Diamond Drinks Trial?

Just got off Indy after a 4 night party cruise and loved it.

yes the drinks vouchers are loaded daily to sea pass card and can be used anywhere......

the coupons booklet is no more and also loaded onto seapass card, you get a paper in cabin listing all the discounts and bartenders ask you if you want to apply the discounts before they charge you.

i think its a great idea as you can still socialize with folks that arnt diamond and get yer free drinkies.:eek::)

Great update thanks. Did you visit the diamond lounge during your cruise and if so was it like usual or did you need to hand over your card and use a voucher? If so, we're you limited to 3 drinks in the lounge?

3 drinks, I consider that generous. I can't normally manage more than 3 in the time we visit the Diamond lounge, so that's fine by me. What's to stop the staff requesting your Seapass card even in the DL to utilise the 'coupon' as at another bars during the cocktail hours of 5-8? That'll prevent having 3 drinks at an alternative bar and more in the DL. Sorry if that isn't enough for some.

Sounds like a great idea to me if it prevents the 'zoo' that was our experience on our only previous TA when the Sphinx lounge on Liberty wasn't adequate for the number of people 'entitled' to free cocktails. Hopefully it'll be operating on our upcoming Adventure TA in April 2014 so we'll have a more relaxed cocktail period.

I've read thought this thread and wondered why no one has pointed out the high-lighted words.

(I apologize for re-posting the announcement for those who find it boring.)

"You asked – we listened! Often we hear great ideas from our Crown & Anchor Society members that we are able to bring into action. During your upcoming transatlantic voyage onboard the Independence of the Seas®, you will be part of a pilot test to enhance the Loyalty experience onboard. We understand at times the Diamond lounge can be crowded, so we are excited to introduce a new option for you aboard the Independence of the Seas: A nightly happy hour from 5:00 - 8:00pm to be enjoyed at almost every venue throughout the ship!*

How? Free drink vouchers will be pre-loaded onto your SeaPass® card to enable you to enjoy the flexibility of up to three complimentary beverages at almost every bar throughout the ship. You can still sit back and relax while enjoying all of the amenities in the Diamond Lounge, plus all of the other options available to you! We look forward to hearing your feedback about this new experience and wish you a wonderful cruise holiday. Happy sailing! "

My takeaway is that it's a pilot test, it's an option, and you can still enjoy the diamond lounge. No conjecture, no reading between the lines, no forecasting doom and gloom. I tend to deal with doom and gloom as it comes, and not before.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to point this out. I hope I'm not repeating a post I missed, I believe I read them all.

Completely agree with your assessment. Having read the post several times.

That said, people on board will let us know the "facts" soon. If not already.

jc

3 drinks, I consider that generous. I can't normally manage more than 3 in the time we visit the Diamond lounge, so that's fine by me. What's to stop the staff requesting your Seapass card even in the DL to utilise the 'coupon' as at another bars during the cocktail hours of 5-8? That'll prevent having 3 drinks at an alternative bar and more in the DL. Sorry if that isn't enough for some.

Sounds like a great idea to me if it prevents the 'zoo' that was our experience on our only previous TA when the Sphinx lounge on Liberty wasn't adequate for the number of people 'entitled' to free cocktails. Hopefully it'll be operating on our upcoming Adventure TA in April 2014 so we'll have a more relaxed cocktail period.

It may sound "piggish" of me, but it is not unusual to have a couple of before dinner drinks, and then still have plenty of time to return for an after dinner drink. *I* don't think that that is excessive, but if you make it 3 before dinner, or two after, I will have exceeded 3-a-day.

:)

It may sound "piggish" of me, but it is not unusual to have a couple of before dinner drinks, and then still have plenty of time to return for an after dinner drink. *I* don't think that that is excessive, but if you make it 3 before dinner, or two after, I will have exceeded 3-a-day.

Agreed.

This one of the ways this lounge is so great. Any drink counting in there would be annoying and petty I think

|Not 'piggish' at all, it's just as we eat late we only go into the lounge on our way to dinner and drink in other venues (if at all) after dinner, so I was commenting that free drinks before dinner is ample for me. I wasn't casting aspersions on anyone else.

Agreed.

This one of the ways this lounge is so great. Any drink counting in there would be annoying and petty I think

Maybe that's why they may be considering putting a limit on it, because they have been counting how much it is costing for the 'free cocktail hour', just saying. Sometimes we have to look at from RCI perspective. They have to keep their costs down.

IMHO I don't think it's petty if they were to be counting how many free drinks they are providing over a 3 hour period. As a business, I would be.

I'll say it again, I think it's a great idea as I've always wondered why there hasn't been a limit before.

|Not 'piggish' at all, it's just as we eat late we only go into the lounge on our way to dinner and drink in other venues (if at all) after dinner, so I was commenting that free drinks before dinner is ample for me. I wasn't casting aspersions on anyone else.

Maybe that's why they may be considering putting a limit on it, because they have been counting how much it is costing for the 'free cocktail hour', just saying. Sometimes we have to look at from RCI perspective. They have to keep their costs down.

IMHO I don't think it's petty if they were to be counting how many free drinks they are providing over a 3 hour period. As a business, I would be.

I'll say it again, I think it's a great idea as I've always wondered why there hasn't been a limit before.

OOO, OOO, OOO................

I know how to REALLY ignite this thread!!!!!

I think that RC's costs really went up when they started to allow CHILDREN into the lounges! All of that wasted soda. And the food!!! Think of all the extra food! Not only do children consume lots of food, think of all of the platters of perfectly good food that they have had to throw out after an adult reports seeing one of the darlings touching all of the pieces!

:eek:

OOO, OOO, OOO................

I know how to REALLY ignite this thread!!!!!

I think that RC's costs really went up when they started to allow CHILDREN into the lounges! All of that wasted soda. And the food!!! Think of all the extra food! Not only do children consume lots of food, think of all of the platters of perfectly good food that they have had to throw out after an adult reports seeing one of the darlings touching all of the pieces!

I'll add to this......you better be quick in the CL if want 1 or 2 chocolate covered strawberries. The kids would take them all in one trip to the hors d'oeuvres bar.:rolleyes:

Not only do children consume lots of food, think of all of the platters of perfectly good food that they have had to throw out after an adult reports seeing one of the darlings touching all of the pieces![/font][/size]

Actually it's funny you should say this but on Navigator earlier this year there were kids in the Concierge lounge who must have touched the food without tongs (nice family, well-behaved kids). However the concierge walked over to the food and disposed of the whole tray :eek: No one had complained, I'm not even sure anyone even noticed except us and we wouldn't have thought about complaining.

Edited by Bobal

I'll add to this......you better be quick in the CL if want 1 or 2 chocolate covered strawberries. The kids would take them all in one trip to the hors d'oeuvres bar.:rolleyes:

I can say the same thing happens with certain adults. Most are polite enough to not clean off the tray but a few aren't so thoughtful. I can understand it from poorly trained children.

I have to comment... As a diamond plus member and a mother of a 3 year old child who's also a diamond plus member and usually a suite guest. The problems in the concierge room is not the children or the adults who don't want kids. the problem is there's not enough space for everybody. One thing that needs to be remembered many times suite guests have children because they need more space therefore the concierge lounge needs to accommodate families. On the Oasis class ships it's easy... Guests with kids upstairs guests without kids downstairs. Its very stressful as a parent to know your kids aren't welcome and equally uncomfortable for the people who don't want the kids around. Having a drink voucher for Diamond members sounds great. This way everybody can be accommodated and the suite guests don't have to go running like crazy people down to the concierge room at 430 to get a seat. When you're paying upwards of $10,000 for a week for a cruise you don't want to deal with jockeying for position for an amenity you pay for. The behavior of the adults is also a problem...the last cruise I was on people were filling up to go cups with liquor bringing them down to the dining room. If people keep doing that they're going to limit the amount of alcohol you can have to maybe only three drinks per day versus as many as you can drink in the concierge lounge. Just had to put my 2 cents in:-)

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Having a drink voucher for Diamond members sounds great. This way everybody can be accommodated and the suite guests don't have to go running like crazy people down to the concierge room at 430 to get a seat.

Vouchers for Diamond members won't reduce numbers in CL as they are not able to use it unless in GS or above. I am waiting to hear how this trial worked on the TA but I really hope they don't take away the DL from us.

I have to comment... As a diamond plus member and a mother of a 3 year old child who's also a diamond plus member and usually a suite guest. The problems in the concierge room is not the children or the adults who don't want kids. the problem is there's not enough space for everybody. One thing that needs to be remembered many times suite guests have children because they need more space therefore the concierge lounge needs to accommodate families. On the Oasis class ships it's easy... Guests with kids upstairs guests without kids downstairs. Its very stressful as a parent to know your kids aren't welcome and equally uncomfortable for the people who don't want the kids around. Having a drink voucher for Diamond members sounds great. This way everybody can be accommodated and the suite guests don't have to go running like crazy people down to the concierge room at 430 to get a seat. When you're paying upwards of $10,000 for a week for a cruise you don't want to deal with jockeying for position for an amenity you pay for. The behavior of the adults is also a problem...the last cruise I was on people were filling up to go cups with liquor bringing them down to the dining room. If people keep doing that they're going to limit the amount of alcohol you can have to maybe only three drinks per day versus as many as you can drink in the concierge lounge. Just had to put my 2 cents in:-)

Your children are welcome in the lounge, please do not feel that they are not.

Enjoy

M

Can't agree with you more

:-) you always feel like they're going to give you something but then you think what are they going to take away

it seems to work that way, hopefully not this time.

Edited by Folk Singer

I always go after 18:30 when most members left for early seating and is not crowded at all! wondering if they will be doing it on my Serenade TA as well.

I hope not I like staying in the D lounge or Concierge visiting a meeting new people and I have more than 3 drinks. And I am on that cruise too

1. I thought that you were Diamond?

2. On Oasis/Allure, that second level is used for the Chef's Table.

3. The only children who are not welcome are the same as adults who are not welcome: Those who do not behave appropriately in company.