Do they have in-cabin internet on the Noordam?

PunkiC

We were on the Noordam in March and used our iPad in the cabin, in the bathroom, on the balcony and anywhere else on the ship with good results ... actually close to what we get at home! We even used FaceTime from our balcony while at sea and got excellent reception. No need to leave the door open anymore as they have obviously upgraded their systems.

Wired, no. Only Eurodam and N. Amsterdam have wired access in the cabin.
:confused: What??? Where's the connection? What class of cabin? I've been on both ships (OV and veranda) and never saw any hard wire jack! :eek:

The Vistas used to have dial-up ports next to the phone jacks, but those haven't worked in years.

When on the Noordam this past February/March, there were repeaters throughout the ship, but signal strength was spotty as you approached the mid-way point between them. If you had one close to your cabin you were fine, but if you were further away reception became less sure. The type of device (laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.) also had an influence on reception.

During the cruise they were running additional lines through the ship which I was told was to increase the number of repeaters to ensure good signal strength in all cabins. I don't know if this has been completed, but a more recent passenger might be able to comment if there has been an improvement.

:confused: What??? Where's the connection? What class of cabin? I've been on both ships (OV and veranda) and never saw any hard wire jack! :eek:

The Vistas used to have dial-up ports next to the phone jacks, but those haven't worked in years.

There were jacks in SB suites on the Eurodam in July. We didn't use them as we used wireless on our tablets. Hadn't seen them previously before on our several cruises on the Vistas.

Archived