Ship lunch when docked in Labadee

shofer

I'm thinking that we won't even get off the ship at this port as neither of us are big beach people. We are wondering if there was going to be a lunch on the ship with the big buffet at the beach.

Relaxing by the pool when most are gone sounds heavenly. Just curious what amenities will be available at that time.

Sue

I would suggest that the OP reconsiders. Neither my husband nor I are beach lovers and, in normal circumstances, would not go near a beach but we love Labadee. Our first stop there, in 2007, was before they built the cabanas. We enjoyed it even more with a cabana last year.

Sue

I'm thinking that we won't even get off the ship at this port as neither of us are big beach people. We are wondering if there was going to be a lunch on the ship with the big buffet at the beach.

Relaxing by the pool when most are gone sounds heavenly. Just curious what amenities will be available at that time.

Sue

Like you we are not big beach people... we look forward to staying on board when the ship is less full. We have been there and done the beach thing several times in the past. Don't worry you will be able to enjoy the pool and a nice buffet just like any other port day.

Thanks for the update. I know Mom would never spend the money for a cabana and definitely prefers a pool to sand.

I was on Princess Grand last year with a friend and we rented a cabana. It was ok but I was not impressed.

Sue

We are in Labadee in December and looking forward to seeing all the changes from our last visit many years ago. There was plenty of shade and we just relaxed, walked around and enjoyed the drinks and did do some swimming.

I am only concerned that there will be 2 ships on Labadee our day there. :eek:

We are in Labadee in December and looking forward to seeing all the changes from our last visit many years ago. There was plenty of shade and we just relaxed, walked around and enjoyed the drinks and did do some swimming.

I am only concerned that there will be 2 ships on Labadee our day there. :eek:

Sam:

Here's a web site where you can check...

http://ports.cruisett.com/

we did not get off the ship our first time at that port--nice scenery to look at on shore and we had a great time staying on board..

we were just there again . this time we enjoyed our Cabana Experience & our full day there...the cabana perks made it very easy to get around, get drinks & enjoy a special lunch buffet..

the water was calm but there were some spiny urchins we avoided while lazing on our mats...

.the shopping was a bit disappointing..one nice store w/ interesting local crafts etc..& then many stalls with fairly aggressive vendors.. .. our dtr & her bf enjoyed the coaster etc...

both DH & I agree we would skip gettin off next time around.

Archived