, yourself, is never a bad idea if it is convenient for you to do so, just in case it isn't there for you on the first night.

Thanks for the information.

I know about the Special Need dept. and on my previous cruise, it was mention in my record that I had a CPAP machine and I had no problem for getting an extension cord. But i didn't know if they had distilled water...

Like you said, I'll bring a little bottle for the first night....

On my three previous cruises, I simply asked for it to my cabin attendant; in every case, he (she) didn't seem surprised by the request and the extension cord and a bottle of distilled water were promptly delivered to my cabin. I didn't have to bring water to the ship or to make a special request in advance.

Definitely contact the Special Needs Department, either by phone or by email. I got both the extension cord and the distilled water on my March cruise. If you don't find any, just ask the cabin attendant.

After contacting special needs, a gallon of distilled water was in our room upon arrival but not the extension cord. We had to call down to guest relations and they put a $40 charge on our seas pass card before the room steward could deliver it. The charge was removed after we returned the cord to guest relations on the last day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were supplied with both extension cord and distilled bottled water, call and advise them of your needs prior to your sail date

Yes they will provide just fill out the speical needs form. We need specific water, etc for my son;s g-tube formula and they provide it free of charge

Sharoj

Hi

I have sleep apnea and have to use a CPAP machine. On my previous cruise, I was bringing my own water. Do you know if Celebrity have or sell distilled water on the ship ?

Thanks

Both my wife and I have cpaps with humidity. We already have cord and water listed on our res by our TA. What I do suggest is to bring an adapter to fit the European socket. Our machines power packs (similar to a laptop computer one) automatically switch for 220 so it gives you another place to plug in. An alternative is a power strip.

I've always had both the Dist. water and the extension cord waiting for me except once, and a request to my steward took care of that in short order. But I'm debating buying a new heavy duty UL approved extension cord because the one that they provided me last time... well OMG! They could have plugged it in in San Diego and it probably would still be unravelling by the time we got thru the canal. There was so much cord there wasn't a good place to put it out of the way, though I mostly tried stowing the excess under the bed. I've never had that happen before.

Both my wife and I have cpaps with humidity. We already have cord and water listed on our res by our TA. What I do suggest is to bring an adapter to fit the European socket. Our machines power packs (similar to a laptop computer one) automatically switch for 220 so it gives you another place to plug in. An alternative is a power strip.

Good idea

Thanks

they could have plugged it in in san diego and it probably would still be unravelling by the time we got thru the canal. There was so much cord there wasn't a good place to put it out of the way, though i mostly tried stowing the excess under the bed.

lol

I always carry in my cpap bag a small extension cord and a travel power strip. I also don't worry about the distilled water. Even if you use it at home, a week's use of tap water won't do any harm to the machine (or you!).

That's just me but it makes my life easier as I travel quite a bit.

Hi

I have sleep apnea and have to use a CPAP machine. On my previous cruise, I was bringing my own water. Do you know if Celebrity have or sell distilled water on the ship ?

Thanks

My machine comes apart, so I leave the water half at home. A week without water is not harmful. I also bring my own cord.

You all have had better luck with the "special needs" department than I have. Two cruises ago on the Silhouette and earlier this month on the Summit I had no cord and no water in the stateroom on arrival despite having done the email dance including their confirmation with special needs in Miami. Cabin attendant seemed to indicate it was all news to him.

I now carry my own cord since I was told on the Silhouette that the electrician:eek: would have to bring the cord to assess the needs and identify the correct cord for the job. Promised in the early afternoon of the sail day that he could probably get the job done before bedtime. :rolleyes:

Cabin attendant finally located some distilled water. Corporate's lack of follow through made me question who really had "special needs".

I too carry an extension cord and use tap water when travelling. The water chamber does get scaled up but it can be cleaned. I have a separate one for vacation and at home (the home one only getting distilled water).

I always carry in my cpap bag a small extension cord and a travel power strip. I also don't worry about the distilled water. Even if you use it at home, a week's use of tap water won't do any harm to the machine (or you!).

That's just me but it makes my life easier as I travel quite a bit.

Since the water coming out the tap goes through a desalination process, isn't the water distilled?

I always thought that and on my many cruises never asked for distilled water.

I believe that most of the ship's water is desalinated by reverse osmosis, a process where they actually squeeze the water out of the salt water under pressure through a membrane. Distillation takes a lot more energy than reverse osmosis so most of the drinking water is produced by reverse osmosis but ships might make some drinking water by distillation but not sure how much.

Archived