Diamond Drinks Trial?

Our son who is doing the TA on Indy with us, rang RCCL UK and ACCORDING to them;), the drink vouchers are designed to take the overcrowding out of the D Lounge, drinks are supposedly available without the vouchers in the D Lounge. Guess we will have to wait and see how true this is.

Our son who is doing the TA on Indy with us, rang RCCL UK and ACCORDING to them;), the drink vouchers are designed to take the overcrowding out of the D Lounge, drinks are supposedly available without the vouchers in the D Lounge. Guess we will have to wait and see how true this is.

this sounds good...Please Keep us posted:)

Tom, The first drink in the DL is definitely on me if it is true:);)

See you soon:)

John

I really cant be bothered to read all the speculation so is this 3 vouchers 3 drinks and that's it no drinks in diamond or cl lounges after you have used your vouchers set in stone and has some one actually got conformation that this is so not just speculation

NIck, I believe the coupons will be given to forgo the diamond lounge all together, in other words they might not be serving drinks in the lounge because of a large number of diamonds and above onboard. This way you will still receive drinks during the event time, only at your choice of bar. If I find out more info, I will let you know. c & a still are confused when you ask about it. This has been tried on CelebrityCruises, maybe check out one of those posts?

NIck, I believe the coupons will be given to forgo the diamond lounge all together, in other words they might not be serving drinks in the lounge because of a large number of diamonds and above onboard. This way you will still receive drinks during the event time, only at your choice of bar. If I find out more info, I will let you know. c & a still are confused when you ask about it. This has been tried on CelebrityCruises, maybe check out one of those posts?

FROM THE EMAIL THAT I RECEIVED FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN:

"How? Free drink vouchers will be pre-loaded onto your SeaPass® card to enable you to enjoy the flexibility of up to three complimentary beverages at almost every bar throughout the ship. You can still sit back and relax while enjoying all of the amenities in the Diamond Lounge, plus all of the other options available to you!"

I take this to mean that life in the Diamond Lounge will be the same as it has been.

We will certainly find out Saturday night when the "experiment" begins. Someone will report back to CC.

BUT, keep in mind that just because the "experiment" on us is conducted a certain way for this cruise, it doesn't mean that it will necessarily be done the same way on other Trans-Atlantics or even fleet wide IF they decide to institute it as policy.

Whatever happens, I'm ready for an enjoyable Trans-Atlantic.

Answer - No

Liz, is that no, we don't know the real answer officially or No you can't go get drinks in the DL after you drink up your vouchers in other bars?

jc:confused:

I see you answered this confirming what I thought I knew. Thanks.

Edited by xpcdoojk

Liz, is that no, we don't know the real answer officially or No you can't go get drinks in the DL after you drink up your vouchers in other bars?

jc:confused:

I see you answered this confirming what I thought I knew. Thanks.

It's a logistical issue, the vouchers are on your seapass card. You don't need your seapass card to order a drink in the Diamond Club.

How would they know, unless you are swaying and the ship isn't. :D

Remember, the vouchers are accepted the same hours as the CL/DL cocktail hours. I don't see the big deal and conversation about having the three drinks in a bar and then going to the lounge to drink more, when one can simply sit in the lounge for several hours and drink all they want.

Yikes - how many drinks do folks consume ( or want to consume) in a three hour time slot? ( I really don't want an answer as it is a statement more than a question!) I am not in a DL or CL long enough nor do I care to be the DL/CL police. I don't care how long one stays or how much one drinks, but there sure is a lot of conversation about drinking as much as possible.

By the way, as a side bar, we sailed the Enchantment this past weekend and went to the CL all three nights from around 6:30-7:15 PM. All three nights, there were never more than 10-12 people in there. In fact on the second night there were 6 of us in there. The D lounge sounded a bit busier, but we never got there. We stopped in the CL for coffee each morning and there was one person there one morning.

I guess there was no overcrowding issue as there were only 40 something D Plus, and one Pinnacle on board sharing the lounge with the suite guests.

M

So you told someone else to adapt also, unbelieveable.

My goal on this board since the day I joined has always been to share my experiences in the hope that I can help others enjoy their cruises more. I am always encouraging people to be flexible, because the one thing I know for sure in life is that nothing is for sure, stays the same, or remains static.

This new drink voucher system, and other changes, are part of the changing cruise industry. I personally believe adapting is not necessarily a negative, and I pass this philosophy (for lack of a better word) in many of my posts.

I wasn't referring to you, so please do not take this personally. 'Nuff said, please. If my posts irritate you, then please add me to your ignore list.

Edited by pcur

Err I think the main reason the negativity was brief, was the quick turnaround and introduction of the Diamond event, and the introduction of Diamond Lounges, which many people said would be too small too quickly.

This has proved to be correct, and the new trial policy is the next move on, which if successful may well result in the DLounge becoming the D+ Lounge, and the CL being returned to the Suite Guests.

i would love to see this happen. it will get rid of the overcrowding in the CL and the gold card folks will get their CL back to enjoy by themselves...

this is what the CL was originally designed for...:)

i would love to see this happen. it will get rid of the overcrowding in the CL and the gold card folks will get their CL back to enjoy by themselves...

this is what the CL was originally designed for...:)

This may be true...although you can not really tell us what the CL was "designed for" as I am reasonably certain you did not design it. Read PCURS post above....cruise industry is changing, However, when I was striving for cruise points and choosing RCI over other cruise lines for my vacations. I was making this explicit choice because RCI made the promise that if I reach D+ status I will get the ability, and privilege and recognition to enter the CL. RCI never said I was going to be second class in the CL while I was striving to climb the loyalty program. And now people like you would have me and others removed from the CL? :rolleyes:

Also what crowds?????????? We have been on well over 40 cruises with RCI The CL is no more crowded than any other bar or venue during peak hours. Most times less. Kick people out of the schooner bar!!! That bar is usually crowded!!!

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

This may be true...although you can not really tell us what the CL was "designed for" as I am reasonably certain you did not design it. Read PCURS post above....cruise industry is changing, However, when I was striving for cruise points and choosing RCI over other cruise lines for my vacations. I was making this explicit choice because RCI made the promise that if I reach D+ status I will get the ability, and privilege and recognition to enter the CL. RCI never said I was going to be second class in the CL while I was striving to climb the loyalty program. And now people like you would have me and others removed from the CL? :rolleyes:

Also what crowds?????????? We have been on well over 40 cruises with RCI The CL is no more crowded than any other bar or venue during peak hours. Most times less. Kick people out of the schooner bar!!! That bar is usually crowded!!!

I agree 100% with your concept that you have certain expectations when earning cruise points that you expect to be fulfilled. I know that every time this comes up, other posters will say that RC doesn't "owe" loyal cruisers anything. I guess I learned, starting in kindergarten, that you make a promise, you keep it.

That said, I think (other than the black day when Ds were kicked out) that RC makes an honest effort to fulfill expectations as best they can under circumstances.

As for crowds, lounges on TAs can be a zoo.

This may be true...although you can not really tell us what the CL was "designed for" as I am reasonably certain you did not design it. Read PCURS post above....cruise industry is changing, However, when I was striving for cruise points and choosing RCI over other cruise lines for my vacations. I was making this explicit choice because RCI made the promise that if I reach D+ status I will get the ability, and privilege and recognition to enter the CL.

I try not to throw a dog in this fight anymore, but.... Since D's were removed from the lounge and with the growing numbers adding to the loyalty program, you had to know at some point some kind of change was going to happen??

Things change. Heck, right after I joined C&A my first coupon book had a free drink in it and a buy one get one-any drink. times change!!

I think you have to like the base cruise as if you got no perks what so ever-then you are in a good place to enjoy your vacation. If your vacation is all about the CL-right now-the only guarantee you have is booking a suite. Even a Pinnacle member is subject to any changes made to the loyalty program.

Just sayin'..........

Oh-BTW-I have been on non TA cruises and no way was I even getting wall space in the CL.:eek:

TA cruises are the exception for sure.

I am a RCI cheerleader too. Love every thing about RCI. But I do understand that RCI is business with business interests. As s loyal customer I too have interests........

My interests are small I want free drinks in the CL as promised.

It is up to RCI to make it work. I know simplistic.

My interests are small I want free drinks in the CL as promised.

It is up to RCI to make it work. I know simplistic.

:eek: And if they don't-'make it work'? Maybe they know simplistic but may not implement it as you thought!!

I'm thinking be happy no matter where you have your drink and life should be good. You have your health, because you're cruising and the funds to do it. Don't sweat the small stuff as they say!!;)

It's not the overcrowding in the CL or DL that is necessarily a turn-off for us. It's the one or two REALLY obnoxious and loud people that occasionally occupy the premises!!

I like the idea that I can still have my "drinkie-poo" as my funny sister puts it, and chose where I have it, which would be AWAY from above mentioned O&L person(s).

I am really happy that my bff and I can have a drink together anywere on the ship, since she is Platinum. She keeps insisting I go into the CL without her, and I keep insisting it's no fun without her, and now that will (hopefully, if this new drink voucher program is rolled out) be a non-discussion!

Thanks for the clarification.

Now I'm wondering if they will let the drink vouchers accumulate. If one uses only 2 drink vouchers one day, would they have 4 to use the next day.

Don't bet on it,Its kinda like my phone service minutes,use um or loose um.I have to ask,but are they taking the 15% gratuity also?I usually just give the kids a couple bucks every night