Live Webcams: answer question to view?

ferfoodle

Maybe it thought you were Canadian and were winning a sweepstakes? :)

(Obviously not the case here, but Canadian sweepstakes winners MUST correctly answer a math question to win. I kid you not.)

Maybe it's the site's equivalent of presenting a "captcha" image to prevent bots from hooking up?

I just went to the Fun Ships Live Webcams site and had to answer questions to gain access???? The first was what is 7+7+1 and the second was is the earth a cube? What is up with that? Just strange IMO.

http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com/

That is wild! I just looked at that webpage a couple days ago and did not see that, but now I do too. Must be something new. Must be some malicious stuff going on that Carnival is trying to thwart.

It asked me if I was a Cylon. I said no and it let me in.

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

I wonder what would have happened if you answered "yes". Maybe a Cylon lives on a cube earth. :D

I can understand the viewpoint to ward against "bots", but more than one question (2 to 6 as reported) is just silly. After all, even when you have to type in the letters/numbers in those security boxes, you only have to do it once.

I was on the site earlier in the day yesterday - and it was not there, so brand new. Maybe they will get the quirks out in a few days so those you are answering question after question (15 as one poster reported) and still not getting on will be able to?

I actually called Carnival's web technical line on that issue today. It does NOT work with Chrome. It does work on IE and Firefox, but not Chrome. I gently suggested it was time to get with the program and design programs that work with all browsers! :D

I actually called Carnival's web technical line on that issue today. It does NOT work with Chrome. It does work on IE and Firefox, but not Chrome. I gently suggested it was time to get with the program and design programs that work with all browsers! :D

It works with Chrome, as that is the browser I use. But once again, I had to answer several questions in order to access the site.

D.

Archived